mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

only get 10 items back apon them vanishing? / glitching out...

IsNate

Level 10
oIsNate
oIsNate
Omega
IGN: IsNate

DATE: 21/12/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
there should be at least 20 items returned if enough and sufficient proof is shown. for example a video of it happening.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: To be honest, I just don't think it's fair at all. And there should be at least 20 because i put all my items in a chest before going into edit mode awhile back, just encase I lose all my stuff and cleared my apt. I expected my items to drop on the ground so I could pick them up and put them in a new chest, But they all poofed upon clearing it. So I ended up losing ALOT of stuff, like I got all my weps from the 10 item limit, but still lost a few mil in balis and cosmetics. They should add like if you can prove that its not all Glitched or wtv, you can get it all back. this will benefit the server because I have known a few people to rage leave the server and never come back and lose a lot of RP motivation because of a simple glitch.
[IMAGES IF ANY]

ImYourManMyles

Level 50
ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega
+1/-1, I think if you have enough proof this could work. The only thing is, I dont think they can just give you items if you dont have video proof of it.

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
+1 what Myles said, basically. It really depends on the situation and the rule should be a bit broader in the wide perspective, as recently a lot of lag spikes and crashes have happened - I'm sure at least one person has lost their inventory due to this dilemma.

JustJuiceHex

Level 90
JustJuiceHex
JustJuiceHex
Rich+
+1 A valid point. With enough sufficient evidence, all items could be returned or at least 3/4 of them. It could include personal customs and items that can't be easily obtained again.

It is not the player's fault that the system glitches out their items. Staff could simply monitor their actions and inspect their property chests and stalk their activity for 2 weeks or whenever they have any concerns about requests.

In most cases, it happens as an exceptional executive is misled by the developed plugin. Which is normal and faced in many games, not only in Minecraft.

Thus if staff cannot manage returning items, at least a conditional refund on an ICLY basis could be done.

thornelle

Level 6
+1 for sure!
I understand the worry of the players using this as a way to cheat and gain items they didn't have but if they did include enough proof I see no reason why not. This circumstance can be very frustrating so I think it'll help the players who need it.

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1

As someone who basically lost everything in chests, it is very annoying when you have a crap load of stuff and then end up getting ten items back. It's crazy how you can just lose probably so much worth of stuff from a glitch that we aren't aware of, and then only get 10 out of that entire thing back, given you show proof.

I understand how people can fake and edit it so yes, video would be a great idea. Limits should definitely be put in place, but 10 items is no where near enough items to regain my entire inventory.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
+1 / Already (somewhat) in place
Although there are guidelines for Admins to return items, it is up to the admin in question and the context to decide whether to return only 10 items or all of them. For example, if someone sends a video of their whole inventory before crashing and re-joining to see all of their items gnoe, then most if not all of their items will be returned (although there will be a background check for this in order to avoid duping)

Moreover, private custom items (excluding weapons) don't count for the 10-item rule, as there are logs of custom copies, making it virtually impossible to dupe them without our noticing

However, the guidelines are there because most of the time, people don't have videos and only screenshots of the items they're requesting, hence why we usually only return 10 of them

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
+1
someone could equally be lying whether 10 or 20 items are being returned, so like, give people's stuff back if they can indefinitely prove it's their's lol
(me personally, think this rule is pretty stupid anyways given the number of glitches that have straight-up wiped an entire person's inventory and the amount of mishaps I've heard of resulting in entire chests of stuff being lost, but, yknow, another time.)

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- This is currently at the Administrators discretion, they will not return items they deem to be junk/not worth respawning, e.g. water bottles, milk cartons​

Users who are viewing this thread