Not open for further replies.

Half_Wolf_Kas

Level 25
IGN (In Game Name): GhostKas
Previous bans: None.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I do.

Describe your activity on the server:
It varies; I’d estimate that I am usually on for 3-5 hours, more or less.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?:
Yes.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

List your current and past applications:

School Nurse Assistant (Accepted)
http://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/school-nurse-assistant.58/

What is your motivation for applying?:
I have always loved the idea of getting up and performing on stage, and have done it before. I am a loyal player and have been active on the server, almost every day, for about 7 months or so. In that time, SchoolRP has had many teachers and employees and I was once one of them, actually; I was the School Nurse Assistant, but was promoted to the main School Nurse, due to the first one being resigned. I was the nurse for about 4 months but had resigned from my position about two to three months ago, due to being a bit busy with some real life personal problems as well as an overload of school work. These dilemmas have been dealt with and I am back to a mainly free schedule, with the exception of a few activities now and then. But, now that I am back onto the server with an abundance of free time, I’ve decided that I wanted to apply for the Performing Arts instructor, due to the lack of teachers.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?: Yes, of course.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
Teacher wise, I haven’t had much experience besides giving my real life friends advice in theatre. In general, I have had many experiences with acting and performing arts. I participate in theatre, choir, band (percussion), 3D art and 2D art; my life is essentially revolved performing arts.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

Trainee | (Trainee)
Newly Qualified Teacher | (NQT)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills | (QTLS)
Head of Department | (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?:

Yes, I have, and I completely understand it.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?:
I would most likely give teachers the power to put disruptive students into detention. Yes, we would be able to punish the scholar in other ways, but detentions are primarily the quickest and most effective way to do so, in my opinion.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are here to guide their scholars to success. They try their best to prepare the students for the real world and mentor them to independence.

The salary of a drama/performing arts teacher falls in the range of $70,000 to $100,000 a year. For the server a school teacher tends to get paid 250000 yen.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:

Teachers are one of the central things to a school roleplay server. You can’t have a school without the teachers, either. They keep the RP realistic and pleasurable.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Trainee (Trainee): As a Trainee, you are able to be a spectator to a class and may assist the teacher at times. This will get you used to being in a teaching environment and give you a better idea of what you will do as a teacher.

Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT): At this point in time, you now have the power to run a classroom with the given “okay” from the HD as well as the lesson plans.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS): As a QTLS, you are now a proper teacher and may teach a class at any time in school working hours.

Head of Department (HD): The HD is the Head of Department, which is the head of a certain subject. Their job is to plan lessons for that department and train the NQTs as well as the Trainees. HD is the highest teacher rank you can get.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The school works on the MoSCo system (Must have, Should Have, Could Have).

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Miss Kas has lengthy caramel-colored hair with medium-sized bangs that hang off to the side, she is dainty and stands at about 5’8, with deep blue eyes and beautiful, young skin that is well taken care of. Miss Kas has a modern type of style and typically wears boots, skinny jeans, an oversized sweater and sometimes a scarf. Kas tends to stand out due to her daring and spunky personality, but still, she can be considerate and mellow. Every student means so much to Kas and she believes that each one of them should be taught about the good in the world. In the future, Kas plans to keep on making people smile, which is one of the most important things to her. She wants to open up a theater and write plays, as well.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I would make sure I was calm and collected. I then would politely ask the students to stop and tell them the consequences they would face if they were to keep behaving poorly. If they kept up the bad attitude, I would then write them a detention slip and warn them that if they were to be caught cursing again, they would be sent to the principal.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?

I would walk up to the miniature stage and start to count down from five, loudly, attempting to get their attention. If the commotion didn’t stop after the five seconds, I would then take a heavy prop and drop it onto the floor. Whoever decided to keep running their mouth would be disciplined with the appropriate punishment.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?

She would sit at a seat with her coffee and discuss her lesson plans with the fellow teachers. You would see Kas socializing with just about everyone, as well.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me steps up onto the stage and demonstrates how to properly act out a death.

/me hands scripts to a few students in the classroom while explaining what the skit is about.

/me takes a dragon mask out of the box and hands it to *Student Name*, knowing that he/she has improved greatly in their acting.

/me applauds the group act and looks over her notes, thinking about what they could improve upon.

/me points out three students and asks them to come up onto the stage and perform an improv act.

BACKSTORY

Kas was born into a wealthy family in France as an only child. Their mother, Trinity Vevron, was a lovely lady who cared for her child very much. Joemel, their father, was a successful businessman who didn't really pay attention to his family; of course he was grateful to have a nice family and everything but he never really had any time to participate in family activities or be there for them due to him being caught up with work. Kas didn't let Jomel's schedule let her childhood go to waste, though. She wanted to learn more about life and she wanted to perform; and she wouldn't take "no" for an answer. When she was around ten years old, Kas would beg her mother for hours on end to let her perform in a play at a theater downtown. She didn't know what play she wanted to be in, but she knew that it would be exciting with lots of adventure, mystery and drama. Eventually, Trinity gave in and accepted the request; they looked up some of the plays that the theater was hosting and found the perfect one: Blood, Beauty and Belle. Kas performed in the play and absolutely loved it, she wanted to do lots more with acting and that’s when she realized what she wanted to do when she grew up.

Kas had always been told that Japan was a gorgeous place to visit and by the time she was eighteen, she had already moved there and started school there. She went to the University of Shinotaktatsu Teaching and got a Performing Arts degree, as well. After Kas graduated in 2012, she began to look for substitute jobs to start off with. She substituted at many different high schools such as Wakkanai High, Kitami Hokuto High, Otaru Choryo High, and more. She had gotten her first job as a Choir teacher at Engaru High School, but she didn’t stay there for long. She had left the school almost a year after starting due to the low payment that she had been getting. She finally found Taketatsu High School in January of 2017 and is now waiting to see if her Performing Arts application is accepted or denied…

IN CHARACTER

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Kassandra Vevron
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Kas
Preferred Name: For students, I’d prefer Miss Kas, but for adults they may call me Kas.

Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: French
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 3

Academic Degree: University of Shinotaktatsu Teaching, as well as a Performing Arts degree.

Year of Graduation: High School: 2009, University: 2012
Major(s): Music, Theatre
Minors: Math

Native Languages: French and English
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: None
Preferred Teaching Subject: Performing Arts

Additional notes about your application (if any): Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread