wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
IGN:
wet_h
DATE:
8/31/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

While this is generally a far-fetched idea, I believe it would be really great for the GangRP player base. Perhaps there should be added a place in the "IC Online" where criminals can have conversations as well as post their private news and communicate with other Criminals in Character. Essentially, a "Karakura Dark Web".
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This would be much better instead of searching around to find a criminal and begin speaking with them. (Likely getting scammed two seconds later). This would also be a place for Gangs and Criminal Organizations to post news between different criminals, as well as seeking alliances as well as carrying out "favors" for each other. While this is far-fetched and just an idea I had, rather than some important feedback that I have. I simply just believe that this would be quite a fun and interesting thing for Gang Role players and Criminals.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
What you're describing technically does exist under the name Ikigai, and it's meant to be the dark web for Karakura. Personally, I think a hidden thread for verified gang members to ICly get in contact with BMDs would be pretty cool. From what I know most of the time gangs post stuff and chat.

I do think it makes for an interesting dichotomy with the release of Onrain soon. Hopefully they can coexist.

(it's pretty easy to find the password, just run around the school)

Also, @Polar if you have anything to suggest to improve Ikigai you should totally do it.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
What you're describing technically does exist under the name Ikigai, and it's meant to be the dark web for Karakura. Personally, I think a hidden thread for verified gang members to ICly get in contact with BMDs would be pretty cool. From what I know most of the time gangs post stuff and chat.

I do think it makes for an interesting dichotomy with the release of Onrain soon. Hopefully they can coexist.

(it's pretty easy to find the password, just run around the school)

Also, @Polar if you have anything to suggest to improve Ikigai you should totally do it.
Delete it and bring something new, chatrooms on this server are absolutely terrible and useless

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
-1 / +1 (Against a new platform, Completely for a transition of ikigai to what it probably honestly should've been)

This already exists in the form of Ikigai as started by others -- however this is not a fair comparison as it kind of just acts as a mosh pit anything but gangrp.
I felt in the advertising of the original chatroom (that ikigai is just another, other unoriginal clone of) that it was very much marketed as being this illegal chatroom that was going to be the new best thing ever and it was going to be so cool and grimy and crime-eyyy.
However yes, it never lived up to it's potential due to the types of people who ran it not really being / having much to do with criminal rp.
I don't think any of their aspirations were spirited towards making it what I think a criminal hotspot should be
Good news is that Ikigai has just recently been claimed by the black market -- and is going to become a crime business which will probably(?) help transition it (so ikigai and onrain can co-exist and not cannibalise each other) into what I think we all hoped Ikigai would be (note that this is speculation).
I personally have a lot of ideas of what a rebooted crime-faction Ikigai would look like, so I too hope the new ikigai team molds Ikigai to fit better for the crime faction.
I think the staff response will be "REVIEWED. No, ikigai exists. Social media coming soon. Cope. You can join ikigai at: then a link to the thread" but I personally think that ikigai's future is heading in the direction this feedback would want. Maybe you'll just have to wait a little while longer for it.

Last edited:

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I realize that Ikigai exists, but I heavily dislike the fact that people on Ikigai are not allowed to utilize VPN’s to hide their identity, making the whole “conceal your identity” thing pointless when the IC admins of Ikigai can quite literally (and have in the past) leak who you are if they don’t like you.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
Neutral
Yes IKIGAI exists.
Its not the most PERFECT thing, frankly we are working everyday for the last week taking ideas and any other things.
IKIGAI was SUPPOSE to be more player ran rather than staff ran; we always wanted players to DM us for promoting their events and other things but NO ONE ever does, we welcome it and even had a channel dedicated to it but got rid of it because no player used it. The site was made to help gangRP in a sense people can flex their game activity there as well as help fuel drama ICly in rivalry and school reasons.

AGAIN, if you do have any suggestions for IKIGAI, my DMs for it are ALWAYS open. We cant guarantee anything but we prefer to work with the player base than not, sadly the player base never reaches out to us. This site WAS intended for it.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega

While ikigai is a thing right now, yes, creating a whole new platform would be a waste of time, in MY opinion, creating something similar to ikigai doesn't sound like the best idea, as it would and could quickly die out, as people are already used to using ikigai. The staff team is currently working on improving the site, and you are encouraged to submit event ideas to the admins in order to spice things up.
However, not EVERYONE is aware of said website, which is why things may appear a little slow in some areas, even though it is entertaining to use because it already functions as the dark web.

Last edited:

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I realize that Ikigai exists, but I heavily dislike the fact that people on Ikigai are not allowed to utilize VPN’s to hide their identity, making the whole “conceal your identity” thing pointless when the IC admins of Ikigai can quite literally (and have in the past) leak who you are if they don’t like you.
This

Users who are viewing this thread