mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Please add language description back

happycat

Level 0
qNoisy
qNoisy
Rich
What's your Minecraft Username?: qNoisy
What's the title of your suggestion?: Please add language description back

What's your suggestion?:
Before, the message that would display when somebody spoke a language was something like "Dan said something in French." Now, the text shows up as "???" in slightly greyed text. So far, people have just assumed my character was confused, instead of actually saying something in a different language. I understand the change slightly because not everyone would know what language someone is speaking just by hearing it, but it does make it more vague and less intuitive in the rp. It would be cool to have the message back, or something similar so others know I'm saying something in another language, instead of just typing "???"

How will this benefit the server and community?:
I think this will overall improve how people roleplay. Experienced RPers know their characters enough to tell whether they would be able to identify a language, and I think new players can pick up on stuff like that!
 
+1 I like the language update, but I think it would be better for it to say something like "says something in another language" instead of "???"

ALSO someone made this as a suggestion already but JSL needs to be changed to "signed" instead of "says". If you don't have JSL as a language you won't be able to tell that they're signing instead of speaking, which can lead to situations where others react to your signing as if you were saying words, which obviously makes no sense.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top