mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

PLEASE

suneater

Level 90
IGN: AZURIH
DATE: 09/17/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: REWORK THE SERVER. please

The server at the current moment's lore is just stuff that's happened ICly back in like 2016-2018 . . and a bit after that. It just restates what's happened, but doesn't give actual lore to the server, or town really.

Karakura itself should be given lore; Things like how it was created, why most people aren't Japanese in Japan, why gang activity is so high there compared to other places in Japan, etc, (basically just explaining why things are how they are).

Having lore would give Karakura more of a basis to work off of. Give characters reasons for why they moved, actually explain why things in Karakura are so weird compared to the rest of Japan, etc. And just really give the server that back-bone it lacks as of right now. Plus!!! What's a proper city without it actually having history to it, since most of what happened in the "lore" we have right now was in a completely different city.

We're in Japan.

The servers been getting better at this, mainly with builds, but it still doesn't feel like we're in Japan when roleplaying. For starters, there are very few Japanese characters, but that's player based so you can't really change that. But even when very few people are Japanese, a city in Japan would still have Japanese customs. Even just simple things like people taking off their shoes when indoors are barely done.

Not completely sure; Schools in Japan work differently than schools in places like the UK & America (Since that's a lot of how they have the schools working). While on SRP grade-7 through grade-12 are considered high school, in Japan what's grades 7-9 would be Junior high, while Grades 10-12 would be considered high school. Plus just in general, the school itself doesn't seem much like it's set in Japan. A lot of things done in schools in Japan aren't done on SRP.

Also !!! The word soccer is more commonly used in Japan than football !!!!!

I get it's cool to have a place set in Japan, as it has cool culture 'n stuff, plus hahahhahahaa anime!!! But if it's going to seem more like it's the UK than Japan, just have it take place in the UK.

Events....... This is completely ignoring the newly brought back event server; just the types of events that happen on SRP itself

Events on the server are an overall cool thing, adding a little additional thing to roleplay-out throughout the day, but NOT EVERY EVENT HAS TO INVOLVE PART OF THE MAP GETTING DESTROYED. The server just cycles through a few types of events, though its almost never anything interesting at this point.

As I stated, SRP cycles through the same 3/4 types of events; Weather events, Festivals/Dances, & some completely random seeming event (though these ones barely seem to be done). The weather events are fine, at least when they are are just simply stating that the weather has changed. But there's occasionally a weather event that goes a bit further than the single thing, like the one that happened sometime recently. Just normal day on SRP, and they start putting [EVENT] 's for the weather. Everyone gets locked in the school due to it being a bad storm, a SINGLE TREE got hit, but nothing else happened. The weather cleared up, despite them calling whole ass POLICE to the school for the standard type of storm you'll see on a weekly basis.

The festivals/dances I don't really have much to complain about. They're just nice simple events that happen every once in a while on the server, just to have a little thing happen. Nothing gets destroyed (usually), and a lot of people seem to have fun at them. The only complaint I really have about them is that they get boring after a bit, once you've walked around you don't have much to do.

Random mystery events !!!! These ones are a pretty 50/50 chance on if they'll be a fine event. But again, NOT EVERY SINGLE EVENT NEEDS TO DESTROY APART OF THE MAP. There are nice simple ones where its just a little thing happening that involves a decent amount of the server, but at the same time there are ones where suddenly the school is freezing over and everyone has to break the door to get out, yet the school is the only place that's being affected by the blizzard???? (included that in this, as it was an interactive thing, not just [EVENT] The sky has cleared up). But yeah. just please more nice peaceful events, not Karakura still having the shittiest luck in the world.

Side note for events; The server has said for YEARS now that it will reduce the lag when there's an event. Hell, even back in October of 2019 Duckings himself said that the event happening then would be the last event with bad lag during it, yet they STILL have hellish lag when an event happens a year later. Please, if anything focus on fixing the lag on the server, rather than having more events to get more players on the server at once.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Smaller things !!!
Onrain!!!! Nobody uses it. It's completely pointless.

How do we get out of town?????? It's surrounded by mountains. There's no airport either, so how do people enter & exit !!!! Add at least a pathway that seems to exit the town, hell you could even use the now-blocked off tunnel (Wouldn't be able to exit, but just so there's a way that seems to leave the town)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I know this all wouldn't be a quick thing to do, but hahahhahahha please !!!!

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
I agree with most of the suggestions here. I feel like most buildings need a redo. The new apartment complex is probably the most nice looking thing in the whole map when it comes to architecture. The apartment blocks could also use a redo and add more colors and a more japanese theme in general cause right now they just look like your average apartment block in probably any country.

As for the lore, yes it needs to be completely redone but that might take a while cause writing a city's history from scratch isn't easy but I'm sure the lore-team will figure it out.

As for the school system, for me it seems fine right now. I know it's not very Japanese as you say but not everything in Japan can be implemented into SRP. Some things we just have to work around them to make the server work properly.

As for the Onrain thing, I wish onrain was removed as a whole. I feel something like reddit would fit a lot better and people could actually use it more and I wish more things required the usage of onrain like announcements and stuff cause when you think of it, when something gets added to a faction, how do we know ICly? we just magically know? Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyways, good suggestion nevertheless but chill a bit when you write you sound like a raging karen lmao

suneater

Level 90
As for the lore, yes it needs to be completely redone but that might take a while cause writing a city's history from scratch isn't easy but I'm sure the lore-team will figure it out.
For this I'm just hoping it gets done eventually . .. .. .as the lore teams been a thing for months, yet there's been very little (that I've seen) done in general.

As for the school system, for me it seems fine right now. I know it's not very Japanese as you say but not everything in Japan can be implemented into SRP. Some things we just have to work around them to make the server work properly.
this one, oh boy !!!! Sure not everything in Japan can be implemented into SRP, but they can at least try to make it seem like it takes place in Japan ICly,, there's very little on SRP that actually seems like it takes into consideration how Japan is realistically. Like even if it were to just change the school to be like your typical school in Japan it would make it seem more realistic !!! especially with SRP supposedly revolving around the school

As for the Onrain thing, I wish onrain was removed as a whole. I feel something like reddit would fit a lot better and people could actually use it more and I wish more things required the usage of onrain like announcements and stuff cause when you think of it, when something gets added to a faction, how do we know ICly? we just magically know? Doesn't make sense to me.
Unless they do actually do something to make Onrain, or any website for that matter useful, it's a completely pointless thing to have. Nobody uses it, and even if they made a separate website (like how you said a website similar to Reddit) it would die down fast just like Onrain did. More people seem to enjoy the anonymous chatting boards created by people on discord (Kusoge -> Kamige -> Touko)

Anyways, good suggestion nevertheless but chill a bit when you write you sound like a raging karen lmao
I blame this on being on the server for this long, with very little improvements with some of the things I talked about

Totalore

Level 138
accidentally deleted my message becaude i thogutht it was duped god save me

1. yes agree, already working on that, butni've just been pushing it aside for some time because of school but i'll get thst done by hopefully the end of octobe

2. also in the progress of doing so. need players to actively try to make it more Japanese. its very hard on me as not only another roleplayer, but a lore team member trying to come up with something logical for how unrealistic karakura is. when i was actively working on the lore for karakura, i spent hours (about 1h30s before i gave up) on what to think up for this and it really frustrates me when i waste my time having to figure out something logical for something unrealistic

3. yeah

4. onrain- yeah, agreed

short, tired; dont want to type up everything i deleted again, goodnight

Last edited:

suneater

Level 90
accidentally deleted my message becaude i thogutht it was duped god save me

1. yes agree, already working on that, butni've just been pushing it aside for some time because of school but i'll get thst done by hopefully the end of octobe

2. also in the progress of doing so. need players to actively try to make it more Japanese. its very hard on me as not only another roleplayer, but a lore team member trying to come up with something logical for how unrealistic karakura is. when i was actively working on the lore for karakura, i spent hours on what to think up for this and it really frustrates me when i waste my time having to figure out something logical for something unrealistic

3. yeah

4. onrain- yeah, agreed

short, tired; dont want to type up everything i deleted again, goodnight
goodnight.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: AZURIH
DATE: 09/17/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: REWORK THE SERVER. please
The server at the current moment's lore is just stuff that's happened ICly back in like 2016-2018 . . and a bit after that. It just restates what's happened, but doesn't give actual lore to the server, or town really.
Karakura itself should be given lore; Things like how it was created, why most people aren't Japanese in Japan, why gang activity is so high there compared to other places in Japan, etc, (basically just explaining why things are how they are).
Having lore would give Karakura more of a basis to work off of. Give characters reasons for why they moved, actually explain why things in Karakura are so weird compared to the rest of Japan, etc. And just really give the server that back-bone it lacks as of right now. Plus!!! What's a proper city without it actually having history to it, since most of what happened in the "lore" we have right now was in a completely different city.

We're in Japan.
The servers been getting better at this, mainly with builds, but it still doesn't feel like we're in Japan when roleplaying. For starters, there are very few Japanese characters, but that's player based so you can't really change that. But even when very few people are Japanese, a city in Japan would still have Japanese customs. Even just simple things like people taking off their shoes when indoors are barely done.
Not completely sure; Schools in Japan work differently than schools in places like the UK & America (Since that's a lot of how they have the schools working). While on SRP grade-7 through grade-12 are considered high school, in Japan what's grades 7-9 would be Junior high, while Grades 10-12 would be considered high school. Plus just in general, the school itself doesn't seem much like it's set in Japan. A lot of things done in schools in Japan aren't done on SRP.
Also !!! The word soccer is more commonly used in Japan than football !!!!!
I get it's cool to have a place set in Japan, as it has cool culture 'n stuff, plus hahahhahahaa anime!!! But if it's going to seem more like it's the UK than Japan, just have it take place in the UK.

Events....... This is completely ignoring the newly brought back event server; just the types of events that happen on SRP itself
Events on the server are an overall cool thing, adding a little additional thing to roleplay-out throughout the day, but NOT EVERY EVENT HAS TO INVOLVE PART OF THE MAP GETTING DESTROYED. The server just cycles through a few types of events, though its almost never anything interesting at this point.
As I stated, SRP cycles through the same 3/4 types of events; Weather events, Festivals/Dances, & some completely random seeming event (though these ones barely seem to be done). The weather events are fine, at least when they are are just simply stating that the weather has changed. But there's occasionally a weather event that goes a bit further than the single thing, like the one that happened sometime recently. Just normal day on SRP, and they start putting [EVENT] 's for the weather. Everyone gets locked in the school due to it being a bad storm, a SINGLE TREE got hit, but nothing else happened. The weather cleared up, despite them calling whole ass POLICE to the school for the standard type of storm you'll see on a weekly basis.
The festivals/dances I don't really have much to complain about. They're just nice simple events that happen every once in a while on the server, just to have a little thing happen. Nothing gets destroyed (usually), and a lot of people seem to have fun at them. The only complaint I really have about them is that they get boring after a bit, once you've walked around you don't have much to do.
Random mystery events !!!! These ones are a pretty 50/50 chance on if they'll be a fine event. But again, NOT EVERY SINGLE EVENT NEEDS TO DESTROY APART OF THE MAP. There are nice simple ones where its just a little thing happening that involves a decent amount of the server, but at the same time there are ones where suddenly the school is freezing over and everyone has to break the door to get out, yet the school is the only place that's being affected by the blizzard???? (included that in this, as it was an interactive thing, not just [EVENT] The sky has cleared up). But yeah. just please more nice peaceful events, not Karakura still having the shittiest luck in the world.
Side note for events; The server has said for YEARS now that it will reduce the lag when there's an event. Hell, even back in October of 2019 Duckings himself said that the event happening then would be the last event with bad lag during it, yet they STILL have hellish lag when an event happens a year later. Please, if anything focus on fixing the lag on the server, rather than having more events to get more players on the server at once.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
things !!!
Onrain!!!! Nobody uses it. It's completely pointless.
How do we get out of town?????? It's surrounded by mountains. There's no airport either, so how do people enter & exit !!!! Add at least a pathway that seems to exit the town, hell you could even use the now-blocked off tunnel (Wouldn't be able to exit, but just so there's a way that seems to leave the town)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What @azurih mentions here sums up a lot of my issues with the server, and she ticks off most of my issues with the lore and map side of the problem, I just want to go a bit in on what my issues are and what I WOULD DO to remedy the server.

1. SRP is VERY lazy with map revamps, in the 3 years of in-universe history, the schools been rebuilt twice, the entire town has been rearranged 2 times, a whole new forest that was "supposively, always there" was added as well as a beach. These retcons for the sake of updating the maps were lazy and half-measures and were used as a substitute for finally getting a long-needed 4th map.

Let alone my issues that were already addressed in which I agree FULLHEARTLEDLY
D

We're in Japan.

If it was me, I would get work started on a city map based in a european or just generally an ENGLISH speaking country as, 90% of the player base cannot or just don't want to RP as Japanese characters. In fact, on the original vote for the Map 2 project, the only reason Japan was selected was because of the sudden hype of the video game "Yandere Simulator" and only about 10% of those players are even apart of the playerbase today. I don't think any of us particularly NEED Japan to be where the server is set and that it is only still like that because the server is comfortable with not making massive changes.

-

I believe the server as a whole could use some major reworkings, from how the non-school roles work, from lore-perspective considerations to how map updates should work (or to the idea of a new map in general as we are LONG overdue for one) I believe that it would be obvious to an outsider that the server is a mess of 3 years of mindlessness map and lore decision making. The server could also do with some massive plugin's similar to those of the ROLE plugin that FantasyRP has and just general plugins the server could use.

TLDR: It has been 5 years since we all decided that the 2nd map should be set in Japan in which the votes were staggered to a bunch of 12 year old kids who were in a craze for Japan due to a video game with a short lived fame. With the third map being a staff decision entirely. The map although operational is not something that makes sense in the grand scheme of lore, I think it is long overdue that the server gets a full reset or at least a partial reset whilst keeping the factors the playerbase still loves.

oph

Level 165
Thank you, I agree with the event part. I wish there was more Japanese related events such as white day and many more. Not all events need to be done with gmc or need many events, the point is to role play and a lot of these things don’t allow that type of activities. If we really wanted players to take things icly we could implement temporary models for these types of events such as chocolate boxes or floating lights

(Putting this here for banter)

Vibeey

Level 11
Vibeey
Vibeey
Fundraiser+
If it was me, I would get work started on a city map based in a european or just generally an ENGLISH speaking country as, 90% of the player base cannot or just don't want to RP as Japanese characters. In fact, on the original vote for the Map 2 project, the only reason Japan was selected was because of the sudden hype of the video game "Yandere Simulator" and only about 10% of those players are even apart of the playerbase today. I don't think any of us particularly NEED Japan to be where the server is set and that it is only still like that because the server is comfortable with not making massive changes.

-

I believe the server as a whole could use some major reworkings, from how the non-school roles work, from lore-perspective considerations to how map updates should work (or to the idea of a new map in general as we are LONG overdue for one) I believe that it would be obvious to an outsider that the server is a mess of 3 years of mindlessness map and lore decision making. The server could also do with some massive plugin's similar to those of the ROLE plugin that FantasyRP has and just general plugins the server could use.

TLDR: It has been 5 years since we all decided that the 2nd map should be set in Japan in which the votes were staggered to a bunch of 12 year old kids who were in a craze for Japan due to a video game with a short lived fame. With the third map being a staff decision entirely. The map although operational is not something that makes sense in the grand scheme of lore, I think it is long overdue that the server gets a full reset or at least a partial reset whilst keeping the factors the playerbase still loves.

PLEASE. YES.
Somehow makes this a poll... I personally think that suggestion is debatable & could go EXTREMELY far. Get more people to give their opinion to this. . . For real. . .

Ryanark

Level 119
Ryanark
Ryanark
Rich+
BIG +1. If I could rate the post twice I would do it, a lot of great suggestions here on how to actually fix the server. Although the post could have been a little more formal.

I do think that many people will agree with this post, and with what I have to say in regards to how unfinished and underdeveloped the server is in its current state. Servers like FantasyRP literally blow SRP out of the water when it comes to the plugins, performance, and actual planning and execution of the server. I believe SRP can do better. You can do better than this, and I want to help contribute personally.
On top of the existing suggestions, please fix the chat system/the RP engine. They are both terrible and massively outdated, I believe everyone would appreciate it if SRP used a system similar to FRP's chat and engine, just for consistency across platforms. Having to pay to just format your actions and talk in the same action neatly is also quite a bad addition, and should be fixed.

Please consider everything listed in this thread, these are some great and genuine suggestions, even if the truth hurts when we say that SchoolRP is in a bad state currently, it can all be fixed. -- And if you're going to delete my posts again, I will simply Pastebin and post my thoughts elsewhere, someplace you can not moderate. Censorship is reminiscent of North Korea, not a Minecraft roleplay server.

suneater

Level 90
PLEASE. YES.
Somehow makes this a poll... I personally think that suggestion is debatable & could go EXTREMELY far. Get more people to give their opinion to this. . . For real. . .
Making a poll for this wouldn't do much, if they want to give their opinion they can always type out their thoughts on it.

Ducks

Level 124
Owner
Duckings
Duckings
Thanks for the suggestion, we do like a lot of the things you have said.

Firstly, the lore is mainly instated by the players, however we don't see anything wrong with the lore going back many years (I'll have a discussion with the lore team to make some background information for Karakura City), and we can task the lore team to do this. It is important to note that we already have a 2016-2018 lore, but not many people sadly take the time to go through it as the majority of the players are more focused on gameplay.

Secondly, I don't see how making the server more Japanese would increase the enjoyment factor of role-playing except added realism. It is important to note that many aspects of our server aren't completely realistic as it can sacrifice a lot of the fun. Enforcing Japanese characters and culture among new players would be extremely difficult and perhaps even impossible, seeing as the majority of our players are western (and that the server's language is English.) The main reason we decided to set our school in Japan in the first place was not because of the culture, it was because of the aesthetic of some buildings. I really think that forcing everyone to change their names to Japanese names, and reordering all the grades would not improve the server that much.

I do agree that events shouldn't just be destroying stuff, as that can get very repetitive, we do take into consideration feedback from all our events. If you have any idea in mind about specific events that you would find fun then please suggest it to us, and we can discuss it with the event team and it may even be taken into fruition.

I agree that lag is a massive problem, the issue is that 1.13.2 is not very optimized for Minecraft in general, 1.14.4 is even worse for multiplayer servers. It is nearly impossible for us to downgrade to 1.12.2 as we use many 1.13.2 blocks, until Mojang decides to optimize multiplayer servers we will be limited at around 250-300 players without lag. We are having ping issues, however recently I have been fiddling around with it and it might be fixed, however we have not had enough players on during the week to see if these fixes have worked. We have also fixed some severe TPS issues that have been occurring, and we are in constant work with Apex Hosting to try and fix more of the lag problems. Please understand that we are just not sitting here not trying to deal with the lag, and our main focus is to try and fix the lag.

I've logged into Onrain recently and have seen a lot of recent posts. It is important to notice that you can only see posts from your Friends, perhaps the reason it appears empty to you is that the friends you have are inactive on Onrain.

As for the formatting of chat, using colours is not a necessary addition for role-playing, it simply provides a small reward for donators. Anyone can use /me's, /my's, /it's, to the best of the ability and come out with the same result. Coloured chat is the same as a coloured nick, it just makes the donators stand out from the crowd. I do however agree that we can try and mix both chat systems together from FantasyRP and SchoolRP, where people can type /looc to switch between channels and use the syntax of /looc <text>. My only concern is that players will get confused and get stuck in a certain channel and not be able to get out.

Overall, you've made some very good points and I hope this may have cleared some stuff up. I've tried to respond to the main criticisms in this thread and answer any queries. If any of you have any more suggestion or pieces of feedback, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

Users who are viewing this thread