Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
IGN: oInfi
DATE: 8/4/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I will be suggesting two options possible in regards to the server’s current Hospital Recovery system.

The first point being to crack down on the current hospital recovery system and require EMS to be more active within allowing the playerbase the recovery roleplay they want more frequently. Methods to fix the system as followed:
  • Require a specific quota for EMS to reach in terms of allowing players to roleplay recovery along with their normal duties. These two things can be balanced out. If not a specific quota, then a more highly encouraged activity within the hospital.
  • Allow EMS workers to be more flexible with RecoveryRP, thus making them more inclined to roleplay with other players. Don’t force workers to have to remain in a room with the patient at all times. Perhaps workers can be at a nearby desk and monitor many patients at a time outside the recovery rooms, and players can push a button ICly if they need anything.
  • Apply better moderation to the system. As it stands hardly anyone is given the opportunity to roleplay recovery and they go straight to switching characters because no one will give the time of day to monitor their character.

The second point being giving players the option to recovery RP. Not in the respect that they HAVE to shelf their character, but if they want to come into the hospital to recovery RP they may. Players will not be forced to play a different character, however if they want to go through the recovery system they have the option.

The last point, if the first isn’t possible, is to completely abolish “Recovery RP”.
  • Under the next category will explain why this system was flawed to begin with and I personally think it should be removed all together.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

First I would like to address every issue with SRP’s current recovery system.

• No EMS worker wants to engage in recovery rp. As thrilling as the feature sounded when applied to the hospital, it turns out that the hospital workers, rightfully so, don’t want to sit and have to recovery rp with people. This negatively impacts the other party’s roleplay in the respect that they just don’t get to roleplay during recovery periods, effectively just jailing their character all together and not having the opportunity to roleplay within the hospital. I have personally seen EMS workers claim that they simply just don't want to recovery rp.
  • Communication. Recovery RP is just a mini jail with no bail system. Not only this, but this system has been proven to be extremely difficult to moderate not only from an OOC standpoint in making sure players are where they need to be and when they can leave, as well as making sure hospital workers are active in that area, but an IC standpoint as well in regards to having to have a backup character if you ever want your character to be injured.
  • The recoveryRP system feels more like a punishment than a roleplay opportunity.
  • I will be putting this next point the nicest way I possibly can; your relationships OOCly/ICly with EMS workers have a huge impact on whether or not you have the opportunity to recoveryrp. Meaning if you’re not friends with an EMS worker, chances are you just won’t be able to recoveryrp. And despite the EMS rule allowing the workers to pick and choose who they treat, it still isn’t fair when you’re given the option to roleplay out recovery but at the same time no one wants to come online and monitor it.
  • Lastly, I feel as if the recovery dates are absurd regardless if the system has proven to improve roleplay or not. That’s a personal opinion of mine.

Those points aside, fixing and refining the RecoveryRP system will allow more fluid hospital roleplay and give players more incentive to roleplay near the hospital. Removing the system all together will save the stress of moderation, being forced to change characters, stressing out over desperately trying not to be injured or having issues with your character at all because you’ll have to shelf your character for extended periods of time, and will also improve roleplay within the hospital. Personally, I tend to avoid the hospital, even crime clinic all together because I don’t want to have to shelf a character when I know there’s such a small window of time that I could remotely get to engage in recovery roleplay.

TLDR; The current recovery system is flawed and realistically unfair/stressful to the majority of the community, hence requesting for it to either have an overhaul or be completely removed.

(Please give players the opportunity to comment their opinions before reviewing)

Thanks guys :]

Last edited:

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
yeaah... it does feel like a prison. my char broke his ankle and then just. was stuck there..

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
I agree with everything here, i've seen the phrase ''I dont feel like doing recovery'' too many times, not just to me either

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
The recoveryRP system feels more like a punishment than a roleplay opportunity.
100% agree with this in particular, i've seen my friends talk about it the same as if their character had been arrested.
+1 !! The EMS system should absolutely work to be at it's best for all parties- and I think this is good part of accomplishing that.

Sashabelle

Level 34
sashabelle05
sashabelle05
Rich
IGN: oInfi
DATE: 8/4/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I will be suggesting two options possible in regards to the server’s current Hospital Recovery system.

The first point being to crack down on the current hospital recovery system and require EMS to be more active within allowing the playerbase the recovery roleplay they want more frequently. Methods to fix the system as followed:
  • Require a specific quota for EMS to reach in terms of allowing players to roleplay recovery along with their normal duties. These two things can be balanced out. If not a specific quota, then a more highly encouraged activity within the hospital.
  • Allow EMS workers to be more flexible with RecoveryRP, thus making them more inclined to roleplay with other players. Don’t force workers to have to remain in a room with the patient at all times. Perhaps workers can be at a nearby desk and monitor many patients at a time outside the recovery rooms, and players can push a button ICly if they need anything.
  • Apply better moderation to the system. As it stands hardly anyone is given the opportunity to roleplay recovery and they go straight to switching characters because no one will give the time of day to monitor their character.

The second point being giving players the option to recovery RP. Not in the respect that they HAVE to shelf their character, but if they want to come into the hospital to recovery RP they may. Players will not be forced to play a different character, however if they want to go through the recovery system they have the option.

The last point, if the first isn’t possible, is to completely abolish “Recovery RP”.
  • Under the next category will explain why this system was flawed to begin with and I personally think it should be removed all together.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

First I would like to address every issue with SRP’s current recovery system.

• No EMS worker wants to engage in recovery rp. As thrilling as the feature sounded when applied to the hospital, it turns out that the hospital workers, rightfully so, don’t want to sit and have to recovery rp with people. This negatively impacts the other party’s roleplay in the respect that they just don’t get to roleplay during recovery periods, effectively just jailing their character all together and not having the opportunity to roleplay within the hospital. I have personally seen EMS workers claim that they simply just don't want to recovery rp.
  • Communication. Recovery RP is just a mini jail with no bail system. Not only this, but this system has been proven to be extremely difficult to moderate not only from an OOC standpoint in making sure players are where they need to be and when they can leave, as well as making sure hospital workers are active in that area, but an IC standpoint as well in regards to having to have a backup character if you ever want your character to be injured.
  • The recoveryRP system feels more like a punishment than a roleplay opportunity.
  • I will be putting this next point the nicest way I possibly can; your relationships OOCly/ICly with EMS workers have a huge impact on whether or not you have the opportunity to recoveryrp. Meaning if you’re not friends with an EMS worker, chances are you just won’t be able to recoveryrp. And despite the EMS rule allowing the workers to pick and choose who they treat, it still isn’t fair when you’re given the option to roleplay out recovery but at the same time no one wants to come online and monitor it.
  • Lastly, I feel as if the recovery dates are absurd regardless if the system has proven to improve roleplay or not. That’s a personal opinion of mine.

Those points aside, fixing and refining the RecoveryRP system will allow more fluid hospital roleplay and give players more incentive to roleplay near the hospital. Removing the system all together will save the stress of moderation, being forced to change characters, stressing out over desperately trying not to be injured or having issues with your character at all because you’ll have to shelf your character for extended periods of time, and will also improve roleplay within the hospital. Personally, I tend to avoid the hospital, even crime clinic all together because I don’t want to have to shelf a character when I know there’s such a small window of time that I could remotely get to engage in recovery roleplay.

TLDR; The current recovery system is flawed and realistically unfair/stressful to the majority of the community, hence requesting for it to either have an overhaul or be completely removed.

(Please give players the opportunity to comment their opinions before reviewing)

Thanks guys :]
+1

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
The recoveryRP system feels more like a punishment than a roleplay opportunity.
+1
They should also add something like a garden.. Especially for things like when someone has just newly got a prosthetic or someone has just broken something that may affect how they move around for a little while (think like a severely broken leg with crutches). Adding a garden may add the "struggling" that one may have with different textures like walking through grass or wet, sticky mud (ew..)

JustJuiceHex

Level 89
JustJuiceHex
JustJuiceHex
Rich+

+1 Lobo Agrees

I do agree with the proposal, if it works out I don't mind sending my character for recovery :3

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
Recovery is already being reworked for those wondering

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
+1 ! When i was an ems I LOVED. and I MEAN LOVED. Playing uno with patients in recovery.

ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
+1 I'm scared to let my chars get injured cus I don't want em to go to bootleg jail

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion. As stated in this suggestion, Recovery is already being re-worked after the testing phase that has occurred since its introduction.
- In the meantime, any complaints you have regarding recovery can be sent directly to my DMs (@4lx.) to further improve this system while we work on it.

Users who are viewing this thread