pls add this language

Grass

Level 10
IGN:
SpaghettiPog/GrassALT
DATE:
December 21st
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I don't know if anyone's asked for this yet, but I think adding the english language to SRP would be very interesting ICly. I want my character to be able to say certain english words but I don't want to tell them "/me would speak in a very broken english "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY SWAMP?!" because I'm pretty sure that's FailRP. I don't have much to say, since I had like 3 hours of sleep, but my point is clear, I think.
(I understand the reasoning behind not adding the language, since it might confuse new players)
[IMAGES IF ANY]
REFERENCE FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Rebel

Level 53
ICly Japanese IS English, so when ever someone says something ICly in English, thats basically Japanese ICly, it is hard to explain on this topic I will try to my best Japanese = English ICly, so theres no real reason for the English language to be added other than that I would ask staff on the FailRP part to ensure, but other than that, I disagree with this post.

I also tried my best to make this reasoning as clear as possible.

So for example if you say "Hello, how are you today?" which ICly its Japanese
"こんにちは、今日はお元気ですか ?" [Ko'nicihiwa, kyo wa ogenkideasuka?] so basically they have that so people can understand it better, this is the reasoning behind not allowing English to be applied for

[Thank you for @xMariih for helping me explain this better.]

Last edited:

DivineCaesar

Level 25
TheEnglishDuck
TheEnglishDuck
Rich
+1. I disagree with the person above me. I don't think they fully read your post. "ICly Japanese IS English, so when ever someone says something ICly in English, thats basically Japanese ICly,". What he means is exactly that. Speaking English OOCly means speaking Japenese in game. But it would be confusing aswell, witch is why I think it should be added as a 'You can' apply for it, but also just speak it.

Rebel

Level 53
+1. I disagree with the person above me. I don't think they fully read your post. "ICly Japanese IS English, so when ever someone says something ICly in English, thats basically Japanese ICly,". What he means is exactly that. Speaking English OOCly means speaking Japenese in game. But it would be confusing aswell, witch is why I think it should be added as a 'You can' apply for it, but also just speak it.
I did fully read his post, I just do not agree with it as the server is fine how it is.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
Let me word it better than the individual in the first comment:
ICly Japanese IS English, so when ever someone says something ICly in English, thats basically Japanese
If I say something in the IC chat, it is Japanese IC as the city of Karakura is supposed to be in Japan. If I say "Hello! How are you today?" ICly, it's like saying "よー! 今日は何ですか?" [yoo! kyou wa nandesuka?] in Japanese, however since the OOC language is English, it will be way more confusing, that's why English is not a language you can apply for.

Rebel

Level 53
Let me word it better than the individual in the first comment:

If I say something in the IC chat, it is Japanese IC as the city of Karakura is supposed to be in Japan. If I say "Hello! How are you today?" ICly, it's like saying "よー! 今日は何ですか?" [yoo! kyou wa nandesuka?] in Japanese, however since the OOC language is English, it will be way more confusing, that's why English is not a language you can apply for.
Thank you! I meant that but was hard to explain

needle

Level 45
our characters know japanese, not english, his suggestion is to add english to the list of languages we can apply for, in all seriousness, it's a good suggestion, though i know it's a heated topic because it's been talked about before. honestly, it's just another language is all it is, it would be pretty realistic to add it. i've read all of the points you all are making and i do not agree with any.

so we know that the reason english isn't already added to the languages list is because it would be confusing for new players to see
[L] SkyUni231 [16][Grade-10] John Doe says something in English
but it would only take one explanation, and there's so much more for them to worry about than that, for the english families, ones such as herrington, it would make sense for them to know english, but there's no actual in game way to do that.

perhaps we should add that if this suggestion is to be accepted, we should wait until the new map, hopefully the map will look more japanese so new players can get the hint.

Users who are viewing this thread