ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
IGN: ProblematicFinn
DATE: 05/09/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Giving the Karakura Website a fresh revamp and update so that the website is hopefully more active as well as more safe.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I feel that the onrain website should get an update and revampment as now that we have new owners and that to hopefully make the website more popular again before it's added to the game ICly. With this update I feel you should be able to post photos, which you already can, but as well as post some videos as well. Along with it there should be an easier way of finding people on the website like showing new joiners of the site as well as seeing friends of friends. All and all just give onrain a whole new look and revamp as well as make the site more safer for people as for some it says this is a unsafe website and caution.

callumㅤ

Level 50
Sentonium
Sentonium
Omega
+1, onrain has needed a massive update for quite some time now. the token for the website does need renewing which i’m sure could be done quite easily. onrain would be so much better if players used it more as well

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
+1 make it more useful like posting school events and news reports and such on it

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1 onrain my love
-please do it will be possible to change the name more than 3 times and make it a bit more fast

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1, I remember when Onrain was first released, it was prevalent. There were 100s of posts a day, and then when I came back to SRP, it was dead. This is sad because there is so much opportunity with social media like onrain ICly.

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
+1
The amount of potential for Onrain is undeniable. It's a brilliant concept and I can see it working out very well for multitudes of reasons if given a chance. Currently the website is almost entirely dead [as well as giving me a safety warning whenever I try to utilize it, which makes me particularly uneasy to log in the majority of the time.] The idea is already set in motion and present, so why not improve upon it? I can see it easily returning to be a tool for the playerbase, for storylines and whatnot.
I literally met one of my best friends because we were the only two particularly active people for a bit, there's potential.

Last edited:

florestia

Level 44
Community Team
Lore Team
florestia
florestia
Omega+
+1
PLEASE, I have literally been talking about this so much with some of my friends, I remember when OnRain first launched and how popular it was, I know that in the list of SRP updates, they are implementing it in the phone ICly but it'd be great to see a re-vamp or have it be active again!
#MakeOnRainAliveAgain

ZaciZach

Level 27
zacizach
zacizach
Rich+
+1
Let me post wholesome pictures of my character growing up over the years icly thanks
Jokes aside I think this opens up more opportunities for our character(s) to develop, especially now, and just seems like a really fun thing to do so yea!

Kurusu

Level 22
_Kurusu_
_Kurusu_
Rich+
+1 onrain can be really useful if revamped and used correctly I honestly thing that if inside of making onrain as a website and make it like a ic feature in srp wheather its a command or phone or app or whatever the staff wants to do it can really be fun to use since then our characters can share our live story or even the news can be published in onrain icly and all our characters will have knowledge of all the news and big events happening in karakura I feel like as that would be a good way to reimplement onrain if you gonna do it icly ingame.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
It requires a decent amount of effort to create something nice to post to social media, and it's a bother to go through it for a fictional block character.
Conceptually, Onrain could have been a fun platform to expand your character's activity ICly, but it ultimately ended up being more effort than it was worth.

Instead of having a website, a discord server would work magnitudes better; it's been proven with Kamige and its successors, discord is a much easier place to talk and share information in real-time ICly without being on the server. It costs no money to start and uphold a discord server, and I'm sure there are plenty of ways to replicate a social media with one.

Cowronics

Level 0
IGN: ProblematicFinn
DATE: 05/09/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Giving the Karakura Website a fresh revamp and update so that the website is hopefully more active as well as more safe.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I feel that the onrain website should get an update and revampment as now that we have new owners and that to hopefully make the website more popular again before it's added to the game ICly. With this update I feel you should be able to post photos, which you already can, but as well as post some videos as well. Along with it there should be an easier way of finding people on the website like showing new joiners of the site as well as seeing friends of friends. All and all just give onrain a whole new look and revamp as well as make the site more safer for people as for some it says this is a unsafe website and caution.
+1
I agree! It may keep younger like children safe from harm and the older people too and I think it does need a revamp

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
It requires a decent amount of effort to create something nice to post to social media, and it's a bother to go through it for a fictional block character.
Conceptually, Onrain could have been a fun platform to expand your character's activity ICly, but it ultimately ended up being more effort than it was worth.

Instead of having a website, a discord server would work magnitudes better; it's been proven with Kamige and its successors, discord is a much easier place to talk and share information in real-time ICly without being on the server. It costs no money to start and uphold a discord server, and I'm sure there are plenty of ways to replicate a social media with one.
Then what what will happen to the current thing that is being paid to stay up still? I mean if they are going to keep it running, and bring it ICly into the server might as well do a revamp.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1 Honestly, I don't know whos idea making it a 'facebook' clone, but holy heck was that stupid

It's a roleplay server, played by a bunch of teenagers who don't use facebook, no wonder it didn't catch on - most people don't even know how the layout worked.

If it was a instagram clone then it would've worked much better in my opinion, honestly the 'social media' idea was a really good premise it was just executed poorly. It's a massive undertaking but the server is profitable and SRP rarely gets new features for all the custom model donations we receive.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted

After discussing this with the team we have decided to accept this. We'll work on something in the near future after we have completed all of the important updates to the server itself. For more information click here.

Users who are viewing this thread