WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A few phone commands that would make using phones more realistic
For example:
/unsend [contact] [message you want to delete]
/edittext [contact] [message] [edited message]
/reply [contact's message] [your own message]
etc.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Although these commands may take a while to implement, they could help make things feel a bit more realistic​

Last edited:

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Simple enough, yet with how the current plugin is set up I'm not exactly sure this would work but of course I could be wrong. The commands would be pretty cool if it is possible though, +1 to everything but the reply command cause I think it would get a little confusing. Also add fucking voicemails pls!!

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1/-1
The edit text will be a good idea, but Im not sure about the deleting msgs...sounds like it wont be a good idea and Im scared it will fuck data OR avoid people who breaking rules

les

Level 4
htce
htce
Rich+
-1 ..
I don't think this is so realistic, since over normal imessage, you can't delete nor edit messages, and I think, especially deleting messages could cause problems. But the voicemail idea someone said could be cool, and please renaming contacts

reifumo

Level 10
reifumo
reifumo
Omega
Neutral
The suggestions make sense, and while they would make phones more realistic, I wouldn't say they are necessary. The replies could make messaging very confusing and messy.

GINGYZ

Level 88
MarriedtoEmma
MarriedtoEmma
Notable
Okay so, the reason why I'm disagreeing is because yes these would be more realistic but in my mindset it wouldnt be really useful until there is groupchats. Let me explain why. So, the unsend one yes it would be useful in a way but what are you sending that you need to unsend? Also it might mess up the phone system. Reminder I said might. The edittext .. what are you sending that you need to edit? Usually you just correct your mistakes after the text you sent. Then the reply system would be very useful if there are groupchats because you can reply to one person in the groupchat. I just wouldn't understand how this would be useful in the phone system but you may explain it to me.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

This isn't realistic, going with the points les makes. . along with that, we don't need to overcomplicate working plugins, the plugins on this server already have a lot of compatibility issues, and this could cause a HUGE ISSUE which makes phones not usable for a while.

o_o_o_f

Level 7
meloqzn
meloqzn
Fundraiser+

Like everyone already mentioned, I think it will just cause more problems and be quite difficult to implement, it's already fine how it is

DarkEclipic

Level 157
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

In real life, you can't edit your text messages after you already sent them(not counting discord just actual phone message). The deleting I can see but you also have to remember if you delete a text, the other person still has that text on their end(again, not counting other texting apps, just phones messaging)

Hamburger

Level 184
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
This would be really hard to implement, and you can't even edit text messages in real life. I'm also mainly talking about deleting messages, that will also be really hard to implement since even text messaging is done in the MC chat. I'm not sure if it's possible in any sort of server or world to delete MC messages.
Well maybe I'm mistaken on that part since you're doing a command but it would be still hard to implement. Also having to type the whole message you want to delete can be a pain. Replying will also be a pain in the butt.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback!

- Note that text messages In-Character reflect those in real life (texts usually can only be deleted from the user's phone, and not the receiver [we will not be adding this as it's overly complex]). We may consider adding message editing and deleting to the In-Character Social Media in a later update, but for now this is denied.​

Users who are viewing this thread