mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

OOC Rule for all Professional Roles

Should Teachers, or otherwise Professional 'Applied For' roles be allowed to F2B with Students.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chinoike

Level 0
IGN: Chinoike (I have alts, but this is the name I am going under for this suggestion, please respect it)
DATE: 1/16/21

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
My suggestion is that all professional roles that are applied for on the server i.e; Police Officers, Hospital Staff, Teachers & All other Employees. I will be focusing solely on the teachers here just because it proves more important since the other factions seem to have their applied members in check when dealing with this matter. Those who spend most of their time around students and are icly working for and within the confinements of the school a majority of their time, are surprisingly permitted to f2b anyone they wish. They should not be permitted to give in, or purposefully simulate /it f2b's fully aka "going all the way" aka "sexual intercourse" with an underling of the school; aka any student of age. Why? Because no one wants to have their favorite teacher or school staff overly sexualized solely for the purpose of undignified or glorified bragging rights. I do not think they should receive OOC punishment for it if they did or had in the past, but rather it becomes immediately avoided without exception or further questions anyone who says otherwise on the matter ignored for the fact that it'd simply be a rule within the faction, it's almost a rule within the other factions more or less, or you simply just don't see it happening or not as much as it does within this one, yes it's a problem and no you can't make the excuse that it's something that rarely happens, maybe not within other factions as much, but this one it does and you cannot argue that fact.

Teachers and School Employee are essentially students before they even become in rights to their role, how do you explain their relationships with their past students? You can't, it should be automatically voided, but it takes two to agree. What if the other person did not want to agree to void an earlier relationship or fling? It shouldn't be held over the person's head, especially when it was something they did before they got their role. It makes for a very messy & repugnant display that does not encourage positivity within or around the faction itself, rather you can look down upon them for this and I can't find it to be acceptable in any way that I think about it; You aren't immediately receiving anything icly from it, nor at all for taking it there. This is something that I believe to be repulsive, not just in roleplay, but because it is something that happens in real life and it should not be practiced here in roleplay. At the best they could be permitted to do the small things that lead up to it so that they can still receive roster warn, and potentially be fired from the job for the without-saying bad mishap, however, to take it all the way is offensive and slightly revolting.

This suggestion will apply to the more professional roles that are granted on the server. Sure it's been around for a while and has been disallowed and allowed back many times within certain factions, but have you not asked the question why is this a thing we allow for those that are upkeeping the more important and professional roles, especially teachers and school employees? This is a dilemma that is very much real and happens in real-life schools, sure, but definitely not to this unrealistic rate & extent that every other supposed to be a "professional" teacher or school employee is indulging in. I'm sure people come here to escape the reality they are forced to face and experience, not unlikely that something like this could have happened at someone's school once, maybe twice, but not this much, and it's sort of sickening. You cannot make the excuse here that it contributes to roleplay in any way, shape, or form because it does not. It's good for glorified bragging rights icly solely, but that could be achieved without the f2b. Most of the good teachers I know simply wouldn't do or encourage the behavior icly to begin with, and honestly hats off to those people, because they are encouraging a good, professional, and serious teacher to student roleplay environment, despite the ones that aren't by actively doing it.

Look how stupid this sounds, Not to brag but my own character, alone, has encouraged the behavior of f2b'ing with school staff and has successfully performed these acts multiple times with many of the school employees you know and love, (It's also true, but it's not very cool to brag, nor does it provide anything useful.) Where does it end or stop? To answer my own question, It simply doesn't if this is not put into effect and we'll continue to have teachers ready to perform full-on acts of crime upon their own students after teaching a long and hard day to them. Let them do whatever with a student when they are adult, gives them more of a reason to want to be an adult so they can do it and not having the role so they can do it during, but do not let them as any of the faculty roles that upkeep the server's main theme, school. Come on now, I shouldn't even have to be suggesting this, I'm embarrassed to be doing so on my own.

Sure, you could ignore it and not think about it and keep it as is, but why would you after I brought up these very valid and real points, just shedding light on it as I'm sure others have brought this up to people, more so icly, but definitely oocly as well. I couldn't have been the only one to think it not okay for roleplay. Nothing is being lost from this, disallowing full-on f2b's with the faculty and applied for city roles, excluding adult. For faculty even without the f2b bit can still be something they can do if they so choose to get themselves in trouble if caught kissing on a student, but not all the way with the /it, not that. It doesn't encourage them to stick to other faculty or city members as their primary source for relationships. Sure, you could make the case that it rarely happens, but I alone disproved that by my own multiple incursions. I'm sure easily enough others alone could do it as well if they so pleased, didn't take me much after all when some seem rather incompetent to how important professionalism is with their applied/accepted and given role. Sure, they could still do things if they wanted, but not to the full extent as previously, but nothing is wrong with that, even laying your hands upon someone else in the act of romantical is seen as illegal and grounds for the same treatment they did before, and I believe that is enough and that the line should be drawn there. If you do not agree with me that is fine, I do not mind confrontation, leave your negative or positive opinions below if you so wish it. I'm not replying to anything nor do I care if this gets accepted or not, I know I'm right, you should look within to find the answer and limit it sooner rather than later.

To put in simpler terms, disallow f2b's on students from any professional role, ESPECIALLY teachers & school employees that play such a big part in the school, have any big romanticism voided when they become into their role, not only for the fact that it'd make no sense, time-wise. You can't be 18 then suddenly be 25, and had something happen years ago with a student, wouldn't be of age for that, to begin with, and it'd not add up timeline-wise. You are not losing anything from doing this, but gaining a more positive and brighter faction, students can actually feel like they can receive the help they need from the without questioned more trusted adults within the roles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread