cuddlesyou
cuddlesyou
Omega+
IGN: I prefer not to say
DATE: 10/01/6969
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Bring back /party commands
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

If you've been on the server for a while you might remember /party command that I think should be returned. It was great to have as it allows you to teleport and chat with anyone in your party which can really improve your experience fr fr. use /party invite <username> to invite people to your party and /pchat to chat, its just like /ooc but only members of ur party will be able to see. Also you can use /party tphere or /party tp to teleport to any party members, however, I recommend adding /tpaccept or an accept button before teleporting to prevent abusing the tp command. What’s your thoughts on this suggestion?

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

This is a roleplay server, if you want to talk to people either use F Msg, Discord, or /looc. I do not agree to the whole 'teleport accept/deny' whole system on SRP. On other servers sure, but not a roleplay server like SRP

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
-1 No need for the party command. Just like DarkEclipic said you can use F msg, Discord (via dms or VC) or even /looc. There is other alternatives that can save time rather than bringing back that command.

elliot<3

Level 59
st4rl0v3r
st4rl0v3r
Omega+
-1 this feels oddly like a feature they have on a certain other online game, yet their game isn't RP-based..

In general no, already said before with DarkEclipic

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
why would you need tp on a school roleplay server

bitches boutta be tping in and out of gangrp situations i swear

also just use f msg
whats wrong with f msg
or discord gcs
just use discord

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Good idea, bad implementation. Here's how I would do it:

A party would be a group of people in-game that can freely speak to one another OOCly, regardless of where they are on the map. This command would run through the /friend system, meaning you would only be able to add friends to your party. A simple way to put this is that it would be /f message for groups.

This system would not introduce any avenues for metagame that don't already exist (such as discord, /f message, etc). There is no way we can prevent people from metagaming; however, I believe that while the possibility of metagame is present, people will likely avoid doing so in this chat, as they run the risk of staff watching over it. If anything, the risk of metagame hardly increases from where it currently stands.

This is worth implementing, as sometimes groups of players do need to interact with one another OOCly, but using the OOC channels may expose either sensitive or private IC information. Yes, you could use Discord or /f message anybody who needs to know individually, but the idea is that we implement this as to improve the quality of life for players. Also, it's important to take into account the fact that not every SRP player uses Discord.

Note, teleportation is strictly limited on the server because it is far too abusable. Allowing players to freely teleport basically anywhere around the map would introduce numerous issues, most notably, getting themselves into / out of IC situations they realistically wouldn't have been able to, such as gang conflicts.

SIMPL3Z

Level 100
Community Team
Lore Team
-1, everything said perviously

also this isn't hypixel. And adding a TP into a roleplay server..? I can only imagine that'd go bad

vix

Level 23
twothousands
twothousands
Notable
Good idea, bad implementation. Here's how I would do it:

A party would be a group of people in-game that can freely speak to one another OOCly, regardless of where they are on the map. This command would run through the /friend system, meaning you would only be able to add friends to your party. A simple way to put this is that it would be /f message for groups.

This system would not introduce any avenues for metagame that don't already exist (such as discord, /f message, etc). There is no way we can prevent people from metagaming; however, I believe that while the possibility of metagame is present, people will likely avoid doing so in this chat, as they run the risk of staff watching over it. If anything, the risk of metagame hardly increases from where it currently stands.

This is worth implementing, as sometimes groups of players do need to interact with one another OOCly, but using the OOC channels may expose either sensitive or private IC information. Yes, you could use Discord or /f message anybody who needs to know individually, but the idea is that we implement this as to improve the quality of life for players. Also, it's important to take into account the fact that not every SRP player uses Discord.

Note, teleportation is strictly limited on the server because it is far too abusable. Allowing players to freely teleport basically anywhere around the map would introduce numerous issues, most notably, getting themselves into / out of IC situations they realistically wouldn't have been able to, such as gang conflicts.
basically this . -1 on the tp feature, no tps lelz

draculary

Level 46
Authorization Team
draculary
draculary
Omega
it’d definitely be used wrong even with reports, plus what everyone else said -1

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Better to eliminate a lot of the issues this would cause upfront than implement a potentially VERY abusable system.

JustJuiceHex

Level 89
JustJuiceHex
JustJuiceHex
Rich+

Not a thoroughly viewed suggestion, a lot of gaps and as far as read earlier commentary this will more of create chaos for srp than fun.

However, idea does sound coolio.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- This was never a feature, and sadly never will be​