isntnessa

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
CST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
I have had no bans.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
I do

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I'm very active from early morning until night. I've been trying to make up for all the time I lost while on a hiatus.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I have quite a lot of knowledge about Shintoism, but I'm always willing to extend my knowledge on any areas that may seem complicated or unfamiliar to me. I've received a lot of more knowledge while having my character who I am applying on mentored by a shrine maiden.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?:
Both of my characters have a close relationship with some shrine members and spend a majority of their time at the shrine. I think what makes me stand out the most is my dedication as well as the fact that I had icly time to be mentored and learn more about what the shrine workers do and how they interact with each other.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes I do.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Chiwa Ketsueki Koharu-Mensah

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Unmarried

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Born in Valencia, Spain. Half Irish, Half Haitian, and Half Latina.

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030)-967-6256

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I've visited the shrine a lot, not only with my mother but by myself as well. I've taken time to get to know the shrine members, as well as their tasks and the things they are interested in. I deeply enjoy my time at the Monastery especially being mentored by Miss Tokugawa as well as other maidens such as Miss O'Sullivan, and Mister Zennix. I understand the duties I will have if I do become a priest and I am deeply hoping to strengthen my relationship with the Kami. I'm willing to uphold all traditional values that the Monastery will have for me.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
I am aware of the dark history that the shrine had previously. The previous shrine had been burnt down by the former shrine lead, Kannushui Ginjiro. The shrine had been built on June 6th, 744. It had initially been a site for Buddhism, but eventually Shintoism made its way into it. The shrine had been built into the mountain as a way to shelter the Kami. The Shinsei Seiner Monastery's shrine is the at the highest point of the mountain, therefore making it the closest to the Kami.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

[!] The letter was sealed with a Kitsune wax seal. [!]

Dear Mister Inari, I hope you are doing well, especially after the amazing birthday party you had when we last interacted. I hope you are taking good care of the Kiwi Bird plush! I am writing this letter to you because I believe that I can contribute to taking care of the Kami and the monastery as well. I also wish to extend a hand towards those who are interested in learning Shintoism as well as the duties Shrine priests and maidens have. I will happily offer advice and guidance for those who come to the shrine seeking it. I have been personally mentored by shrine maidens and priest to further my journey towards getting close the the Kami and working at the Monastery.

I do hope you are in the best of health mentally and physically as you're reading this letter. With warm regards, Chiwa.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
A Daughter's First Heartbreak
Chiwa is sometimes described as a welcoming, warm-hearted, and deathly loyal woman. With her striking heterochromia and vitiligo, it's not hard to see her as the perfect fusion of her parents. She's very confident in herself and loves everyone around her. Chiwa has a sort of childlike outlook on the world, she's very forgiving to everyone and believes people need more than two chances to change. What an interesting outlook, wherever did that stem out from..

"Chiwa, honey, I don't think he's coming today. Go get in your pajamas, we'll try again tomorrow." Chiwa felt a hand rest on her head as she looked up at her mother, then she looked back outside the window, the street lights of their neighborhood were on, and the road leading towards their drive way, was still as empty as ever. She shook her head vigorously as she moved her mother's hand, looking up at her with a look of sadness on her face, "call him again. Maybe he forgot, please mama, I know he's coming." Chiwa tried her best to blink away the tears. She was too young to understand the meaning of abandonment, the meaning of being forgotten, but all she understood was that her father promised to be there. He had to be there right? He wouldn't just forget about his daughter.. not again?

Ibuki stood behind her daughter as she dialed up his number, again, waiting.. waiting... waiting some more.. and then, it went straight for voicemail again... Chiwa heard the signature sigh that her mother always gave, which meant, he wasn't coming. Which meant that he had forgotten her again, and the hole that was already in her heart, seemed to grow large than it already was. She still sat by that window and waited, until she was slumped against it, asleep.

This was a frequent thing, for her father to never show up. To never be there. It wasn't like he didn't have plenty of opportunities to step up, even so, that didn't erase the hurt that was buried deeply into her heart, that made her fearful of trusting men. That made her fearful of trusting anyone the way that she trusted her dad. Because nobody ever expects for their parent to be their biggest and first heartbreak. They say that your father is the first man you'll ever love, they never tell you that he will be your first heartbreak as well.

Chiwa hadn't ever healed from that, even though her mother did everything in her power to make it seem like things weren't as bad as they seemed, she knew that she'd always have that hole in her heart. She had two wonderful mothers' that tried their hardest to make her feel okay, and tried their hardest to help her feel better when he father didn't come around, but it was to no avail, she always felt sad, and would often end up shutting herself in her room. Acceptance was one of the many things that Chiwa struggled with.

A Place of Comfort, Surrounded by Comforting People.
When Chiwa moved to Karakura, Japan with her mother, she didn't exactly fit in with anyone in her school, and she was often times nervous and felt like the kids around her were watching her. Watching her every move, constantly waiting for her to mess up. She didn't enjoy that feeling, it made her learning experience difficult. She'd often come home mentally exhausted and would always pass out in her bedroom, this constant repeating routine made Chiwa's mother and step-father worry deeply about her, which made her mother suggest a place for her to start visiting alongside her.

The Shinsei Seinaru Monastery became a place of tranquility and peace for Chiwa. She enjoyed every visit and spent endless hours at the shrine. It reminded her so much of home, especially her family's own shrine, it was always relaxing and the maidens and priest were also so kind and welcoming. Chiwa knew, then and there exactly what she wanted to become, she'd spent so much time at the shrine that she had begun to slightly fit in with everyone else. She'd enjoyed the company of so many of the shrine's people and decided she knew what she wanted to do.

Many Many Mentors
Chiwa began to be mentored one on one by Ahma Tokugawa at the shrine, but took towards the other shrine workers as a form of mentorship as well. She always tagged along with them for any and everything they allowed her to be apart of, seeing it all as a mentoring moment. Chiwa deeply enjoyed the company of all the people at the shrine, especially during Inari's birthday party, she wasn't really apart of the planning but was happy to be apart of the festivities.

Chiwa enjoys the mentorship she receives from Ahma, but also appreciates how the other shrine priests and maidens also try to mentor her in their own way which adds to the experience. She enjoyed spending time with Calico, Yūrei. Yūrei taught her to make tea which was something never knew she enjoyed doing. Shoji and Hyosuke also helped her confidence within she shrine grow by always being so welcoming and kind towards her, which motivated her more towards being a shrine priest.
(A Biography is Coming Soon)

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
Shrine priests and maidens have several duties. Priests officiate any and all shrine ceremonies that any worshipper may request. Their main role is to ensure a satisfactory relationship between both the Kami and the worshipper. This may range from offerings and meditation. Maidens may partake in purification, ritual dances, and visitations. Priests may also partake in these as well.
What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
Upon entering you should see a Torii gate, you must bow once before proceeding past the gate. There will be a temizuya provided for you at the shrine's entrance. You must wash your hands at it. This is an act of purification as it is to purify the body before entering the shrine. Worshippers will wash their hands and math with the cool water which is apart of the purification ritual.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
Place your coins into the offering box, or settle your object of choice down beside the box. After doing so you will jingle the bell that is near the table, then, you proceed to bow twice, and clap twice. Finally, you will bow a final time.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
The tea ceremony consists of host bringing the tea utensils into the room, the room being the Tea house. The host will offer the guest something sweet and begin preparing and serving them the tea made out of pulverized tea leaves, or matcha leaves. The tea leaves will be then be stirred in boiling water to be served to the guests.

During a tea ceremony it is customary to wear something modest, not wear any jewelry, or have any perfume or any overwhelming scents.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
Tamagushi are a Shinto offering made from a sakaki-tree branch. At weddings or funerals, it is an ancient offering.

A Gouda is intended for the purpose of protection again calamity, safety, or misfortune. It can even be used to find love. Most of them are to bless whatever you stick to but it is mainly to protect you from any spirit that drives harm your way.

Kagara Suzu is a special ritual tool as well, despite them not being used for home worship. They are used by priest normally during a ceremony or during the ritual dance.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
───────────────────────────────────────

Chiwa worships the Inari Okami. The Inari Okami is the Japanese Kami of foxes, fertility, rice, tea and sake. She is also the Kami of agriculture, industry, general prosperity, and worldly success. She is one of the chief kami or Holy Spirit. This Kami is often worshipped by farmers or merchants.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread