Koolji

Level 21
[OOC section]
In Game Name

Orioe (Alt of MlXS)

School Employee Role you are Applying For
Teaching Assistant

How often do you log onto the server?
Before recent, pretty often. I've been off lately in order to deal with a few personal items and to figure out what to do on SchoolRp.

Do you have discord?
Mhm, i'm active on the SchoolRP Chat as well.

Do you have a microphone?
Yes and no. I have a mic, but it is faulty.

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?
I have been banned before for a mistake on my end. I mistakenly advertised a private server when I had wished to post a Lenny face in accordance to witticism made in looc.

Can you ensure that you will often come on
Yes? I've been on for quite a while now so I'm unsure on how to answer this.

Do you recognize that you can be ICly fired?
Of course.
In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee
Based on what I know in the real world and what I've seen in the server, a Teaching Assistant's role is to . . well, assist within a classroom setting. However, this is not the only thing they would be required to do. A Teaching Assistant, albeit not an official teacher, would still hold influence over the students and should be able to guide the students alongside the other faculty towards what would be deemed as a better future. They should also participate in correcting foul attitudes of students whilst providing input in the system they are involved in, being the school's workings.

Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?
Yes? I have experience in a lot of things, not limited to this server.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?
I'd like to think that I have skill in role-play. Besides that, I'm aware of all the contributing factors to making roleplay fun, including proper character reaction and development.

Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it
I'm familiar with what my job does and I summed it up in the query above. If you are asking something else of me, please specify.

[Situations]

During a workshift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?
Respect their opinion, ignore their recalcitrant attitude for the time being until my character is able to report it to someone able to issue a detention for disruption and misdemeanor whilst taking solace in the fact they're still a free-loading teenager who most likely reaps off of their parents' gains.

You are doing a hazardous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?
Depends on what it is and what my character considers to be a hazard. They would however make sure that such was legal before going ahead to do their job if it was.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?
Instruct them to cease with their foolery and if they should begin to place a student or another individual at risk of injury, restrain them with force in order to prevent them from placing another into harm following a call to law enforcement.

[IC section]
Applicant Name:
Jiang Wei
Chosen Job: Teaching Assistant

Motivation for Joining YHS: I've been around for a while and I've noticed that majority of instructors and faculty nowadays lack real .. passion. Perhaps only an opinion, but it feels as if we are placing the futures of our children within the hands of automated individuals. People who would simply wish to do their job rather than truly educate someone else in what to do. I want to be able to present an opportunity for students to be able to truly connect with their instructors whilst assisting and providing recommendations/suggestions to my future peers in order to better not only their teaching career, but the school setting as well.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?
My skills are versatile and not only confined to talking and following simple orders. I have a minor in Psychology along with the fact I have assisted in tutoring students and helped with other instructors in the past, a student of which I have tutored currently attends this facility. I am able to truly connect with a student and assist with personal issues alongside educational issues as a student's personal life directly connects with how they perform in class. I understand it's not mandatory but I feel as if teachers nowadays would not go that extra mile in order to assist, as I have stated before. Not only do I have skill but I look forward to learning as well, as I am not perfect and I am aware that there may be better methods in order to assist. I am also aware that other applicants may have more skill or potential, however what good is that potential if it does not allow the students to reach theirs? I want to be able to rise above my peers in the ability to affect a student, alongside with what assistance I would wish to bring to my peers as well. That, is why I should be accepted over all other applicants.

Last edited:

Lofken

Level 145
Accepted
Congratulations! you got the job.
Make sure to PM me if you would like to still be with this job.

Users who are viewing this thread