OLD MAP OR NOW MAP?

• OLD MAP

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • NOW MAP

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters

Meliodos

Level 8
I just want to see who would vote for what but the old map is way better [LATE 2018-EARLY 2019 MAP]

Vote for which one you like better ! :)

Last edited:

Jacklay432

Level 2
Old map, by far. It had all the cool hideouts along with the forest walk, it kept SRP alive to be fair. If they just reverted everything back to late 2018 the server would blow up.

Jordau

Level 10
The past year has been like, so many changes that it makes the new map look almost unrecognizable.
From the old 11/7 to the old Hospital to even the old family store. Such nostalgia.
But, the new map has its advantages like its better locations for stores and buildings. People are no longer cooped up in one place, like they were when everyone hung out at either the family store or spawn. (now people hang out at the hospital, tree thing, stores, spawn, school entrance, event locations, etc.)
The spread of people makes it feel more like a busy city. (idk I kinda like that..)

suneater

Level 90
This is the map that was used late 2018 to early 19. .. . The map we’re using had been the same since like November of 2017

Meliodos

Level 8
@azurih

RoseRP

Level 46
Pretty sure when they mean by the old map - they're meaning the old look.
Personally If they brought back the forest walk I'd be happy.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
I do miss the little hide-y holes around the map, not sure if anyone remembers that one crypt thing in the old forest walk. It was a really neat place to hide out, and I miss the Kiyoura Cafe a lot. It had a really strong sense of community to it, whether we're talking about when it operated as a normal cafe or way back when it was gang territory.
With that being said, I do enjoy the new map as well! I like how the business park is being at least somewhat used as I always liked that area. It's nice that everyone's a little bit more spaced out, it makes the city feel bigger. But you don't quite get that same sense of communities, little cliques and whatnot scattered about between the 11/7, zen gardens and tunnel. The map changes have showed how the server has grown and changed itself, there's new shops and locations which are always nice to see.
(but by far I miss the zen gardens the most, they were super pretty and I always hung out in them.)

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
ok real arguement time i guess.

With each map brings a new identity for SRP as a whole

Map 1 was all about community, the buildings were pretty god damn awful and a lot of it was made by hand by duck or ryanark or was stolen from pmc or schematica. But people dont talk abotu that because the experience you had on SRP outweighed that, back then SRP was tiny, it had a stronger sense of community, i felt like i had at least heard of 90% of the players and at least 30% of them were my friends, there wasn't really MUCH drama then either, it was mostly just people roleplaying.

Map 2 introduces a current theme which is design, map 2 at the time was the most gorgeous and high quality thing we had ever seen, the school was amazing and they had all of these new 3D items for the first time. Map 2 however lost what Map 1 had; its sense of community died down a bit, definitely there though. Map 2 also introduced college and GangRP which are still quite big.

Map 3. It took previous concepts from Map 2 and then expanded on them all 10 fold, They made a better college and GangRP was at its highest. Map 3 was a time of massive drama from GangRP, it always seemed like someone was upset all the time whereas we didn't have that in Map 2. Map 3 had made SRP less simple. In Map 3 saw the first time shop owners became a thing, Map 3 introduced a more involved currency where players could become more business like in their endeavors to be the richest player. Map 3 also introduced Politics which died due to the way it worked and how it was utilised.

Map 3. 1/2 The renovated Map 2, it added all types of things like an active college base and right now has one of the biggest staff teams. A lot of the arguing has stopped and GangRP is evolving to become a lot more like how it was first intended to be like, without arguments. Map 3. 1/2 Added more to the currency scene, such as redoing cars to be better then before, added a new form of houses and allowing for custom items to be sold in shops allowing for the currency of players grow more.

I'd argue Map 1 and Map 3. 1/2 are the best maps by far. Map 1 gives me nostalgia and Map 3. 1/2 gives me hope for the future of SRP.

Totalore

Level 138
Map 1 was all about community, the buildings were pretty god damn awful and a lot of it was made by hand by duck or ryanark or was stolen from pmc or schematica. But people dont talk abotu that because the experience you had on SRP outweighed that, back then SRP was tiny, it had a stronger sense of community, i felt like i had at least heard of 90% of the players and at least 30% of them were my friends, there wasn't really MUCH drama then either, it was mostly just people roleplaying.
map 1 was downloaded from pmc or some other site and then they built on it afaik

but yeah i can agree with that, everyone pretty much knew everyone. whenever they had drama going around in roleplay, the people were actually having fun irl. map 1 was probably the worst map but the community was peaceful. Barely any drama icly that reverted to being irl, no gangrp to start that.

map 2 was a pretty big thing. i remember being on when we did the event to switch to the new map. everyone was ecstatic. we had a bigger school, the family store was the biggest thing then, and we actually got a daily allowance. gangrp didnt start until maybe a week or two after. people fought with pencils and their fists. there was two areas where pvp was enabled, stupid idea. one behind the family store, one in the dojo.

map 3 comes along. no plane event afaik. we had a bigger school, family store was gone i think. i wasnt on most of the time for this "generation" of the map so i dont know if they removed the family store at the start. i do remember you can apply for a shop before hand and get the shop after. the waterpark wasnt there, we had a KFC. gangrp was at it's peak.

i think thats about it. we have the now map. everyone knows about this map. gangrp slightly died a bit. we have a giant tree for the tree huggers.

i prefer this map and the 1st map. gangrp died down so i dont die every three seconds

Wubblie

Level 19
i miss the old map because there was so much nostalgia and i wish i could relive that now that it changed, but theres a lot of things on this map that i prefer over the old one (spartan household, hospital, forest, the way school is because it used to be dead af, i also like how this one has more japanese style-ish builds and the houses look so much better now, ect.), so its 50/50 for me. things were just different, not necessarily in a good way or a bad way

but i guess you cant really help but miss the 11/7, mcdonalds, cafes, ect. i have to admit

but if it was the old map with the spartan household, current houses, and all that stuff i think it would be fucking amazing . literally id cry L

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread