Level 1
Xentrier
Xentrier
Rich
IGN: Xentrier
DATE: 12/9/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Students with a part-time job

Adults can find a job and make money, whereas students are unable to do so.
Despite the fact that staying active on the server or selling items in the auction house can generate money.
It is, however, still not enjoyable.
If I'm not mistaken, the ages at which people can work are around 25 and up.
Students in high school (15+) and college (17+ or 18+) will be able to work part-time and earn money.

Though I am aware that many of them do not participate in those activities for the enjoyment of it, but rather for the purpose of making money.
The part-time job application should be similar to the others, but not overly lengthy.

When it comes to those who are looking for a way to make money,

Part-time employees should be present every now and then, and if they do not work well, they should be fired if they are absent on their shift for more than 1-2 hours?
I'm not very good at keeping track of time.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This will provide an opportunity to learn about and experience what it is like to be able to work.
After all, part-time jobs are difficult to maintain and necessitate a variety of techniques. It could also be a benefit for them when they reach "adulthood," as they will be able to apply their knowledge and, most likely, find work.) Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable

Idea is too broad and as someone who is [18][Grade-12] and work around 4 IC part time jobs, I find it fair as it already is. I have been playing on this server for a year now and let me tell you how patience really plays a big part in the server. I recommend just joining the shop discords and keeping an eye out on job openings because I'm aware that some are looking to hire soon but something that I should also note, the shops that I currently work in, there are barely any adults and most of them are IC students. Rewards come to those who are patient. Anyone can work as long as they meet a shops requirements or you can just apply to a server role and become an adult yourself.

Xentrier

Level 1
Xentrier
Xentrier
Rich

Idea is too broad and as someone who is [18][Grade-12] and work around 4 IC part time jobs, I find it fair as it already is. I have been playing on this server for a year now and let me tell you how patience really plays a big part in the server. I recommend just joining the shop discords and keeping an eye out on job openings because I'm aware that some are looking to hire soon but something that I should also note, the shops that I currently work in, there are barely any adults and most of them are IC students. Rewards come to those who are patient. Anyone can work as long as they meet a shops requirements or you can just apply to a server role and become an adult yourself.
I completely understand; patience is, without a doubt, the key. You may have been on the server for over a year and I have only been there for a short time, but rewards do not always come in that way despite being patient, and prior to job openings I'm pretty sure you will always need an application form understanding on what you are applying for, but what about the 15+? I'm pretty sure you need a bit of understanding to be able to apply for the actual job or am I wrong? And as for becoming an “adult” itself it may be fair as it is. Though, for a part time not much needs actual experience or any experience at all. The point really is for people who do not have experience they will be able to gain knowledge by doing a part-time job and be able to use the knowledge in getting a much serious job, and as you mentioned not a lot of “Adults” are there working but the 18+ IC students I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Xentrier

Level 1
Xentrier
Xentrier
Rich
I'm not going to lie, I enjoy talking like this. I'm not fighting for it; I'm simply trying it out and seeing what people think about this suggestion.

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
As a shopkeeper I'm saying bro, work for shops.

NOTE: Maybe it will be fair to make a limit for players to work for shops.

Last edited:

Lizalopod

Level 130
While yes its easy to argue to simply work in a shop, I feel like more part time job variety would be pretty cool!

+1

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
-1. I hire pretty much anybody as long as they have a good enough application and there time zone lines up.

Last edited:

Hirathex

Level 266
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
It’s pretty much just working for normal shops with extra steps, highschool students can already apply for player owned stores when the owner decides to open applications so I feel like this would be a bit unnecessary.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
Asleepaholic
Asleepaholic
Fundraiser+
Student part time jobs are shops just as people with adult tags have that same opportunity. I don’t mind the idea but it depends on the type of part time job you’re trying to see because ultimately part time jobs could be shops. Some shop owners are just stingy and don’t hire everyone or anyone or maybe you just miss out on when they’re hiring.

Xentrier

Level 1
Xentrier
Xentrier
Rich
It’s pretty much just working for normal shops with extra steps, highschool students can already apply for player owned stores when the owner decides to open applications so I feel like this would be a bit unnecessary.
It may be that way, but not many individuals would want to apply for player-owned stores since they would rather do something else that they are passionate about. This is essentially my opinion, as I work part-time in real life (at a very young age).

Xentrier

Level 1
Xentrier
Xentrier
Rich
-1. I hire pretty much anybody as long as they have a good enough application and there time zone lines up.
That is completely understandable, though I do not believe that many people would want to work in player-owned businesses.

Xentrier

Level 1
Xentrier
Xentrier
Rich
Student part time jobs are shops just as people with adult tags have that same opportunity. I don’t mind the idea but it depends on the type of part time job you’re trying to see because ultimately part time jobs could be shops. Some shop owners are just stingy and don’t hire everyone or anyone or maybe you just miss out on when they’re hiring.
The main difference is that they will be able to get knowledge and utilize it to obtain a lot more serious profession (if possible) rather than positions in shops. I don't think many people want to work in player-owned businesses. I appreciate your input as well.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
Asleepaholic
Asleepaholic
Fundraiser+
The main difference is that they will be able to get knowledge and utilize it to obtain a lot more serious profession (if possible) rather than positions in shops. I don't think many people want to work in player-owned businesses. I appreciate your input as well.
But you haven’t said any examples of said professions. What kind of part time jobs are you thinking of because realistically most part time jobs available for students would be in a grocery store, cafe, restaurant, etc.. I’m not exactly sure what could you possibly want part time jobs to be? You mentioned adults being able to have them or something when in all honesty all business related things are pretty much player ran. If you want part time jobs for students you might as well throw the concept of shops away and replace it with a plugin to provide those jobs because then it’s like why would you want to work in a shop if you can get more money working the job. Player owned businesses allow for more roleplay opportunities with the rest of the community because that’s just the kind of server it is. So again I would like to know what kind of part time jobs do you have in mind

znia

Level 38
znia
znia
Rich

i'm not going to drag this out, a lot of people have similar points but

1. no examples of jobs
2. students can work in shops
3. internships

anders

Level 12
diskou
diskou
Omega
it's pretty difficult to argue in favour of additional part-time jobs for students. they all have the option to work in shops, much like how teenage part-time jobs are now. having students work part time at the hospital or with the government is highly unrealistic outside of a college internship setting. there just don't seem to be any practical examples of part-time jobs outside of player operated shops.

Naishoten

Level 40
Naishoten
Naishoten
Omega
Neutral +1 / -1

While it would be cool for the people who don't really line up with the availability of player ran shops, this may take a toll on the amount of people that choose to work in a player ran shop. I think there is opportunity to get really creative with this idea, I'm just not so certain it is gonna work out.

ActionNL

Level 20
ActionNL
ActionNL
Notable
1+

Nah Bro I Completely Agree With You Like The Shopkeepers Hardly Let People Apply To Work At There Shop so like I say def wish to see somethin like that get added I would love that! <3

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
1+

Nah Bro I Completely Agree With You Like The Shopkeepers Hardly Let People Apply To Work At There Shop so like I say def wish to see somethin like that get added I would love that! <3
Two points:
- Some shops don't like gangrpers/criminals, I don't really need to explain this
- Shopkeepers have certain criteria that they have to ensure that their workers are fit for the position, just make a good application

IGN: Xentrier
DATE: 12/9/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Students with a part-time job

Adults can find a job and make money, whereas students are unable to do so.
Despite the fact that staying active on the server or selling items in the auction house can generate money.
It is, however, still not enjoyable.
If I'm not mistaken, the ages at which people can work are around 25 and up.
Students in high school (15+) and college (17+ or 18+) will be able to work part-time and earn money.

Though I am aware that many of them do not participate in those activities for the enjoyment of it, but rather for the purpose of making money.
The part-time job application should be similar to the others, but not overly lengthy.

When it comes to those who are looking for a way to make money,

Part-time employees should be present every now and then, and if they do not work well, they should be fired if they are absent on their shift for more than 1-2 hours?
I'm not very good at keeping track of time.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This will provide an opportunity to learn about and experience what it is like to be able to work.
After all, part-time jobs are difficult to maintain and necessitate a variety of techniques. It could also be a benefit for them when they reach "adulthood," as they will be able to apply their knowledge and, most likely, find work.) Thank you for your time.
Working in a shop as a student is the equivalent of a part-time job. Plus NPC ran shops could most likely be boring/not unique

Xentrier

Level 1
Xentrier
Xentrier
Rich
I haven't even read this and I like it. However, this is kinda already a thing if I know what you're saying. People in grade 12 can get a job at one of the shops in the shopping districts. I do however think there should be more ways, as I had to literally commit crimes in order to get rich after 6 of my applications were denied. It does work, however.
Prior to crimes, can you help me with that? I literally do not know what to do or how to get in I really want to get in. I am in the Discord server but I still do not understand. My Discord is Lucisious#1814

Users who are viewing this thread