mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Oosy_'s Sociology Teacher Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oosy_

Level 1
IGN (In Game Name): Oosy_
Previous bans: 1 (PowerRp - When the new map started I forgot what I could and couldn't do such as you were not allowed to be a wolf. However I learnt my lesson from it.)

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I understand.

Describe your activity on the server:

I am active most of the time, yet I do take breaks in-between roleplaying.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?

Unfortunately, I don't. But I do have Skype, that is the only source I have if wishing to speak.

Do you have a microphone?

I do not have a headset 'cause my last one broke, so for the meanwhile I use my phone.

List your current and past applications:

This will be my first.

What is your motivation for applying?:

My motivation for applying would be to be able to help other students to further their roleplay and my own with the experience. Also I feel like I could help out with the teachers activity on the server and try to start more lessons for students who want to roleplay with actual lessons being held. Furthermore, the more classes being held the more students will enjoy the server.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Have you read
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Have you read
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
Yes, I took time aside to read both through, completely.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
I would first ask a senior teacher if it was okay to go through with the trip, then if so I would then create a forum about the trip - explaining details of where it will be, when and what the lesson play would be.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
No student shall speak unless spoken to or granted to speak (by using "/me Raises hand.")
2. All students shall try to participate in any on-going activities in the classroom.
3. All students shall be seated unless told other wise by a teacher
4. Any major disruption of the lesson, then I would set an essay of the current lesson and asked to be handed in next lesson as homework - if not completed in the lesson. (As well, if the student has not completed then will be set a detention after school hours).

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
I don't have any teaching experience's, but from an observational point of view I completely understand how the teacher should act in a classroom - to students and to fellow teachers. As well, most of the current teachers give the server a realistic feeling to the roleplay.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee (Trainee)
Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes and I understand the requirements of teaching and role-playing as a teacher. As well, it helped me understand the systems of actions on good or bad behaviour.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
I think current teachers do an excellent job at keeping the school role-play feeling alive. However if some had planned a lesson the day before it would give role-players (students) more chances of gaining an actual role-play experience. (Especially when new people join and are not sure how the role-play goes).

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
I understand that teachers are there to serve knowledge (even in-game and real) and they also try their very best to help students to get as far as they want in life. One thing I know for sure is when teachers get spare time they start to plan their next lesson so they know what to do. Teachers are also given a fair salary considering on how well they treat their job and how they acted upon their lesson or around school.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Teachers give the server a more realistic feeling so without teachers there will just be people walking around a map doing hardly anything. Also what would the point be on having a server about a school role-play if there were no teachers at had to role-play.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
~
Trainee - A soon to become teacher who learns how to become a teacher by observing a class/lesson.
~Newly Qualified Teacher - This position is the next step up from trainee, with this you can now experience your own classes, but only with the permission of the Head of Department.
~Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills - This position is your regular teacher and can now perform classes freely, but ensure with other teachers you will be teaching at that time. Also to make sure you cover the main elements of the lesson within that time.
~Head of Department - HD is hard to obtain and HD's are responsible for making sure teachers follow the CoC and they set up lesson plans.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The planning system runs on the Must have, Should have, Could have system.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she look like? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?
My character is slightly strict while in lesson but most of the time she is laid back and has no problems that have stuck with her. She will only get mad if student are disrespectful such as: talking back, making a mess of the classroom or generally being disruptive. All she really wants is for her students to feel comfortable in her lessons and around her. The character herself is Korean and has learn how to speak English throughout her years of teaching and her backstory. My character will be able to get along with students and teachers with no problem. Some of the time you will find her in her classroom planning or around other teachers outside of school. The main fact is she doesn't work for the money, she just enjoys the environment around her from both teachers and students. Finally her plan for the future is to help any student she can get what they want out of life.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Give them a warning and explain to them that if they continued their behaviour in that manner then there would be consequences to their actions. If the same teacher caught them a second time she would give them a detention because she had warned them the first time she caught them. Yet if it continued she would explain to the principal about their poor behaviour to see what he could do about them.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I would sit down and spot who is the main distraction of the class, then would shout to the whole class exclaiming that if anyone else was to disrupt she would set them a detention.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
My character would discuss a current lesson they just taught with other teachers or discuss the next lesson plan if she already had one planned in advance. Yet if everyone was busy she would sit down and start to plan her next lesson so she would be fully prepared.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Hands out test/homework to the students.
/me Explains instructions to the students for the second time so they understood.
/me Writes "Miss Yu" on the board so any new students would know her name.
/me Starts take the register for the class.
/me Waits patiently for students to finish their work/test.

BACKSTORY

/* Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended. Make sure this is over 300 words. Remove this comment after posting.*/
Mina Soo mi Cassidy was born April 16, 1996 in Busan, South Korea living with both Korean parents. She didn't have much growing up because her family couldn't afford much. From a young age she decided she would always want to help others get what they want in life and help them get through their obstacles. When she grew older her parents had to move to Japan because a relative had a place for them to stay, yet she didn't want to leave her friends because she always thought they would need her. However upon moving there it gave her a better chance at education and she met new friends along the way, they helped her with learning to speak English. Once she graduated from high school she moved on to studying sociology in college and university in hopes she would become a teacher some day. With all the struggle she went through she managed to get her Bachelor's Degree and since then she's always focused on educating students.

IN CHARACTER
(
Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Mina Soo mi Yu
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Mina or Yu
Preferred Name:
From teachers: Mina or Miss Yu
From students: Miss Yu

Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Korean
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details