mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

OOC blacklist

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I guarantee I at least somewhat contributed to this post being created through my haha ecks dee quirky long OOC rants, and let the record show, I feel remorse for not a single word. (this makes me an omega based chad and not an unfunny soy chugger)

Anyway, when this suggestion is accepted staff should just save time at the start so they don't have to add me to the blacklist later. IGNs are Alimonino, philbertman42, epic_macaroni12, and bald_eagle1776.

Acroy

Level 28
+1 I love this idea, if someone is blacklisted from OOC maybe they'll learn their lesson and it'll teach a lesson to others not to say sussy things in OOC

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1
This can just act as a /warning or a /mute (yes, a global mute that makes it so you can't type at all.) Make it extreme because, the only people who should be getting warned/muted for this type of thing are weird, or know they are doing something they shouldn't be.

Mallow

Level 4
SoftestMallow
SoftestMallow
Rich
IGN:
nylu

DATE:
12/16/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Introduce an OOC blacklist.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Okay, now hear me out before you complain. I think we've all had our fair share of OOC moments where people say out-of-pocket things and get warned/banned for it. However, I've noticed that the same people always come back and do it again. Even so, there are times when some things aren't deemed 'warnable' even though it makes a vast majority of players uncomfortable and they happen often. So, how can this be dealt with?

Introducing an OOC blacklist will grant mods+ permission to blacklist people from typing in OOC. Instead of only just warning them, they would have yet another temporary punishment to add on. A warning + a temporary blacklist. Additionally, if a staff member feels that it should not be temporary because of repeated offenses, they can permanently blacklist players from using it.

This will also contribute toward dealing with unnecessary /OOC comments and toxicity! Rude comments and using the excuse 'well.. toughen up' should not be accepted at all. Yes, some do lead to warns, but for the ones that don't, it feels extremely inappropriate for them to say such rude/nasty things and get away with it because it isn't deemed warnable.​
+ 1

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
Huge +1
There are a lot of weird people in OOC that sometimes make weird and out of place comments, making others uncomfortable. This would be so beneficial in many ways.
So basically what you're saying is add /mute

...+1
/mute is a global server mute, and the addition of /mute would prevent others from rping as well, and I think that's not the main goal of this suggestion.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Make it extreme because, the only people who should be getting warned/muted for this type of thing are weird, or know they are doing something they shouldn't be.
/mute, as Suu said, would prevent people from rping if they were muted as a whole. This is much more detrimental than you think. Not only does it interfere with their own rp, but it does with others as well. People will have a hard time understanding why someone is not speaking to them (especially in combat situations), school faculty will hand out detentions because they can't get the muted individual's input anymore, and cops will not be able to ask much out of the people they question/detain/arrest. There are many other examples but I'll assume you get the gist.

I do believe that some people make mistakes and they don't deserve a punishment that far as well. Either way, if enough blacklists have occurred (I'd say at least 3), it'd be a permanent blacklist unless appealed

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
I agree with players being able to mute each other client side

Or the staff thats muting ppl should be admin+.... pls.
It can go both ways though I think it'd be fairly difficult to do with the current plugin and it's unnecessary to force players to manually blacklist people when staff can blacklist them for everyone.

+, I believe it shouldn't be just admin+. There are 8 moderators (10-12 if Kimi wishes to finish reviewing applications) and 6 admins. All admins currently lead other factions and don't typically have tons of time to be on SRP 24/7- opposed to the moderators who (the majority of at least) don't lead factions. They'd be the ones with more free time to deal with them.

Going back to what I said about warnings, if someone were warned for something inappropriate in OOC, mods can warn + temp blacklist them for a set amount of time.

Dot

Level 1
Exsel
Exsel
Notable
nah let people say what they want honestly, if you got a problem with the people turn it off, as simple as that.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
if you got a problem with the people turn it off, as simple as that.
Yeahhhhh no.

What I refuse to see is the excuse "well.. you can turn off OOC so no need to fret!"

I, like many others, like seeing OOC as we all have friends and see funny jokes in there. However, sometimes, people say things that are outright weird (like sexual assault which has been pointed out IMMENSELY). It's not a case of 'just ignore it' because ignoring it is a band-aid solution that doesn't cover the full wound.

A lot of SRP's community have this thing where they believe that saying hateful/nasty things is simply okay because people can ignore them as if they were exercising 'free speech'. Well, news flash, yes it is freedom of speech. No, it is not freedom of consequence. If you don't like the consequences that can follow, then it may not be something you should be saying at all.

may cause some problems
If you don't mind me asking, problems such as?

Users who are viewing this thread