cuddlesmeow

Level 99
cuddlesyou
cuddlesyou
Omega+
IGN: cuddlesmeow
DATE: June 4
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Add parking fees system and parking pay stations where players can buy extra parking time and have it added to their IGN to avoid getting a ticket.

Example: Go to the nearest parking station, and right click it, and a menu will appear from which you can choose to extend your parking time. The parking fee is ¥250 per hour, and you can pay for more than one hour at a time, simply pay and go.

And for the police, you check the IGN of the car by shift right click and see if they have enough parking time with a new command that allow you to check if they have enough time, for instance /parking IGN, if they don't, you write them a ¥5000 ticket and send them a text message to their phone and have them pay it at the police station.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

It will add a nice touch to CarRP, aside from giving police something to do when they get bored.

Lizalopod

Level 130
I forgot to mention that /qav callback will be removed.
Again, at the moment this just isn't needed

We would need to force all cars to either exist all the time and not be inventory based, or develop some kind of garage system. Not to mention the additional lag of hundreds of parked car entities that would exist. We'd need to completely redo the way that cars are stored for this to not absolutely lag out the server

TwerkingJesusRP2

Level 54
TwerkingJesusRP
TwerkingJesusRP
Omega+
-1 as stated /qav callback is a option. It isnt needed But also think about people accidently disconnecting or crashing while driving their car glitches and stays there cannot be removed by themselve. They would need staff to get it removed. It would be unfair if a glitch causes them to need to pay a parking fee.

Classicalist

Level 86
LozzyOzzy
LozzyOzzy
Omega
I understand how this would be a good idea, But everyone is scared of losing their cars. People rarely even leave them out so it would have to be a -1 from me

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
Really unfortunate how the other individuals have put down this suggestion. It really is a cool idea, /qav callback is not going anywhere, it is a command that can possibly save your vehicle from glitches. It is an essential command so long as cars are a part of this server. I do tend to agree with the others that this parking fee system is not really needed, it does take time to create and implement. Also usually comes with a price tag, therefore I do not think it is a suggestion that should be implemented.

EnderBubs

Level 57

Though I think it’s a nice concept, there are a few flaws I feel. For one, as others have mentioned, /qav callback is a big aspect into cars and vehicles. I mean when it comes to me using my cards and vehicles the only time I leave them out and not repick them up is when I know I’m gonna hop back in them in just a moment or if I need my police bike out and ready in case of a chase. And most people are the same. Most people use the command to pick up there vehicles so that they don’t glitch/forget them later on

The other flaw is glitched cars. Even with qav callback cars and bikes can get glitched and stuck in a single spot. I mean for the longest time for example a police car and like 2 other cars were outside of powerplant. Though there owners got it back, the item itself glitched. Because of this what if it happened when someone was in this parking spot? We would have no way to tell if it’s a glitched vehicle or not and the person could keep getting a ticket and keep losing money for something they can’t fix really

Though again I like the concept and I agree it would and could add some form of CarRP, those two flaws are just two large holes in the idea that I feel prevent it from really being a useful and used plugin/feture

Jay.

Level 12
jayharu
jayharu
Fundraiser+
[-1]
Sorry but I really don't think this is needed, along with the server lag and the fact that it probably wont even be used because of the following reasons:
- Not many people have cars
- The people that do have cars store them in their inventory
And implementing this system may cause glitches and loopholes as to where to park your car if you do think about it (this is minecraft, the entities may glitch)

xcqu

Level 8
xcqu
xcqu
Rich

Its a good concept but I have to agree with everyone else, its not needed right now as well as it needing to work around the server for it to fully be compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread