mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

OOC and Metagaming on the SchoolRP server.

amamyo

Level 62
OOC, Out Of Character, a nice break every 2 minutes from the intensity of roleplay to socialize as yourselves, not as some fictional character. And yet, people can ruin OOC for all of us. How? Metagamers. Now, most people that are new to the SchoolRP server have no clue what Metagaming is, and that is the biggest purpose of this thread, to explain to newcomers what Metagaming is.

METAGAMING

(No, this is not a picture of me or anyone related to me.)

The Basics: You hate Metagamers, I hate Metagamers, nobody likes Metagamers. So why are there so many of them? Well, 1: I get a hunch that most people do not read the rules, or do not understand what Metagaming is, even if they have read the rules. For those who do not understand what Metagaming is,
Metagaming is
When players use OOC for IC purposes, (IC: In Character, OOC: Out Of Character.) such as: "Hey Girl, come meet me at the dojo!" Or, "PARTY at the house across the dojo!" and other remarks such as that. But I need to find my friend IC! How do I find them!? Well, if you can, contact them in a different way, such as texting, tweeting, snapchatting, instagramming, and messaging on skype, discord, or teamspeak. If all else fails, just look around for them.
Consequences of Metagaming: Metagaming occurs at least three times every day, and I mean every day. And there are seemingly no consequences. I mean, people call you names, etc. but nothing like a ban, or a serious warning from an admin or teacher. We need to make these consequences harsher, maybe they get 1 warning and then it is a jail (If an admin is online).

How to help stop Metagaming: REPORT IT. Seriously. Report it. You know why? If we all reported Metagaming instead of just saying: "Metagamer!!" We screenshot it and report it, the ban requests section would be about 100 pages long.

So those are the basics of Metagaming and OOC on SchoolRP.
Have fun out there and don't Metagame or else
we will kill your friends and family and eat your soul.

Last edited:

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
So much as this is a good post, the rules are like the law. they are mandatory to follow but some lawbreakers break then and the people can't do anything to stop them. However, a public outcry for justice is not going to do anything. that's why there a people who stop this kind of stuff [the staff team]. so it just best to leave it to the best and not to use your time on a post that most people who will break the rules, won't convince them to not do it. Other than that, I think you should just not bother with those who can't read the rules because they clearly are uneducated teens who can't read. so.
Well I met someone on the server who just joined and I told her what metagaming was and now she never does it, anyway my point is that people are possible of great things if you are ready to tell them about it.

Lofken

Level 145
So much as this is a good post, the rules are like the law. they are mandatory to follow but some law breakers break then and the people cant do anything to stop them. However, a public outcry for justice is not going to do anything. that's why there a people who stop this kind of stuff [the staff team]. so it's just best to leave it to the best and not to use your time on a post that most people who will break the rules, won't convince them to not do it. Other than that, i think you should just not bother with those who cant read the rules because, they clearly are uneducated teens who can't read. so.
I agree

Hazel

Level 43
I disagree because Amy is trying to help. There are many metagamers, and this thread is actually quite helpful. If I read this a few months ago, I'd find it extremely helpful. Amy took time to make this thread, if I was you I wouldn't be as negative as you are now. In fact, you should be grateful that someone is doing your job for you. Honestly, sometimes "Uneducated teens who can't read" do a better job of telling people the rules then you do. Just my opinion, no hate bro.
-Hazel:blank:

Lofken

Level 145
I disagree because Amy is trying to help. There are many metagamers, and this thread is actually quite helpful. If I read this a few months ago, I'd find it extremely helpful. Amy took time to make this thread, if I was you I wouldn't be as negative as you are now. In fact, you should be grateful that someone is doing your job for you. Honestly, sometimes "Uneducated teens who can't read" do a better job of telling people the rules then you do. Just my opinion, no hate bro.
-Hazel:blank:
What are you talking about?. I just agreed with valky with a sentence.....

Jexica

Level 28
I agree metagaming is annoying
But the new players may not have read the rules because they are not extremely accessible on the server - they're inside the school building. Pehaps move them or something?

amamyo

Level 62
I agree metagaming is annoying
But the new players may not have read the rules because they are not extremely accessible on the server - they're inside the school building. Pehaps move them or something?
Not a bad idea. Maybe as soon as a new player joins, have them tp'd to a room where they read the rules before going on to the roleplay map.

Users who are viewing this thread