players online

OOC blacklist

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
+10000
the amount of times i got called 'Mommy' in OOC while I was staff made me physically uncomfortable and people only did it bc they knew it made me uncomfortable
plz. some people don't deserve the right to speak in OOC

gatekeeper

Level 10
totalmisplay
totalmisplay
Rich
+1
absolutely!! a warn isn't enough, zip their mouths (or keyboards)
and oooohhhh my god. may be unrelated but, when someone asks a genuine question or just, asks anything in general,

"your mom"

may be overreacting because it technically isn't warnable and i am very petty but it doesn't answer anything, it's stupid and it's not funny, it makes the person feel not taken seriously. if you don't want to answer then shut up
sometimes these aren't even questions, they're just people talking normally

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
+1 W suggestion. I keep OOC off because of some things said

AdventureApollo

Level 5
AdventureApollo
AdventureApollo
Fundraiser+
Just give mods the ability to temp mute people in OOC and keep allowing them to freely hand out warnings

Ban them if they say anything really bad. A person deserves a ban if they can't control themselves in OOC mediums

Shadonk

Level 13
Shadonky
Shadonky
Omega
+10000
the amount of times i got called 'Mommy' in OOC while I was staff made me physically uncomfortable and people only did it bc they knew it made me uncomfortable
+1000000 !!!!
I have also experienced some weird stuff like this. Please make it stop >:T

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Just give mods the ability to temp mute people in OOC and keep allowing them to freely hand out warnings

Ban them if they say anything really bad. A person deserves a ban if they can't control themselves in OOC mediums
that's essentially the whole point of this post, temp/blacklisting people from ooc

Lizalopod

Level 130
+10000
Please. They keep trying to 'rizz' on us in ooc I hate it.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
+1
A punishment that lines up with the offense? Sounds like a great idea. It'll get the point across while also temporary eliminating the chances they'll do it again. OOC has some crazy discussions (referring to the innocent funny parts) and it'll suck to not be apart of it.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
Please. They keep trying to 'rizz' on us in ooc I hate it.
its the most uncomfortable thing in the world and they think its so funny. take me back to when everyone thought I was a man, at least I was left alone

cant forget when they did smash or pass in OOC with the staff team, I wanted to DIE

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
+10000
+1

Many players can't have basic respect toward women on SRP, it's uncomfortable and disgusting. But that's just extra info for this thread. Please let's add a mute for OOC

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
IGN:
nylu

DATE:
12/16/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Introduce an OOC blacklist.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Okay, now hear me out before you complain. I think we've all had our fair share of OOC moments where people say out-of-pocket things and get warned/banned for it. However, I've noticed that the same people always come back and do it again. Even so, there are times when some things aren't deemed 'warnable' even though it makes a vast majority of players uncomfortable and they happen often. So, how can this be dealt with?

Introducing an OOC blacklist will grant mods+ permission to blacklist people from typing in OOC. Instead of only just warning them, they would have yet another temporary punishment to add on. A warning + a temporary blacklist. Additionally, if a staff member feels that it should not be temporary because of repeated offenses, they can permanently blacklist players from using it.

This will also contribute toward dealing with unnecessary /OOC comments and toxicity! Rude comments and using the excuse 'well.. toughen up' should not be accepted at all. Yes, some do lead to warns, but for the ones that don't, it feels extremely inappropriate for them to say such rude/nasty things and get away with it because it isn't deemed warnable.​
+1, but I'd also like to raise a counter. Instead, give players the ability to blacklist certain players from THEIR oocs, it's like that in many other games (and I believe, I've seen it on Minecraft once, but chat in general), and I'm not 100% sure if it's possible. Still, if it could be done, I feel that'd be the better solution.

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
I agree with players being able to mute each other client side

Or the staff thats muting ppl should be admin+.... pls.

Users who are viewing this thread