Physics Professor Major Application || Science

Nate (N)

Level 0
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?:
My current minecraft username is Hikikomori_Bunny

Do you have any previous bans?: No, i have not been ban before on the server

What is your timezone?: The time zone at where i live is GMT+7

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666): My Discord username is Newty Newt#6745

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: yes, i understand if i am demoted on the server for being inactive and if this were to happen, i will not complain nor argue with any of the staff on the server because this would be entirely my fault for being inactive.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: i am usually more active on the server than on the forum, but my activity on the server is more focus on SchoolRP because there are lot more thing to learn there. while on the forum i usually search for threads that other people has send and i might want to see the Q&A that is given by a certain player that has a question about anything that involves the server, i also sometimes answer it myself.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:

i have only been playing on the server for about a week, but i no have a better understanding about the server from the other player that i have encountered and interacted with on the server.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

i haven't done any application on the server before. the only threads i have done is for a character biography

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:

At (4/18/2022) I am currently in the 11th grade on the server. the reason for this is because is use the command known as setage and turn my age back to 17, so my original grade was suppose to be the 12th grade not the 11th grade.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

i want to give the knowledge, study and education that i have learn to other player that might haven't learn it in their current life. i also want them to use the knowledge that they are learning to use it in their daily life and they might use this knowledge in future event. i also want to try to become a professor because i want to see student become more independent and focus in their life . not just this but to give them the basic education and study of the subject that they are learning and later teach them how it could help them one day in the future. this will help the student to stay active and motivated in life.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

A classroom logs is important because it is use to review the class and what is the condition of both the professor and the student like. this is also important to see if the one that is teaching have given student the proper knowledge that they need and see if they are qualified to teach.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Attend the class without disturbing the class itself, focus on the lesson, do not use inappropriate language when talking to other, show respect to someone who is older than you whether its a teacher or a senior. be honest to other.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

when i first started doing School RP, i was very excited even now i still am, when i first join a class i was excited to see what i would be learning in game. this motivate me to try teaching something myself. i also have interact with other people whether they are player who has been playing for a long time or they only been playing recently, i have also explore the map.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

College Professor are teaching college students to provide new and advance knowledge and education to learn something that they haven't learn yet. they also need to provide not just note or classes but also exercise and work so that the student can have a better understanding of the subject. College Professor also need to be both wise and have patience to maintain a good look towards the student and other college professor so that he/she are shown respects by other. A College Professor is expected to complete a quota of 15 Classes, at that point they are able to claim their paycheck at the end of the month. When completing an additional 10 classes after the 15 original classes a Professor completes will add ¥50,000 to their current paycheck. The default salary of a College Professor is ¥450,000. So completing 25 classes will allow you to be able to cash in ¥500,000.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

The Professor that i have though about have light brown coat, is 5'9 feet tall, weight around 62 kg, has black eye, light skin, his body style is slim, he also dressed properly to make sure that student see him as someone who wants to teach and ready to teach. he is born with asperger syndrome but has tried most of his life to be more understanding of everyone around him and to become a bit more like an adult and a person. he likes teaching student and if a student were to fail at some point he would help them and encourage them to keep trying because when someone fail at something over and over again someday success will come out of that failure. he sees other teacher as a respectful and wishes to learn more on what it means to become a professor. he is a formal person, not to serious, can show a little humor and joke sometimes to the students in the class so that there mind are in the class and not outside class, he also ask student question about the subject he is teaching, he care for other no matter who he is, he might be a bit socially awkward but when you get to know him he is fun to talk to. his future is to become a college professor that can do this best and keep trying to become someone who other will recognized.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

i will first give them a warning, if they do the same scenario again , i will need to not just punish but report them to someone with a higher rank.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?

i will first give them a warning not to disturb other because i am teaching at the moment and because the other student are trying to focus and listen on the lesson, but if they do the same scenario, i will tell them to get out of my class because the student clearly has no intention on studying or listen to any of my lesson and is just disturbing other students who are learning at the moment.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Write on the board the subject that i am teaching today

/me Calls out to student to pay attention to the lesson

/me after the lesson has ended, give them a review of what the lesson today and give them a task to do

Backstory

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended. Make sure this is over 100 words.

When Jacob Barnett was two years old, doctors told his mother Kristine that her son would probably never be able to talk, read, or even tie his shoes. He had moderate to severe autism, they informed her.

Indeed, Barnett seemed to have gone silent. Over about six months, the toddler had lost all communication skills and eye contact—he wouldn't even say "mommy" anymore. Per the experts' recommendations, Kristine put Barnett into an intensive therapy program, and into a preschool for kids with special needs.

For dozens of hours per week, professionals would work with him, trying to get him to do what he couldn't or wouldn't do. But he wasn't getting any better. After a while, Kristine went against everyone's advice and pulled him out of special education. She figured that her son would be better off if he spent those hours focused instead on what he could do—what he wanted to do.

So Kristine started teaching him herself, honing in especially on his outsized passion for math and science.

To say that this approach got her son talking again is an understatement. Suddenly, at age three, he spoke four languages. He could answer complicated astrophysics questions, despite the fact that no one had taught him the subject matter.

Around that age, he was also completing 5,000-piece puzzles, teaching himself Braille, making elaborate string diagrams in neat mathematical patterns, and faithfully recreating street maps on the floor using Q-tips—early evidence of his photographic memory.

At age eight, Barnett audited a physics class at Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis. His mom sat with him in the lecture hall, so people assumed that she was a student who didn't have a babysitter. But after Barnett started speaking up in class—and after he got an A on the final—the university invited him to enroll.

First, he had to complete the curriculum for grades six through 12, which he did in just over a year. Teaching himself high school math was the easiest part—he absorbed all of algebra, geometry, and calculus in two weeks. The fact that he remembers literally every math problem he's ever encountered helped. (He sees them pictorially in his mind's eye.)

At 10, he was officially a college student. At 13, he became a published physicist. At home, his parents couldn't stock paper fast enough to keep up with how fast he was writing equations. So he'd move on to whiteboards, then to windows.

"I've always had a deep curiosity to understand how the world works," he says. "It has been both fascinating and humbling to believe that life's diverse patterns could emerge from simple mathematical expressions."
Rumors swirled that he'd soon be a Nobelist, and some even thought that Barnett was on his way toward disproving Einstein's theory of relativity.

Barnett, though, doesn't call himself a genius. In his mind, he's only done what he believes anyone can do—transitioned from learning to thinking to creating.

Barnett's work is already stretching our understanding of the universe. "I enjoy defining the boundaries of my understanding of the world and pushing them farther," he says. One of his favorite findings is that of a fermion-doubling problem in loop quantum gravity. "I demonstrated," he explains, "that the theory appears to have an inconsistency with the standard model of particle physics."

After college, Barnett moved from his native Indiana to Waterloo, Canada, for graduate school at the Perimeter Institute, a physics hotspot where many of the world's top thinkers in the subject, including Stephen Hawking, have taught. (By some metrics, it's easier for a physicist to get into Harvard University, Stanford University, or the Massachusetts Institute of Technology than into Perimeter.)

Barnett was Perimeter's youngest student ever admitted, and submitted his master's thesis at 15. Today, he's still at Perimeter and the University of Waterloo, getting his Ph.D. "My current research," he says, "is devoted to studying problems with many particles in an extension of standard quantum mechanics. In particular, I'm studying how entangled a state of such a system is when it has minimal energy."

Barnett's mentor and advisor at Perimeter is Lee Smolin, the famous physicist who has been called a "necessary troublemaker." "He's done an excellent job at shaping me into a young scientist," Barnett says, "encouraging me to develop my own research tastes while answering questions and bringing me up to date on various physics topics."

Barnett himself may be on the road to becoming a career academic, but then again, he may not. "The most notable childhood dream job I had," he says, "was pretty predictable for a child prodigy. I wanted to become a professor." For now, though, "my only long-term goals are to be happy, and to be doing something I find challenging and rewarding," Barnett says. "Right now, physics is at the pinnacle of those goals, but perhaps in the future I will be motivated by something else."

"I don't feel like it's possible for me to tell you where I'm going to be in 50 years, 10 years, or even five years, for that matter," he continues. "These are lengths of time I haven't been around long enough to appreciate. Ten years ago I was in third grade. Due to my autism, I had just started communicating. It would've been impossible to guess that I would be a graduate student in physics now."

But Barnett would never curse his autism for causing his early hardships. "I'm very happy to be autistic," he said during an interview when he was 15. "If I was not autistic, I would not be at the place I am right now. Autism is my way of thinking. It's my way of viewing the world. It's because of that that I'm able to do what I'm able to do best."

After All of that has happen, Jacob was given the opportunity to teach as a physics professor a subject that he admires most and is dedicated to, so he decided to sign up for it and is now just waiting for a given answer. The reason for his decision is his curiosity and understanding the world of physics not because he wanted to be famous but so he can answer the questions that he has been thinking of most of his life time.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Jacob Barnett

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr. Barnett

Given Name(s): Jacob Barnett

Preferred Name: Jacob

Religious Denomination: Agnostic

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: British

Current Location: Japan, Karakura

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

Working Experience (# of years): 6

Academic Degree: Master and Doctorate Degree

Year of Graduation: 1998

Major(s): Physics

Minors: Mathematic

Native Languages: English

Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: None

Preferred Teaching Subject: Physics

Extra: N/A

Additional notes about your application (if any): i will not always be online on the server because there are also time where i need to focus on my own daily task. but i''ll also try to make sure that i am active and at least teach a class without any trouble

Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/AQdHkBHE

Users who are viewing this thread