Permissions suggestion

SapouT

Level 21
IGN: SapouT
DATE: 25/6/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Blunt force to grant major permissions
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
As most of us have seen, in most major perms scenarios someone gets knocked with the use of blunt force and then majored. And the issue is that we cannot avoid it. So i believe as it also makes sense icly that upon somone using blunt force to knock you out you should be granted major assault perms to defend urself from blunt force. I believe that majors shouldnt only be used as a form of revenge as it gets boring to always have to lose once to win after. In this way people that give major perms to someone by knocking them for example will have the chance to defend themselves succesfully against blunt force. Also I think this addition will help people be more reallistic with their majors as many times they wont be able to fully knock and remove alimb and will just use a deadly weapon to disarm/stop their enemy from using the blunt force. In addition i I think that it is an icly reasonable response to use a stronger weapon against a bat for example. In this way, people will also be more considerate about using blunt force because right now bats are used for everything even in unreallistic scenarios to effectively knock someone. Lastly, with the addition of this rule, gangrp will be more engaging and fun as people will be able to give perms more and actually have a chance of getting perms back in the end and defeating someone without just having to outrun their attackers to avoid a major

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
no, i personally don't think i'd take a bat to the head in the middle of a small fight and say "ok im gonna cut this dude's arm off so he cant ever use it again"
let's make permissions HARDER to obtain and instead focus on IC reasoning instead of perms

SapouT

Level 21
no, i personally don't think i'd take a bat to the head in the middle of a small fight and say "ok im gonna cut this dude's arm off so he cant ever use it again"
let's make permissions HARDER to obtain and instead focus on IC reasoning instead of perms
A bat to the head isnt something that should happen in a small fight and thats why people will be more discouraged to use it in small fights. I know it may not seem like much in srp but reallistically a metallic bat is able to kill/cause extreme damage to someone. Also i am against making permissions hard to obtain as much as possible. Perms should always be reasonable and not just rare and hard to obtain so that everyone can have an enjoyable gangrp experience and not a dry unreasonable gangrp. In this way players will have more risks to take with possible higher rewards so it will be more fun to have more possible outcomes from gangrp rather than ko>ppl chase with bats>camp for a week/get majored as it is rn

SapouT

Level 21
I agree with the ic reasoning part, and thats why i almost never remove limbs myself. If you ask me the best thing to do would be to need strong ic mottive confirmed by staff to remove limbs otherwise players could just either shallow stab their enemies or use majoring in a defensive way like i suggested against bats. But as i mentioned a bat to the head is a very serious attack that shouldnt be used in small fights unless the person using such force is aiming to escalateto more serious roleplay and more dangerous roleplay. A simple jock fight doesnt really involve a big and heavy metallic object capable of cracking a skull and break legs like its nth

Lizalopod

Level 130
This tbh

EnderBubs

Level 57
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Blunt force to grant major permissions
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: As most of us have seen, in most major perms scenarios someone gets knocked with the use of blunt force and then majored. And the issue is that we cannot avoid it. So i believe as it also makes sense icly that upon somone using blunt force to knock you out you should be granted major assault perms to defend urself from blunt force. I believe that majors shouldnt only be used as a form of revenge as it gets boring to always have to lose once to win after. In this way people that give major perms to someone by knocking them for example will have the chance to defend themselves succesfully against blunt force. Also I think this addition will help people be more reallistic with their majors as many times they wont be able to fully knock and remove alimb and will just use a deadly weapon to disarm/stop their enemy from using the blunt force. In addition i I think that it is an icly reasonable response to use a stronger weapon against a bat for example. In this way, people will also be more considerate about using blunt force because right now bats are used for everything even in unreallistic scenarios to effectively knock someone. Lastly, with the addition of this rule, gangrp will be more engaging and fun as people will be able to give perms more and actually have a chance of getting perms back in the end and defeating someone without just having to outrun their attackers to avoid a major

Though I don’t think it’s a bad idea, this would just make it so majors are way to easy to be obtained. Sadly now a days practicly every gangrp relays on there metal bat to fight. I rarely see fist fights now a days because people use/carry metal bats on them. Because of this, majors would be way to easy to be obtained

Overall it’s not a bad idea but with how many people sadly relay on bats to win now a days instead of a fist on fist fight majors would be WAY to easy to be obtained, as well as as ghost said icly it’s dumb that if you got hit a metal bat ONCE you would remove someone’s entire arm

Lazeas

Level 47
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Blunt force to grant major permissions
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: As most of us have seen, in most major perms scenarios someone gets knocked with the use of blunt force and then majored. And the issue is that we cannot avoid it. So i believe as it also makes sense icly that upon somone using blunt force to knock you out you should be granted major assault perms to defend urself from blunt force. I believe that majors shouldnt only be used as a form of revenge as it gets boring to always have to lose once to win after. In this way people that give major perms to someone by knocking them for example will have the chance to defend themselves succesfully against blunt force. Also I think this addition will help people be more reallistic with their majors as many times they wont be able to fully knock and remove alimb and will just use a deadly weapon to disarm/stop their enemy from using the blunt force. In addition i I think that it is an icly reasonable response to use a stronger weapon against a bat for example. In this way, people will also be more considerate about using blunt force because right now bats are used for everything even in unreallistic scenarios to effectively knock someone. Lastly, with the addition of this rule, gangrp will be more engaging and fun as people will be able to give perms more and actually have a chance of getting perms back in the end and defeating someone without just having to outrun their attackers to avoid a major
Koing someone shouldn't even give permissions to cut their arm off in the first place

Lizalopod

Level 130
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: As most of us have seen, in most major perms scenarios someone gets knocked with the use of blunt force and then majored. And the issue is that we cannot avoid it.
...yes you can just don't get KOed :p

Adding making majors easier to get doesn't affect this at all because once you get attacked, you gain minors anyways, and you can use them to get out of the situation. You'd need to KO them first to major them anyways, so it makes 0 sense.

This suggestion just seems like a poorly disguised attempt at making major perms wayyyy easier to obtain for gangrpers to farm them.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread