cuddlesmeow

Level 99
cuddlesyou
cuddlesyou
Omega+
IGN: cuddlesmeow
DATE: May 18, 2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Have you ever thought about charging your phone? Introducing a phone charger and battery system! It will make the game super realistic and add a challenge to your roleplay. Everyone now would have to remember to charge their phones just like in real life. If you forget, your phone battery would run out, and you won't be able to call someone if your character have an emergency. To charge your phone, you look for a charger, and plug your phone by right clicking the charger and it will be fully charged for few hours (just like waterguns.)

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

It would make the roleplay more realistic and teach us to be responsible with our phones. What do you think?

Last edited:

DylanDeNewb

Level 32
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+

Phone signal is already a thing and adding battery would probably be even more of an inconvenience, not really much of a need to add.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

Inconvenience.

Realism is nice, but when you add too much of it, gets tedious.

EnderBubs

Level 54

Nylu makes a wonderful point. Yes we want a good amount of realism in the server but adding too much would make things just annoying and tedious

Also it would be a proceeds to add this into the game. I mean think about it, you would have to charge it which would require a charger and an outlet to be added + plug in that allows you to use the charger. It’s just inconvenient and wouldn’t be enjoyable for players to have to deal with

markoos

Level 28
Greenies who don't have a house yet: "guess I'll die then!" Joking aside, no, enjoyability over realism, like Nylu said.

vehicle

Level 29
vehelic
vehelic
Rich+

The amount of things that would need to go behind this would take a while. Repeating what Nylu said, the amount of realism being brought forth could eventually annoy players. The modeling would also take time and possibly end as useless to everyone. As Enderbubs said, chargers and plugs would be a nuisance, as well as reroute the point of the game. (Love the idea though!)

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
-1 down with realism (to a degree) I don't think we should implement something to make things "more realistic" when we know it'd be annoying and detrimental to QoL. It's an interesting idea.. but it's better suited for survival games than it is a roleplay.

I think the best degree of realism for SRP is ... sort of like more grounded and rational slice of life anime logic. (Yes I know you can Devil's advocate this and do a bunch of examples of where this statement would be wrong.)

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Personally, I would just carry an inventory full of phones so that I could have basically unlimited charge and almost never have to worry about charging my phone (except for the hour long charging session I would have to go through every week or so)

Ruin

Level 97
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
no im not gonna bother charging up phone just so I could spam /text yonio sewers beach entrance fast i grabbed them

Acroy

Level 28
Annoying. Only good side to this is I can get out of an ICly call that I don't wanna be in by simply saying "Oh, my phones about to run out of batteries, got-to-go-lol-bye"

TrapstarRp

Level 22
mid gangrp chase on a call about to die and it's your only life line left and, boom.... your phone dies, so you die, so the character lore IS ALLLLLLLL GONE, yea no, no thanks

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+

If you want this, just say "Oh sorry, my phone is dead" or, for lore purposes "Sorry, my phone is almost dead and I need to walk to (insert location) alone. People are after me too so it's for my safety" (make sure ur oc knows someone is after them if it is true). Y'know? Add lore to it, ITEMRP THE CHARGERS.

Jay.

Level 9
jayharu
jayharu
Fundraiser+
-1 WAYY too much of an inconvenience to players who dont have access to a charging port. Even so, that'll be so much work just to implement this one, tiny, tedious detail to life.

Users who are viewing this thread