oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
IGN:
oInfi
DATE:
8/28/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I'd like to move the current "Danger Zone" on SRP from the powerplant to a location within the sewers.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Crime should hardly ever be something that's commit above grounds. I can speak for not only the GangRP community but the Government community as well when I say crime is best kept underground. I feel as if KPD are too involved with every crime commit purely because of the locations players choose to commit crimes. Often times the crime community will complain that KPD is too involved when the crime they commit 9 times out of 10 is done above ground. If the danger zone is moved to the sewers, the crime community will get a bit more leeway to commit crimes with a little less pressure of KPD patrolling the area and I feel would cause a great amount less issues ICly and OOCly.

and like crime underground is cooler than crime in the streets lmao

TLDR; The sewers are underused and should be utilized more, so the danger zone should be moved there, preferably to that large room with various bridges and smaller rooms.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
-1 I understand the idea of "crime should be hidden away" but I feel like it leads to players feeling shunned or ostracized moreso than they already are due to gangrping. Rather than moving the current dangerzone, adding a secondary one in the sewers sounds like a better idea. Like Ruin mentioned, the sewers aren't really used much and I think most of that comes down to how they're kinda inconvenient to use. If we had both dangerzones players can choose whether they want more travel time and secrecy, or less travel time and run the chance of being caught.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
-1 I understand the idea of "crime should be hidden away" but I feel like it leads to players feeling shunned or ostracized moreso than they already are due to gangrping. Rather than moving the current dangerzone, adding a secondary one in the sewers sounds like a better idea. Like Ruin mentioned, the sewers aren't really used much and I think most of that comes down to how they're kinda inconvenient to use. If we had both dangerzones players can choose whether they want more travel time and secrecy, or less travel time and run the chance of being caught.
Adding a secondary danger zone will separate the playerbase way too thin and may as well just add claimable turfs at that point.

Bottom line is gangrpers don’t want to deal with KPD as much as KPD don’t want to deal with gangrpers all the time. This is an alternative that utilizes the underground map more and gives everyone what they want

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
yeah but its not rlly going to

they should simply get better, thats all I could say
I guarantee you it will. Players will no longer centralize at powerplant and instead will centralize in a new danger zone like it’s always been

fredtastic

Level 14
Community Team
Event Team
fredtastic
fredtastic
Omega+

I love having an aboveground dangerzone. As you mentionned, dealing with KPD does upset gangrpers, but what would be gangrp without the constant fear of being arrested. Underground, you're basically good to do anything without being arrested. Gangrp without risk ruins all the fun in my opinion....

EDIT: Powerplant is also a criminal hotspot. It's a place where gangrpers can hangout with each other. The sewers are too large to reach this hotspot aspect in my opinion.

EDIT NO.2 : Also adding a dangerzone to the sewers would be so annoying for BMDs. People could KO them for very small reasons...

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+

I love having an aboveground dangerzone. As you mentionned, dealing with KPD does upset gangrpers, but what would be gangrp without the constant fear of being arrested. Underground, you're basically good to do anything without being arrested. Gangrp without risk ruins all the fun in my opinion....

EDIT: Powerplant is also a criminal hotspot. It's a place where gangrpers can hangout with each other. The sewers are too large to reach this hotspot aspect in my opinion.

EDIT NO.2 : Also adding a dangerzone to the sewers would be so annoying for BMDs. People could KO them for very small reasons...
Imo, realistically there just shouldn’t be a large area in a city completely overrun by criminals like Gotham where the kpd need to monitor. The other day I watched someone get their eye stabbed out in broad daylight with a nagi and things like that just shouldn’t happen as casually as they do. That said it doesn’t take away all the risk, but it can be quite frustrating when every single fight you have in powerplant ends in KPD involvement because a random bystander walking past decides to call

For your first edit, there’s an entrance directly above the place I described to be used as a danger zone

For your second edit, that’s just an area to avoid if you’re that worried. It’s like picking up shipments at powerplant, you just gotta be careful. The entire sewers wouldn’t be a danger zone, just a popular area of it.

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+

KPD doesn't mind dealing with gangrpers, as it is our literal job. I would rather keep the powerplant than have it all moved to the sewers, as it is a lot more frustrating and annoying to find wherever it is you're trying to get to. As Fred mentioned, having the threat of the KPD always showing up randomly is probably fun for most. I'm not sure what issues are caused OOCly/ICly with players using the powerplant, though.

It is up to the player where they choose to commit the crime, it just seems as though most of them choose the powerplant, which is their decision at the end of the day

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+

KPD doesn't mind dealing with gangrpers, as it is our literal job. I would rather keep the powerplant than have it all moved to the sewers, as it is a lot more frustrating and annoying to find wherever it is you're trying to get to. As Fred mentioned, having the threat of the KPD always showing up randomly is probably fun for most. I'm not sure what issues are caused OOCly/ICly with players using the powerplant, though.

It is up to the player where they choose to commit the crime, it just seems as though most of them choose the powerplant, which is their decision at the end of the day
Just because the danger zone is moved to the sewers doesn’t mean KPD just no longer answers calls for crime. The sewers are simply underused and I’m sure the community would appreciate the extra incentive to come into the sewers and hang out, perhaps find something they haven’t before.

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
Just because the danger zone is moved to the sewers doesn’t mean KPD just no longer answers calls for crime. The sewers are simply underused and I’m sure the community would appreciate the extra incentive to come into the sewers and hang out, perhaps find something they haven’t before.
I am aware of that, and that’s not what I was implying. I stated that heading down there constantly is an unneeded fuss, and it’d just get annoying, personally. There’s no need for the sewers to become active; crime still happens down there, it’s just up to the player to the initiative themselves

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I personally prefer how the current danger zone works, along with the interaction KPD gets with the GangRP community. Personally, KPD is never an issue as long as you're smart.

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
+1
Having one centralized location as a dedicated criminal hotspot has never made sense to me. Why would criminals ever go to a place that the police are aware of, and can get to in only a few minutes? And as has been argued, it makes zero sense for criminals to act in broad daylight, especially in an area where there is little to nothing hiding them from the public eye.

To those saying this suggestion would be an inconvenience, I agree with you. That said, I think the inconvenience of using the incomprehensible labyrinth that is our sewers is much better than the linear PWP area. Why should it be so easy to commit crime? Why should it be so easy for police to find and arrest criminals? Wouldn't you want an area that is confusing, as to thwart potential pursuers, or even get the better of a less knowledgeable gangster? To put what I'm saying in concrete terms, the inconvenience is what will make it interesting. Rather than repeating the same tired strategies, moving the majority of criminal activity to the sewer will force players to get creative and innovate in their crime.

In regards to "people not using the sewers," there is currently little reason for them to. Thankfully, the sewers have basically an entire map's worth of room, meaning there is a near-limitless potential for expansion. Judging by the numerous suggestions to add certain things to the sewers (such as properties, storage, housing, etc), there is definitely an untapped market for sewer related features. If the server starts supporting activity in the sewer, the sewer will become active.

I think this is the first time I've ever written a proper response to a GangRP suggestion that isn't just "haha no, gang bad L" lmao

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1
I can see that all of these negative feedbacks are mostly because of convenience. However, I say, challenge the status quo! Seriously speaking, GangRP has been meant to move to the sewers for a long time now and this would surely speed up the process. It's something I've been trying to push forward ever since earlier this year

I feel as if KPD are too involved with every crime commit purely because of the locations players choose to commit crimes. Often times the crime community will complain that KPD is too involved when the crime they commit 9 times out of 10 is done above ground. If the danger zone is moved to the sewers, the crime community will get a bit more leeway to commit crimes with a little less pressure of KPD patrolling the area and I feel would cause a great amount less issues ICly and OOCly.
that's great and all, but do people apply to be a cop to sit at reception or do they do it to be a cop?

长卂丅卂尺卂 尸卄丫㔿

Level 120
csns
csns
Notable
(NEUTRAL.) honestly i wouldnt mind it being changed and stuff, but i feel like SOME COPS would lowkey metagame it, correct me if wrong. I'd like it to have 2 danger zone so that cops cant be everywhere at a time >:)

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

Although, yes, I agree that committing crime at the powerplant is harder due to the KPD patrolling such an area, but I personally argue that moving the location all together isn’t going to solve it. Instead of moving it’s location, instead add another one in the sewers.

I see removing and swapping the location as a band-aid solution that’ll just repeat in the future. I have seen KPD patrol the sewers, and through logic, if they start seeing crime start in a localized area, it’s very likely that they catch on and begin trying patrolling certain areas in the sewers. Albeit not as often (because who wants to visit the sewers daily as their job), this same problem is going to occur again, and then we’ll want to move it again. I also want to point out that majority of the time I’ve seen people get caught doing crime at the powerplant is when a call is made, not a patrol. Using that logic as well, for some odd reason, players like to have their civilian characters linger around crime spots where they get to watch it in action. You know where this is going. They’ll do the same thing in the new crime area, and calls will continue as normal.

Lastly, if we have more than one crime location, it’ll make it harder for KPD to contain it because it’s no longer localized in a singular area. There are no CCTV in either areas (at least inside), and they won’t truly know which to go to first unless a call is made.

that’s all I really have to say about the whole moving the location thing, but to add onto your words about using the sewers, I am still actively promoting the use of the sewers, and I hope things are built there to promote criminals using the location (like a bar, or some kind of “store”, or some kind of hot spot that benefits criminals, or temporary locations that gangs can “rent” out for a small period oocly). This way, it’ll promote gangrp to move into the sewers like it was originally meant to. I feel there needs to be more than just a criminal hot spot to get gangrp to really move down there. (I am still hoping for the sewers to turn into some kind of underworld. It’d be so cool,,,,,,,)

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
There’s no need for the sewers to become active; crime still happens down there
I argue for the sewers to be active. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I really do believe that the sewers should be utilized more when it comes to gangs. Yes, it’ll be a fuss and a problem for both KPD and criminals to learn the layout, but it’ll benefit criminals in the long run, and the KPD will have to deal with that unneeded fuss. It’ll make it harder for KPD to catch crime!!! (plus again, an undercity/underworld would be so cool,,,,,,,,,(

And, as for criminals, they’ll learn the layout of the sewers eventually. When I became BMD, I learned the layout quicker than I expected because it’s actually much more simple than most people think. Same goes for KPD!!!

Users who are viewing this thread