Ryanark

Level 119
Ryanark
Ryanark
Rich+
IGN: Ryanark
DATE: 1st of September, 2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Online Staff Transparency:

It is always difficult for the average online player to distinguish between the staff and the regular player. A new player with zero connections or knowledge about the server would find the /help command to be hopeless without a staff member online. The veteran player even has to tackle the issue, and surely many experienced players would tell of their experiences in contacting online staff. Therefore, a simple resolve to dispel any confusion would be to add a simple command to list all online staff members - including those in and out of vanish.

By adding this command exactly as listed, it would help to dispel confusion about online or offline staff members. Typing a /help and getting no reply only leads players into a dead-end. Furthermore, additional transparency between players and staff members increases trust and confidence in the staff to do their work, as the last thing the player or the owner wants is staff members to be slacking off or being idle online. It should be obvious that if a staff member is online it also means they are ready to receive tickets and help players. Moreover, it would be helpful for the leadership to have players possibly report lazy staff members who refuse to do work despite being online, after all, it is as frustrating for both the staff and the patient player.

In summary, add a command that will list all online staff members, including those in and out of vanish. The list will be displayed in the chat; /stafflist

Additionally, it would be even more beneficial if the entire ticket system was reworked entirely. Something more similar to the FantasyRP ticket system would not only be more organized and easy to manage for the staff, but also as an ease-of-use for the player. Systems like this are mandatory for larger servers.
Please consider adding this feature as soon as possible.
If you as a player have anything to add, please reply to the thread. I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions.

Edit (9/02) -- If the tab menu is being revamped to show staff members clearly with their usernames, that is perfect. However, I still suggest adding this manual command to list all online staff.

Ryanark

Last edited:

slimester

Level 79
Pretty sure tab is supposed to be updated previewing all of the online staff members and whatnot, at least that's what I was informed on, but if it I'm wrong this would be a good idea

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
I completely agree with this suggestion- Allowing players to officially know when Staff are on can help the case of /help's being missed- Most players on SRP are used to the NPC Energy that staff most of the time give off in /help so most are used to spamming /help every minute or so to get someones attention. The excuses we can only give is that we are either a) sorting another issue out or b) we are roleplaying- Which is what I suggest players ALWAYS take into consideration.

I do know that we soon will be getting the same formatted TAB system that FantasyRP has currently, this should help out with the confusion of Staff being online- Along with that pressing a simple button (Tab button) and seeing who staff are with their exact IGN is much easier than a command system- Although I question now if it will only show our RPNames- which I suggest that should not be the case.

Im6

Level 184
ACCEPTED

- Thanks for the feedback - This task has been already assigned to a developer, a similar system to FRP with it's tab layout is planned to be used.​

Users who are viewing this thread