Yonio

Level 330
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: YonioTheNacho
What's the title of your suggestion?: Parole Trials & Executions

What's your suggestion?:
My suggestion is to re-introduce the old execution trials to provide more roleplay possibilities to characters that don't get to interact anymore after their character has been jailed for life with no bail. If I remember correctly, they were removed because of their violent nature alongside the well-deserved "nerf" of KPS and Glocks.

Nonetheless, there have been cases where people have been arrested for life without the possibility of being released. In these cases, it'd be convenient to offer the player the possibility of roleplaying out their execution trial to possibly defend their own case. To fix all of these issues, I have come up with an idea

PAROLE TRIALS
If someone has been arrested for life with no bail, a trial will be automatically logged for the Town Hall to review. These trials intend to provide a deeper insight into what crimes the felon has committed and reduce / worsen the punishment that they must face.

The format for these trials is the following:

PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Arresting Officer's RPName & IGN:
- Arresting Officer's Discord:
- Arresting Officer's Phone Number:
- Inmate's RPName & IGN:
- Inmate's Discord:

SENTENCE INFORMATION
- Inmate's sentence:
- Arrest ID:
- Date of Arrest:
- Inmate's Plea:
- Brief Description:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Evidence (if any):
- Additional Info:

These trials will be private due to the possibility of them breaking out. Once the log has been filed, the town will start scheduling their parole trial with all involved members. Following the system of most other trials, the police department will try to emphasize the crimes that the felon has committed to achieve the highest punishment possible.

Moreover, the denomination of these trials will be more positive, as there's a chance for their life sentence to be turned into bailable depending on the circumstances (which is what the inmate's lawyer will try to achieve).

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This will provide more roleplay possibilities for the town faction and the police department, as well as for the GangRP community with a roleplay-based interaction that'll give a deeper insight into the criminal's mind.

Popo

Level 58
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
It's definitely an interesting form of roleplay that needs to be reinstated. However, death sentences are a delicate topic— and should only be executed if reasonable enough which is something that may need to be supervised by the town hall lead. Death sentences are usually passed in cases of multiple murders, although there have been some extremely grave cases where individuals who committed a single murder have been sentenced to death and executed, such as those involving torture, extreme brutality or kidnapping with a demand for ransom.

+1

Infi

Level 142
Government Lead
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
-1 for execution trials, +1 for parole trials

Kinyuun

Level 22
Kinyuun
Kinyuun
Omega+
100% agree with the idea of parole, execution through the law seems a bit harsh considering how delicate of a topic it is.

Aania

Level 177
Administrator
News Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
-1 on executions.
Bit of a darker topic for this server. So not quite appropriate. If people want executions I'm sure a gangrper would be thrilled to do so.

+++1 on parole though, I really do like the idea of incorporating it. Especially if it's for characters that have been well thought out roleplayed with.

MinisterFudge

Level 25
Community Team
Event Team
MinisterFudge
MinisterFudge
Notable
+1 to Parole Trials in principle. But I have reservations

-1 with the suggestion that

"These trials will be private due to the possibility of them breaking out"
If you mean that the trials would be 'private' in that no members of the public can see it as normal, that it is a closed court.
If so, that suggestion should be rejected.
For three reasons:

• You could simply make a rule OOCly eliminating the possibility of them breaking out in this specific context under discussion (whatever that is?) rather than a policy of making the trials private. By all means, allow 'break-outs' in whatever context that is acceptable, that's not the concern I'm expressing: rather, it just seems unusual to me to not let people see the trial happen to 'prevent the possibility' under discussion when you can just make a rule to do this: a rule seems preferable and more enjoyable as... WELL, more people are exposed to the trial / the RP, right? It's unclear when these parole trials would be private and what purpose this would serve that could not just be resolved by a rule.
  • 'Private trials' here are at risk of being interpreted as convenient shorthand for secret trials or a closed court in a way that would violate the principle of Open Justice and this just makes the Karakura Government look oppressive and nightmarish. Courts that respect Open Justice are only ever 'closed' to the public for very specific reasons and "well, they might break out and run out of the courtroom" is not one of them.
  • I have a quote from Jeremy Bentham that I'm putting below because I like being pretentious
Publicity is the very soul of justice. It is the keenest spur to exertion, and the surest of all guards against improbity. It keeps the judge himself, while trying, under trial

-1 to death penalty reintroduction

I am aware what is being suggested is for people to ELECT to be sentenced to death and this is very, very different from allowing Karakura's court to decide your character shall die independently (regardless of whether you agree to it OOCly) but it's still... it'd likely have some pretty serious IC consequences if the Government just starts killing people AGAIN after deciding to stop doing that. Also, the reasons Aania stated above: it's just a bit dark innit?

The death penalty was in the Constitution and was removed.
I always found it was just a bit too on the nose to have Article 1 of the Constitution read:

"As a citizen of Karakura your human rights will never be infringed upon! ❀^w^❀"
only for Article 16 (no longer in force) to read:
"If any person is sentenced to die by the court ... or on executive order (?!?!), they have the inalienable right to a painless, humane death... \_ʘᴗʘ_/ xoxo"

Last edited:

kustomzero

Level 143
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
  • You could simply make a rule OOCly eliminating the possibility of them breaking out rather than a policy of making the trials private. It seems unusual to me to not let people see the trial happen to 'prevent the possibility' when you can just make a rule to do this: a rule seems preferable and more enjoyable as... WELL, more people are exposed to the trial / the RP, right?
Making this an OOC rule wouldn’t be necessary. If this was a rule you’d be taking away rp opportunities, thrill, chaos, and drama. Not all trials will be private if that’s what you’re thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread