players online

Player-Ran Events (DIY Events!)

wethecreature

Level 106
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
PLAYER RAN EVENTS
because not all events are gonna be done, brotato.

DISCLAIMER: PLAYER-RAN EVENTS ARE MOST LIKELY NEVER GOING TO BE AT ALL THE SAME SCALE AS AN EVENT-TEAM RAN EVENT

WHAT IS A PLAYER-RAN EVENT?
Player-Ran events are, to be specific, any event not involving Event Team's official involvement. Typically this means there is a lack of the following:

• Characters with the [?] tag.
  • Use of /event messages.
  • Use of any other event commands.
  • No time-skips, exceptions for events, etc.

SCALES OF EVENT TEAM EVENTS AND POSSIBILITY WHEN PLAYER-RAN:

FLASH EVENT
Events with no warning and at most 1 or 2 event messages. Players are unaware of these events.

[Easy] [Possible]

TYPICAL EVENT

Events with no warning and at most 2 - 3 event messages. Players are aware of these events.

[Easy] [Possible]

These events are very possible. In this case, it is plausible. The scale of a Minor Event is relatively on the smaller side. So like a player-ran party, for example, Winter's-bane Festival. It is typically with a smaller group of people. A Major Event typically is an event with a larger amount of people, typically involving large parties like a house-party. This could also be a planned RP that is on the more involved side from multiple people.

AU EVENTS

[Impossible]

I'll just put it simply that doing your own AU event would just be going on another minecraft server and RPing your characters in a different setting completely. You can't really host your own on SRP.

EXAMPLES OF ACTUAL PLAYER-RAN EVENTS:
- Gang events that do not involve Event Team involvement.
- Parties Hosted by Teams
- Large Meetings Between Players
(I'll think of more)
- Large, ICly and OOCly significant roleplays involving a large amount of people.

HOW DO I, <INSERT PLAYER NAME>, HOST A PLAYER-RAN EVENT?

[1] I would recommend first inviting people. Start by getting your friends to come before announcing it in associated discords or in roleplay documents. This should get the attention it needs. If it is a flash event, I'd ignore these steps.

[2] Figure out a concise date and time for your event that people can make it to. Typically SRP hosts its events on Saturdays (Sundays for some people) around the afternoon (EST, I believe). This is a pretty friendly time for a lot of people.

[3] Gather people. I recommend if your event is planned out to even make a discord if you want to keep it as organized as possible.

[4] Begin your event.

WHY YOU ESPECIALLY DON'T NEED EVENT TEAM RESOURCES TO HOST YOUR OWN EVENTS:

/EVENT - You have access to so many commands with a large radius! Especially /itl which has a massive radius. You can use this as your own announcement device for any mini-events you're hosting for you and your friends.

[?] Role - You don't need a fancy event role to have a non-typical character. Although it has a meaning that adds to it and is used for Event, you can always make characters and people can act different characters for your own events to have a fun time.

WHAT EVENTS CAN'T I RUN MYSELF?
- Spirit events.
- Large-scale events that involve large-scale changes to the map.
(this list will be added to)

sorry that might've been a shitty guide I just wanted to do this

Last edited:

Squidjees

Level 99
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
PLAYER RAN EVENTS
because not all events are gonna be done, brotato.

DISCLAIMER: PLAYER-RAN EVENTS ARE MOST LIKELY NEVER GOING TO BE AT ALL THE SAME SCALE AS AN EVENT-TEAM RAN EVENT

WHAT IS A PLAYER-RAN EVENT?
Player-Ran events are, to be specific, any event not involving Event Team's official involvement. Typically this means there is a lack of the following:

• Characters with the [?] tag.
  • Use of /event messages.
  • Use of any other event commands.
  • No time-skips, exceptions for events, etc.

SCALES OF EVENT TEAM EVENTS AND POSSIBILITY WHEN PLAYER-RAN:

FLASH EVENT
Events with no warning and at most 1 or 2 event messages. Players are unaware of these events.

[Easy] [Possible]

TYPICAL EVENT

Events with no warning and at most 2 - 3 event messages. Players are aware of these events.

[Easy] [Possible]

These events are very possible. In this case, it is plausible. The scale of a Minor Event is relatively on the smaller side. So like a player-ran party, for example, Winter's-bane Festival. It is typically with a smaller group of people. A Major Event typically is an event with a larger amount of people, typically involving large parties like a house-party. This could also be a planned RP that is on the more involved side from multiple people.

AU EVENTS

[Impossible]

I'll just put it simply that doing your own AU event would just be going on another minecraft server and RPing your characters in a different setting completely. You can't really host your own on SRP.

EXAMPLES OF ACTUAL PLAYER-RAN EVENTS:
- Gang events that do not involve Event Team involvement.
- Parties Hosted by Teams
- Large Meetings Between Players
(I'll think of more)
- Large, ICly and OOCly significant roleplays involving a large amount of people.

HOW DO I, <INSERT PLAYER NAME>, HOST A PLAYER-RAN EVENT?

[1] I would recommend first inviting people. Start by getting your friends to come before announcing it in associated discords or in roleplay documents. This should get the attention it needs. If it is a flash event, I'd ignore these steps.

[2] Figure out a concise date and time for your event that people can make it to. Typically SRP hosts its events on Saturdays (Sundays for some people) around the afternoon (EST, I believe). This is a pretty friendly time for a lot of people.

[3] Gather people. I recommend if your event is planned out to even make a discord if you want to keep it as organized as possible.

[4] Begin your event.

WHY YOU ESPECIALLY DON'T NEED EVENT TEAM RESOURCES TO HOST YOUR OWN EVENTS:

/EVENT - You have access to so many commands with a large radius! Especially /itl which has a massive radius. You can use this as your own announcement device for any mini-events you're hosting for you and your friends.

[?] Role - You don't need a fancy event role to have a non-typical character. Although it has a meaning that adds to it and is used for Event, you can always make characters and people can act different characters for your own events to have a fun time.

WHAT EVENTS CAN'T I RUN MYSELF?
- Spirit events.
- Large-scale events that involve large-scale changes to the map.
(this list will be added to)

sorry that might've been a shitty guide I just wanted to do this
slayy

Users who are viewing this thread