mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Official Gangs

stormii

Level 27
stormii__
stormii__
Omega+

I think this would be unfair to the people who have spent time building a gang from the ground up and put genuine effort into creating something in their own image.
Also it'd be a lot of stress to place on Hira or any of the other staff, as they already have enough on their plates.

Hirathex

Level 252
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
guys pls I don’t run gangs anymore, just the black market

-1 though, I feel like this wouldn’t be easy to manage

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
The Official Gangs aren't controlled by staff, they only dictate who can be in one.
It's the people in gangs that actually make the gang what it is - giving the staff, and only the staff, the ability to control who is and who isn't in a gang, is controlling the gang.

SIMPL3Z

Level 98
Community Team
Lore Team

As many said: I too do not see anything wrong with the UVG/VG system, which essentially is our 'official gangs' - Besides, previously (I do not know if it still standing) gangs aren't/weren't allowed 'official' crime events because of behavior issues, so, that is something for the gangs to fix themselves as well, not much can be done outside of that. Creating these 'official' gangs to use in crime events would essentially create the same issue of behavior as nothing is really changing, no? The real problem just lies in the community, which isn't something staff can fix: communication, communion, and support.

No one really shares their ideas with others, asks for input it from others, or gives ideas to others. There's a heavy lack of communication between a lot of gangs and even in gangs themselves between their members, as from what I've seen they don't really 'support' each other as much as they perhaps should. After all it's roleplay, and we need each other to exist. Help each other out man!! I know plenty of people are willing to help out with an idea, event, or organize a roleplay situation if you just ask!!

but, to track back really quickly: the gang system right now isn't flawed, so we shouldn't 'fix' it if it isn't broken. It all lies in things the community can change all together

Kurooo__

Level 62
Kurooo__
Kurooo__
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: Englandography
What's the title of your suggestion?: Official Gangs

What's your suggestion?:
CONTEXT:

Currently, GangRP is especially slow. Most serious permissions require OOC consent, there is a lack of activity in many gangs that results in other gangs decreasing in activity due to fewer opponents, and GangRP has a long history of toxic behavior and low quality roleplay that 1) gives it a bad rap, and 2) is the reason all of these rule changes have happened within the past year.

SUGGESTION:

I suggest, under the Crime Faction led by Hirathex, FOUR "official" gangs be formed. They would work like regular factions, where a certain number of people are allowed into the gang (30 each or so). They are similar to regular factions in the sense it is application-based, and Hirathex be the one to review each application to join the gang. Separate applications will exist to LEAD the gang, and the leader of each gang be allowed to allocate roles as they please to the people accepted into their gang.

RULE CHANGES:

Members of Official Gangs have separate permissions rules similar to previous permissions rules where Minor Assault Perms are gained by Motive, Major Assault Perms are gained by Minor Assault Perms, and Kill Perms are gained by Major Assault Perms (more detailed rules can be designed by Hirathex). These permissions only exist on other members of different Official Gangs. Any permissions gained on others must adhere to CURRENT permissions rules.
2. Unofficial Gangs are allowed to exist, same as before; however, they will have to adhere to the CURRENT permissions rules regardless of who it is against.

PROS:

This would provide a more structured form of the verification system that is better monitored by Hirathex.
2. Applications reviewed by Hirathex themself would ensure high quality roleplay and likely decrease toxicity within the ACTIVE GangRP community.
3. Official Gangs would be better suited to criminal events, since most criminal events are given to the Black Market Dealers by default; aka, more variety in crime events and more participants.
4. Official Gangs would be allowed to be ACTIVE without stressing about OOC consent for serious permissions and works as a solution to increase activity within the Crime Faction (and the Emergency Factions by extension) without it inconveniencing the regular playerbase (due to Official Gangs permissions only applying to other Official Gang members).

How will this benefit the server and community?:
As stated in "PROS", it would better organize Crime Roleplay, ensure higher quality of roleplay within the Crime Faction, increase variety of Crime Faction events, and potentially increase activity within the Crime, Police, and Hospital Factions without inconveniencing the regular playerbase.
neutral, they could have more perm opportunities but it’d rely on trusting those gang members to not abuse those perms as i’ve seen in the past

Users who are viewing this thread