mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

POLL QUESTION FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS

Should College Classes Be Mandatory or Optional?

• Mandatory

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • Optional

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

Frankie!

Level 26
Frankaphone
Frankaphone
Omega
Hmmm... considering both aspects is difficult however I know it should be mandatory IC of course, but OOC? I mean technically it is in a way, it's just not enforced as much because I mean, people can just go afk and pretend to not be in game to not go to classs... So how do you fix this? honestly no clue. But I think the system works 'okay' as of now.

Birdie

Level 13
if you dont want to join classes then just dont join college, simple as is.
That's not how college works.
You don't always go to every class in college. In fact, High schools are generally more strict about attendances than colleges are because they're responsible for the wellbeing of minors.

In college, you have classes for your major course of study and classes that are electives. It's common for people to skip electives (and even their other classes). People often prioritize classes required for their major over electives, and skip one class while attending another in the same day.
You feel sick? You stay home/in your dorm. You decide that the class is stupid and a waste of your time? you stay home/in your dorm. There's an emergency? You're an adult, and you know how to prioritize things in your life. You fall into the good 'ol college depression? You get the idea.

The only thing holding you, as an adult college student, accountable to classes is your grades and GPA. Not a professor or faculty member dragging you by the ear to class. Besides, IRL, many people can and do pass their classes by turning in assignments, despite neglecting their attendance.

I know that for a Minecraft roleplay, it would be silly to expect or try for 1-to-1 realism in any area.
And I know that for Karakura, there are small high school-sized classrooms for the college classrooms, instead of large lecture halls that may host classes of over 100 students. So it is believable for professors to care about attendance ICly to some extent.
But it is absolutely hog wild that you could have a college character who ICly studies Art or Humanities, but they have to attend a Traumatology class because it's the only class that's active at the time.

If there were a tuition fee for Karakura's college program, the majority of the time spent on the campus would be an insane waste of time and money because of the system of mandatory college classes.

(I do think there's a way to have college classes be mandatory and effective from both an IC and OOC perspective, but I'll save that for a proper suggestion forum)

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
As a professor; I think classes being mandatory is extremely important due to the fact that as it is, we get less people in our classes than needed. Along with this; there is less students in college than Highschool, so while highscool teachers usually end up with a full class no matter the time; we only get half of that on a good day, and only a full class rarely.

As a college student; there is only repercussions ICly so it isn't too much of an issue. While sometimes it can get annoying, it's really fun most of the time to join these classes if ya got the right professor for it

MayoMan

Level 18
MayoGulper
MayoGulper
Notable
I'd say optional as college itself, before you join it you choose the classes u want, and it's not like that in SRP, u have to go to EVERY class but in reality, they should make it where the students who pass the colleges exams choose from 2 classes of their choice, and then Maths and English

Users who are viewing this thread