Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
IGN: PolarLoLs, Poloroidss
DATE: 10/23/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A Dojo in the school, somewhere on the roof but it would be cooler to be in a more inside/enclosed area

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
A dojo in the school even a smaller one would be cool especially when your character and someone else's challenge each other to a fight, without having to get detention you could use the Dojo to do so, without having to always rely on the one in the shrine. It's nothing too complicated i just think a Dojo in the school would be cool honestly.

It could be a small building on the school roof to replace the little sand garden, i think just adding the mats would be a little bland to make the school more traditional a building like structure could be added

1698090694384.png1698090698246.png
1698090773316.png

Attachments

• 1698090709005.png
    1698090709005.png
    702.4 KB · Views: 1

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
you know, a bit unrealistic but honestly fuck realism this is cool +1...
psssst, if it gets denied maybe try to start a martial arts club or something of the sorts and put it in your clubroom

Gunna!

Level 101
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
you know, a bit unrealistic but honestly fuck realism this is cool +1...
psssst, if it gets denied maybe try to start a martial arts club or something of the sorts and put it in your clubroom
a martial arts club does exist, its just inactive

DarkEclipic

Level 162
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

I get that people want to spar and things, but adding an area that encourages fighting on school grounds isn't needed, as we do not encourage fighting of ANY TYPE on school grounds. Maybe adding another dojo-type thing around Karakura would be a nifty idea but not on the grounds itself

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable

I get that people want to spar and things, but adding an area that encourages fighting on school grounds isn't needed, as we do not encourage fighting of ANY TYPE on school grounds. Maybe adding another dojo-type thing around Karakura would be a nifty idea but not on the grounds itself
Schools in Japan have a Dojo suited for classes and such,. Karakura High has no sign of being in traditional Japan so I think having this would do it some justice, we haven't had any major updates to the school in a very long time, so we might as well add some smaller ones. Of course, you encourage no sort of fighting but the Dojo would be there for a reason, you're telling me two friends can't decide to fight each other for fun?

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Most Japanese schools have martial arts clubs (which is currently in SchoolRP, however inactive) and their dojos are usually open to other students when they're not using it. I'd just say make the club's dojo public to students when it's not being used by the club

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
School used to have a dojo that was so much fun to use. Provided there is enough space to fit one in a room that’s walled off I’m all for this

+1 :) martial arts club fr

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
I can absolutely see some of the arguments for this contributing to fighting within the school and contradicting some of the rules, but as someone who’s worked in council for a very long time, i think it’d actually be an amazing idea so people who just want to spar without getting into trouble can do so without getting detention or worse, and do it in a dedicated organized spot with rules and guidelines for safety, and it’d be very nice to not be an annoyance all the time by finding out people are just sparring, since they’d have an actual place to do that at and could be directed to. ^_^
plus, if there’s a martial arts club already, go all the way, what the hell . those guys need a place to actually do their club stuff . no wonder they’re so inactive .

(i love this suggestion actually)

kustomzero

Level 132
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
+1!
Generally, adding a dojo on the school rooftop or anywhere in the school is a cool idea. Why yes there is a Martial Arts club it is inactive, if this gets implemented onto the server I would hope this encourages the club to become active again. And perhaps host a martial arts-friendly competition using the dojo.

kustomzero

Level 132
circusjax
circusjax
Omega

There's a dojo at the Shrine.

sir meow

Level 39
Z0mbi3chan
Z0mbi3chan
Rich
+1
dojo's are cool and if you want relisim then this will get you relisim since this is suppose to be in japan and japan has dojo's in school!! keeping this short cus everyone else basically said it

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
The school needs more facilities for roleplay, and I think a dojo fits especially well in a Japanese setting.

The only argument against this that I could think of is that it would promote fighting on school grounds, but... Let's face it, students are fighting all the time anyway, and those fights result in more than a quarter of total detentions (yes, I've counted multiple times). If we introduced a dojo that has strict sparring rules listed (such as, not actually causing lasting harm, not KOing, etc), I think it would definitely reduce that number, and with it the amount of faculty headaches.

Also I want a legitimate IC reason to beat people up on my teacher account and not get fired for it.

Users who are viewing this thread