mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Parole Trials & Executions

Ruin

Level 117
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
+1 to everything, even death trial, because you can still get killed in GangRP. If we were to be going for a non-violent server, then GangRP would've been removed.

Heres my opinion on escaping though:
Dont make it a rule or dont make it private, make it public and allow escaping.
Think about the situtations that may happen, during the trials, imagine the gang of the person being tried hearing about it and making a plan in an attempt to rescue them. Of course this could also be done by talking with the event team but I think this would be really cool if KPD were to be somehow overwhelmed by the amount of people there is and (going by the rules) group of people crowbar opened the doors and helped their fellow gang member escape.

I'm all up for Gang members doing things that are actually risky and I think people should do more "mini-event" type of things on their own if they can, for example, Alex Koji and Dameji Hostage situtation.

Mo!

Level 16
Helper
sunsetskies_
sunsetskies_
Omega+
+1 On parols, gives nice roleplay opinions for criminals, KPD and Town. I personally would love to see this develop and giving felons or misdemeanours criminals a second chance, but also on a note to try and help them avoid it again.

-1 On execution, it was removed due to not being used often due to the rareity of the case but also because of how brutal the system was. While I understand some deserve it, that isn't something that should be brought onto a roleplay server again.

Squidjees

Level 106
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
Making this an OOC rule wouldn’t be necessary. If this was a rule you’d be taking away rp opportunities, thrill, chaos, and drama. Not all trials will be private if that’s what you’re thinking.
gotta stay open to courthouse drama :D

__SnowStorm

Level 17
What's your Minecraft Username?: YonioTheNacho
What's the title of your suggestion?: Parole Trials & Executions

What's your suggestion?:
My suggestion is to re-introduce the old execution trials to provide more roleplay possibilities to characters that don't get to interact anymore after their character has been jailed for life with no bail. If I remember correctly, they were removed because of their violent nature alongside the well-deserved "nerf" of KPS and Glocks.

Nonetheless, there have been cases where people have been arrested for life without the possibility of being released. In these cases, it'd be convenient to offer the player the possibility of roleplaying out their execution trial to possibly defend their own case. To fix all of these issues, I have come up with an idea

PAROLE TRIALS
If someone has been arrested for life with no bail, a trial will be automatically logged for the Town Hall to review. These trials intend to provide a deeper insight into what crimes the felon has committed and reduce / worsen the punishment that they must face.

The format for these trials is the following:

PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Arresting Officer's RPName & IGN:
- Arresting Officer's Discord:
- Arresting Officer's Phone Number:
- Inmate's RPName & IGN:
- Inmate's Discord:

SENTENCE INFORMATION
- Inmate's sentence:
- Arrest ID:
- Date of Arrest:
- Inmate's Plea:
- Brief Description:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Evidence (if any):
- Additional Info:

These trials will be private due to the possibility of them breaking out. Once the log has been filed, the town will start scheduling their parole trial with all involved members. Following the system of most other trials, the police department will try to emphasize the crimes that the felon has committed to achieve the highest punishment possible.

Moreover, the denomination of these trials will be more positive, as there's a chance for their life sentence to be turned into bailable depending on the circumstances (which is what the inmate's lawyer will try to achieve).

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This will provide more roleplay possibilities for the town faction and the police department, as well as for the GangRP community with a roleplay-based interaction that'll give a deeper insight into the criminal's mind.
Public executions when?

-kam

Level 103
kamcold
kamcold
Notable
+1 to the idea of parole. makes rp alot more like involved and delved into.

-1 however to the execution stuff as its js not necessary nor appropriate in modern SRP

KimiNoUso

Level 346
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread