KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

OriginalMinds

Discord Name & Tag:

Jay!#5959

Previous bans:

2019 or 2020 | Fly hacking ; Flaros

This ban was 100% valid, and I admit to doing this action. Back then, I was a dumb individual who ignored the rules and was pretty new to the server. I still look back on this and feel embarrassed about what I have caused on the server, and I sincerely apologize. I like to also look at this as a way to become a better person and learn from my mistakes.

2021 | Failrp, Metagame, AvoidRP ; Hebwig

This ban was complicated, but I will own up to it. There was a crime at the powerplant, and we were viewing it from a distance, but a few minutes later just decided to leave as it was getting quite dull. We were on our way back to the plaza when we decided to warp spawn as we did no crime, so we assumed we weren’t restricted in doing so. I guess we were wrong, and I am very sorry for that. Before we warped, I saw a KPD officer running towards the area for a split second, so I guess that is why I was convicted of this act. I never wanted to do this and never wanted to ruin their day. I am very sorry for this action, and I hope this never happens again. I also learned from this act to never warp spawn after witnessing a crime as you may get questioned & searched for it - which I will always make sure not to warp spawn in the future.

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the SchoolRP server is excellent! I average about 2-5 hours on the server daily. In the mornings, I wake up at around.. 2 pm if I stay up late at night (which I usually do.) I then wake up, do everything you would usually do once you wake up from bed, then I get onto my computer, then straight onto SchoolRP. What I do on this server is: Hang out with my friends, play basketball, ETC. I enjoy this server a ton, and be active on it as much as I can when I have time, not just cause of the sole purpose of me wanting to have good activity, but instead to do what I enjoy doing - Playing SchoolRP!

If I do perhaps get accepted into the KPD, I will not let my role go to waste by being inactive no. I will be as active as possible to show my dedication to this role and prove myself to be a great asset to the force and a great officer. But to give me an activity rating, I would do 8/10. Some days I cannot play because of personal issues in real life, I always make it up the next day. I enjoy this server, so I always try to get on as much as possible to have a fun time. I hope to boost my activity to a 9/10 even if I get denied for this position because my failures and denials encouraged me to keep chasing the dream that I want to pursue.

Which timezone are you in?

My timezone is CST, which means Central Standard Time.

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/kpd-officer-application-2-luvnruntz.45414/ [DENIED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/police-officer-application-luvnruntz.43746/ [DENIED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl.40409/ [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.41892/ [ACCEPTED]

What is your motivation for applying?:

My motivation for applying to KPD is that I have always been interested in law enforcement - and Police work in general. I have always had motivations to join the KPD ever since I joined SchoolRP, but never had the chance to apply for it. I wanted to try out other opportunities that seemed interesting to me mainly, but now that I have passed all of those, I think I am now ready for KPD. So that is why I am applying right now. I feel I could be a great asset to the team, as I have good knowledge of police work and am dedicated to the roles I acquire. Another motivation that I hold is the Roleplay experience of KPD. Reasoning on why is to get the experience of it, rather than just watching it from a distance. I also find that this experience stands out from all the others. Why? Because you have a significant role to partake in the town of Karakura - serving and protecting the community from the danger lurking within.

I also have another motivation, and that is Teamwork. I have always loved working with others and have shown that in the sports I have played in SRP. I have been in volleyball, and I am currently in Basketball. I enjoy these both, and I think they're a great asset in SRP. But I want to carry that Teamwork experience into the KPD to become a great officer, a great partner for whoever I get partnered with, and a great asset to have in the Force. So, in the short term, my motivations for applying to KPD are;

Roleplay experience, Teamwork experience, Interest in Law enforcement/Police-work, an excellent opportunity to pursue in SRP, and overall to try out for a fun experience. I hope these paragraphs add to the expectations and show my dedication to applying for the KPD.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

I have a significant amount of knowledge of Police work. Over the years I have played this server, I have paid close attention to Police-work that happens in schoolrp. Such as officers patrolling in groups. Usually, cops will go in groups of 2-3, depending on how many officers are online. This is to ensure the safety of everyone in that group and to have each other's backs. They take these precautions because criminals could go after an officer when they’re alone, easily outnumbering them if there is more than one. So that is why officers patrol in groups more than they patrol alone. Although officers can decide to patrol alone, they have to get higher-up permission to do so. If they go on patrol alone without higher up permission, they could receive punishment for committing this act.

Another knowledge I have of police work is proof of committing a crime. Usually, how police get evidence of someone committing a specific crime, let's say, Vandalism. You will be arrested for Vandalism if you’re caught spray painting a wall. And for police to get evidence of this act, they will have to go through CCTV that is in the area. If CCTV misses you, That’s pretty sad! But police also have body cameras, so if you’re caught spraying in the act on a body cam. . You’re done for. You will be placed in jail with a bail of 50k. Sadly, you will have to wait three days to bail your character out, you cannot do it yourself. You will have to get a friend to do it for you.

Remember that you would need OOCly proof (Usually a medal recording) of this action to bring the evidence into IC with CCTV or video proof via phone. Pictures also apply to this.

The third knowledge that I have of Police work is Evasion! This is quite common for people in Karakura. Criminals usually love to evade arrests. The reason that criminals avoid arrests is generally if they get caught doing a major act. Sometimes a minor, but it's usually a major one—for example, Gang Affiliation. A criminal would most likely evade this arrest, and if they are successful in it, they will be charged with Gang Affiliation and Evasion. If they fail, they will still get another charge. This would be Resisting arrest. The bail for this arrest will be around. . 1-2 million yen, plus a charge of 50k for evasion. There is also no release time as you're in there for life.

I am also going to list below police ranks and a brief description of them.

Commissioner
The Commissioner is seen as the highest rank in the KPD. They're the boss. They put officers ranked below them into place and ensure everything runs smoothly in the KPD. The Commissioner is the one who usually relies on the Higher-ups to do their jobs correctly. The Commissioner has also referred the the "Big Dog," but that's probably just me.. not weird, right?

Captain
The captain is the Second-In-Command for the Police-force but isn't as powerful as the Commissioner. The captain does the work for the Commissioner and keeps them updated on what is going around in the force.

Lieutenant
A Lieutenant is seen as the first Higher-up rank in the police force. Lieutenants will usually help cadets and other ranks if they're having a difficult time with a specific scenario. The max Lieutenants that can be in the KPD are three. They will usually be in charge of most things, such as departments.

Detective Superintendent
The detective Superintendent is usually in charge or will participate in the high investigations held in Karakura. They will supervise ranks below them and keep them in working order so everything runs smoothly through the department.

Chief Detective Inspector
The Chief Detective Inspector is not very different from the Detective Superintendent. The Chief Detective usually supervises people below him, such as the detective division. They will also make sure the Detective Inspector is doing their job correctly.

Detective Inspector
The detective Inspector does most of the work. They will take part in investigations and will collect evidence for the investigation to find a culprit.

Sergeant
Sergeants are usually seen supervising others that are below them. They do the same as other higher-ups, but the Sergeant rests in the middle of the ranks. Sergeants are usually looked at for help and help cadets through the basics. They're quite the helpful ranks in KPD.

Detective Constable
The Detective Constable is not entirely different from other detectives. They handle investigations that they're tasked with. The tasks they will be put onto are usually crimes like Assault and theft. Nothing too special.

Corporal
Corporals are usually the officers that will handle 110 calls. They're usually the ones who answer, but other officers also respond. Corporals will usually tell people below them orders that they will receive from higher-ups.

Patrol Officer
The patrol officer is the next step of your journey to becoming a police officer. You will be ranked up to Patrol officer if you pass the test when you're a cadet. Patrol officers are usually just tasked with roaming around Karakura town, stopping any crime that may happen, and keeping the town safe from the danger that lurks. They keep the illegal activity on the down low, which is essential for the Police Force. Patrol officers are also usually seen at the front desk, helping people that may enter the station. They still do the things they did as a cadet, but also new things.

Cadet
Cadet. This is where you start the first step of your journey to becoming a Police Officer. When you're a cadet, you will be trained by higher-up officers on the basic steps of being a police officer and the defense tactics that you will need to know during your time as an Officer. Cadets will usually go with Patrol officers on patrol, and the Officer will show the Cadet what it's like to be on patrol and what to do at a crime scene. Patrol officers are quite the important ranks for cadets, so they can see the In-Person experience of being a police officer. Patrol officers will also show what to do when you've arrested an individual and what to say.

I will now also list what officers carry daily and what they're used for. Some may vary cause of ranks.

X26-Taser. - All Police officer's ranks carry Tasers. But cadets are started with these. Tasers are used as a defense mechanism so they won't get harmed in a situation if Someone possibly has a weapon.

Baton. - All police officers, especially cadets, also carry batons. They will use batons as a second defense weapon if they perhaps lose their taser. Batons are also used in jail cells when police search the individual. Note that batons are only used in cells to pat down people that haven't gotten searched when detained or arrested. Usually, this happens in high tense situations. For example, a group of people with weapons evading officers and one gets caught and quickly cuffed.

Breathalyzer. - Breathalyzers are usually used if an individual is drunk. All officers also carry this.

Police Cuffs. - All officers have this item, and it is essential. It is used to cuff individuals so they cannot use their hands or arms, and it restrains them from making attacks with their fists. It is also used to bring individuals to jail or detain them for questioning in the station.

Pepper Spray. - Pepper spray is ANOTHER defense mechanism if the police's baton gets mugged. . That is very sad if it does, and you most likely have bad luck! So the officers would usually take out their pepper spray, spray them in their eyes to blind them, and take the baton back. Or try to get their taser.

Crowbar. - Higher-ups of the police force usually carry crowbars. They will usually use a crowbar to break into Someone's house to search for Someone or raid the apartment for weapons or other illegal items.

Glock-17. - Glock's are also carried only by higher-ups—usually detectives. Glock's are used only in a life or death situation, usually when a report happens of Someone getting stabbed or having a dangerous weapon. Such as a katana. Rubber bullets are also used in Riot's and are not lethal. But they do hurt a lot.

Riot-Gear. - KPD uses riot gear in two different ways. The first way is that if a Riot happens outside of the KPD. They will get into their gear and perhaps get tear gas. Or rubber bullets for their Glocks. They will storm out of the KPD, Glocks in hand, ready to fire on command if the crowd does not disperse. The second way is if Someone has reported being stabbed or killed in an area. They will get into riot gear as they get their guns with 9x19mm rounds with an eight-bullet magazine. Quite scary if you ask me.

[POLICE VEHICLES]

Police Motorcycle. - These are used in a high chase with a wanted suspect in a vehicle or to get to a location. Only Sergeants and up have this vehicle. This can also be used to go on patrols n such.

Police Car. - The Police Car is also the same as a Police Motorcycle. It is used for a little more protection from being inside the car with the doors shut and to chase down wanted suspects that are also in a vehicle or just far away from where they're. A police car can also be used in patrols.

So overall, I think my knowledge of police work is good, and I hope it is enough to give me a shot at this fantastic faction.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?

Police are Important to SchoolRP as they’re the people that provide safety for Karakura citizens. They protect them from criminal activity, such as killings or limb de-attachment. KPD is an asset of SchoolRP for countless reasons. One of them is to keep the crime rate in the town low and to bust criminals that are in the act of harming a civilian. Examples like murder or assault. Without the Karakura Police Department, this town would be just a disaster. Crime would be everywhere, buildings would most likely be on fire, and the place wouldn’t be safe at all to be in. Criminals would get away with crimes against the law and countless other things. That is why the Karakura Police Department is a thing. They’re there to serve & protect the community and arrest people who have broken the state's laws. People who assisted in this wrongdoing will also get charged for affiliation - Such as murder or significant assault.

So to answer your question, KPD is important to SchoolRP because it keeps the crime on the low, shields the town from gangs that try to take it over, and keeps civilians safe.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

I fully understand this, and I will try my best to avoid any act that could cause this to happen.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

I acknowledge this completely. I will dedicate every ounce of myself to this role, and hope to become a great Police Officer.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, I fully understand that claim. And If I am not able to attend the training that day, I will bring it into your Direct messages with a full explanation on why.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Kakashi Sasaki

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:

Male - He/him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Masters degree in Criminology, and Criminal Justice.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?

N/A

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Kakashi would look like any other individual in Karakura. His eyes would shine bright with the light that would shine down from the sky, and you could see determination. When you would see Kakashi from a distance, you would see a tall individual, reaching a height of 6'5. Kakashi would have quite a weird style of clothes. It would change quite often. Some would be formal attire. Some would be completely different. His hair looked like a mess, but he liked the look. His expression on his face would show mutual feelings, but mostly happiness. When he talked, he talked with a passion. He never had a simple conversation with someone. He would have an athletic body from the sports he had played in his life and from when he worked out at home. Kakashi plays basketball in his free time. He has a passion for sports and teamwork with others. When you would look at Kakashi up close, you would see that his skin color was clear of anything and looked moisturized.

Kakashi is a unique individual because of how hardworking and outgoing he is. Most people don't like to work with others, but he loves to. He has consistently shown that in sports he has played, such as volleyball and basketball. He treats others how he likes to be treated and is just a fantastic individual.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

He would act seriously, as he would be confident. He would love making conversations to put a good impression on himself. In a professional situation, Kakashi would only speak when it was necessary. Behave like an adult, and be polite as much as possible, which wasn’t difficult for him, as he is a polite individual. In an everyday situation, Kakashi would act like himself. A friendly person with a bit of a talkative side to him.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

Kakashi's outlook on his co-workers is like family. He sees them as a representation of what he wants to be in the future, as he will protect them with his life. Kakashi's also likes to make friends with his co-workers, to get to know them better, so there isn’t much of a gap between them. Teamwork is quite Kakashi's specialty. He has been in sports that involve teamwork, such as volleyball. So he finds teamwork rather attractive and fun. But also relatively easy. He also avoids creating tension between the group so there are no issues that could happen during a crime scene or anything else. This is so everything can run smoothly, with no problems.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?

No. I do not see myself becoming a leader anytime soon. The reason is that I see myself as more of a follower than a leader because I like to learn and observe things to get better at them. To elaborate further, being a follower makes you gain more experience in a type of faction, which then builds you up to become a leader after a long period which is what I am aiming for. So the question, “Do you see yourself as a leader or follower?” I do not - cause I want to learn more about this field to get better at it, be more strategic, and become an official leader.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

June 7th, 1990 - Newborn

Today, a baby was born. Upon childbirth, when the baby was taken, the female had a choice of what to name the baby boy. His name was Kakashi Sasaki, although a baby was born before him, but on the same day. He was his Identical twin, His name would be Kakuzan Sasaki. These two were the pretty standard kids you would see after childbirth. They cried upon seeing the bright lights shine onto their eyes as they would close them, shielding them. They would hear talking from the doctors, but everything seemed muzzled. They couldn’t understand the language as they were just newborns. [10 minutes later] The mother decided she would leave the hospital’s with her baby boys, heading to the car where a newborn baby carriage was already prepared for this situation, in which the mother would place her babies, one on the left side, and one on the right. She strapped them in with the seat belts to ensure their safety. On the way home, there was something off in the car. There wasn’t a father in the passenger seat? And if there was, wouldn’t he be driving? The mother seemed happy but sad. But obviously, the babies couldn’t understand what was wrong as they’re just newborns. But it did look like the father. . abandoned the children. The two baby's cries would soon fade as they started to calm down and get quite tired.

At last, they arrived at their home. The house looked small, only a one-story place, but only three people were living there, so It wasn’t too bad. The mother got out of the car. A slight exhale as she got out of the vehicle, closing it behind her. She would then walk to the back seats, grabbing the handle of one Baby carriage on the right side, carrying the baby carriage out of the car, closing the door after the baby was out of it, and moving to the other side doing the same with the other. She would then start walking up to the door, having both hands occupied as she carried the two. She would gently rest the baby carriages on the ground as she reached the door, reaching into her pocket as she grabbed her keys, unlocking them. She would put her hand onto the doorknob, twisting it as she pushed the door open. The interior would look. . basic, as the breeze would be fresh. She would pick back up the two baby carriages, walking inside, as she placed them down again, turning around to shut the door and lock it. She would turn back around again, picking the baby carriages back up as she walked over to the living room, placing them on the carpet close to the couches, sitting down as an exhale of exhaustion left her mouth. She would look around for a bit, get up, and then go to the kitchen where a bag was left. This bag had baby supplies, newborn pajamas, clothes, diapers, two pacifiers, and more. She would take out the pajamas, as well as the pacifiers. She walked over to the newborn babies, dressing them up with the pajamas, as she would then take the carriers to the bedroom, unbuckling the babies as she placed them in 2 separate bassinets. She would then use one pacifier to put into one newborn baby's mouth, then use the other pacifier to place in the 2nd baby's mouth. She would then go to bed, tucking herself in as she dozed off to sleep.

[Years later. .]

June 10th, 2008 - Midlife
A few days ago, Kakashi turned 18. His birthday was quite. . joyful, but it started getting old. The wealth of his family was getting low. They were starting to get poor. So once Kakashi became 18, he was forced into work. Kakashi worked at a shop down the road. He got paid a couple of yen a day. It was a decent income, but not enough for many things. Instead of immediately spending the yen, he would save it, as his balance in yen started going up. This helped his mother with bills and such, and Kakashi began getting used to working like this. It was stressful as he had to go to work right after school, but he wished he could spend more time at school studying Police-work more often. He found more interest in this subject than in retail shops; it first grabbed his attention in a movie called “The Departed.” This movie excited him when he was young, and he watched it over two times. . quite obsessed. During this time, Kakashi got into volleyball to get quite a work-out each time to stay in his form but also did it to gain experience in teamwork. He found the sport quite fun but also exhausting. He earned a lot of friends from joining this sport, so he doesn’t regret a single thing. He sadly left the mark after a few months.

When Kakashi came back from work, he was exhausted. He wanted to sleep and study Police-work at home and other sources to help him get to know better about it. He hoped he could become a Police Officer in the future after all. His failures to become one wouldn’t push him away from it. It just gave him more of a challenge and motivation to do so. When studying police work, he would stay up until about 2-3 am until finally going to sleep. This was quite the wrong sleep schedule, but he could manage.

July 2nd, 2013 - College

A few weeks ago, Kakashi turned 23. On this day, he enrolled in college to learn more about Criminology and criminal justice. He was doing quite well but was messing up during some classes, but who doesn’t? A few weeks later, he would gain more knowledge of criminology and criminal justice. His mom was starting to get old, as his dad. . Still doesn’t know about him but knows he’s somewhere in the world. However, he wasn’t focused on his father’s whereabouts but more on his mission to become a police officer.

The struggles of college have gotten more and more severe. Kakashi started failing the classes and was getting de-motivated. He would sometimes even not go to school. Until his mom stepped in the room, quite disappointed with his grades, and sat next to him to talk. She would speak in an understanding tone, knowing what he was going through, but Kakashi had none of it. He didn't believe her until she started explaining her past. After telling her she didn't know how it felt, he felt terrible and hugged her and apologized. She explained that even with her failures, she never gave up on her dreams and kept going. She succeeded in her goal and got what she wanted. This motivated Kakashi to chase his dream of becoming a Police officer. He thought, "If she can accomplish her dream, so can I!" So he got out of bed and started studying for his next assignment at school. He struggled, stopping at moments but then continuing as he wrote more and more. He went to school the next day and apologized for not arriving those previous days and said he would make up for it. He came to class and started his assignment and finished it in a matter of 10minutes. He was pretty nervous about grading the assignment, but once he got it, he passed. He was so excited and thanked his mom once he got home. If it weren't for his mother, his grades would have never gotten back to passing, and he thanks her so much to this day.

June 10th, 2022. - Submission.

Today was the day. Kakashi finished college a few days ago and gained a master's degree in criminology and criminal justice. He now thinks he is finally ready to accomplish his dream. Immediately when he woke up, he was all smiling. He rushed out of bed and went to his bathroom to tidy up. He left the door at a fast pace, closing it behind him with a little force. His mom would open the door right after he left, telling him to slow down as he turned and apologized with a little embarrassed look on his face. He then turned around, running towards the KPD, known as the Karakura Police Department, going into the department admiring the interior, asking to make an application as he heard from some people that they’re hiring. He got the papers and then started signing the application. He was pretty nervous but also excited. He wrote his application with honesty and confidence. After finishing his application, he returned to his house anxious, waiting to see if he got accepted.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No. You cannot legally own a pocket knife as it is illegal in the town of Karakura. If you’re to have possession of this item, you will be jailed for Possession of Minor Illegal Weaponry - Which is a bail of 150k.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

Paracetamol | Can only get 5.
Birth Control | Can only get 5
Lactulose | Can only get 5.
Cough Syrup | Can only get 2.
Eyepatch | Can only get 2

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

First, I would start my bodycam if it already wasn’t essential to have evidence of the situation to report it to a higher-up in the faction. I would then walk over to the problem, breaking it up as I would move the co-worker away from the inmate, ashamed of why he would do such a thing. I would then check the inmate for any injuries and if they were stable. If they needed medical assistance, I would call EMS to the location to get them treated. After the situation, I would report it to a higher-up in the Police force with evidence at hand.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

I would start out by scoping out the area to see if others are around. If not, I would jump into the situation immediately, pulling out my taser as I would tase the individual, making them unable to move. I would then cuff the individual and check in on my co-worker to see if any serious injuries have been inflicted on him. If there were any serious injuries, EMS would be contacted immediately.

If more than one person were assaulting my co-worker, I would radio for backup as I would stay my distance, play the defensive more than the offensive, and wait for the backup to arrive before doing anything that involved tasing the individual.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

I would keep a close eye on the co-worker, gathering enough evidence to support the corruption claim against that officer. After enough evidence is assembled, I will contact a higher-up immediately to tell them the news.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

I would not listen to what they’re trying to bribe, but instead fine them for this act as it is a fine-able offense. If they refuse or cannot pay the fine, they will be arrested.

[NOTES]

I am in the basketball team at the moment, if I am to be accepted I will be leaving the team. The captain is aware of this, and he has no problem with it.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the Karakura Police Department! Please make sure to have
a look at the Emergency Discord server for further information.​

Users who are viewing this thread