PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?: P0L4RS

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?: poloroidss

List your timezone and country: Jamaica, EST GMT -5

Describe your activity:
Around the summer of 2022, i took a long break from this server as i wanted to focus on other things, my activity has picked up ever since i got back into the server around the beginning of July 2023, as I've finished high school and do plan to pick up on some skill learning i simply play school RP in my spare time

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below: N/A

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

What is your motivation to apply for the reporter?:
I was a reporter back when it when re-introduced in 2021, during this time i was a reporter for a few months until i eventually left, during this time i had tasked myself to write unique and outstanding reports on the crime aspect of school but due to the standards that were set back then I wasn't able to do so, now that I've looked back at my past reports i know exactly what i was missing, now that I've had a second chance to try it again i do believe this time i will execute my plans perfectly.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I'm more of a storyteller if anything, coming up with different aspects of Lore, characters, and scripts to fully tie a story together is what I do best, I mainly enjoy the character creation aspect of this, giving them the proper backstories that are unique along with the design if them, as well as reasoning into certain things they do, is always what stands out to me the most, this isn't just limited to characters as it can be done for other things such as organizations, gangs, and factions. Creating the right story behind why these things happen and pushing a narrative is something i do best and try to develop even past my capabilities

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?: Yes

Why should we accept you over others?: While having written a few reports myself I'm looking to do something unique with what I've learned over the years as well as learning new things, what i do believe makes me stand out is what I'm willing to dedicate to this role or any role i plan to apply for, I haven't had many roles on the server itself but Reporter is one i think i will enjoy the most and dedicate most to.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.) Yes

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
While finding things to report on may be difficult for others i will try my best to push out consistent reports while ensuring quality

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:
A reporter keeps you informed, up to date on what's happening or any ongoing stories, while ensuring the necessary information is pushed out to the players it's their job to ensure that events, changes or updates in order to ensure the current story of Karakura is kept documented for new generations of players.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name: Goro Tachitsu

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr) Sir

Current Age (25+): 30

Past job/work experience: I didn't have any official job titles in Karakura and mainly worked in shops.

Degree/qualifications: Majors in Japanese literature

Nationality and born location: Shirakawago, Japan
Phone Number: 030-270-2720

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I would say I'm keen, determined to get any job done at any cost, While i am a creative writer i try not to stand out as much as everyone else does, that just draws too much attention and useless interactions, what i do like to see are new creative innovations that haven't been done before, Simple things are the ones that stand out the most to me as they're usually overlooked by everything else trying to outshine each other. That is basically the way i think and i have no problem with people who think otherwise

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
It's nothing new that Karakura is know for it's very high crime rate, while i will have to write about other things eventually focusing on the crime aspect of Karakura is what i find my specialty, making sure everyone is kept safe and weary with these reports while documenting the interesting ways of the criminals of the city i do believe it will also assist in helping the Karakura Police Department weigh down on these Gangsters with the information I've gathered from my research.

What are your expectations for the job?:
I know being a reporter is quite the dangerous jib especially in Karakura, having to mind the different groups you might make enemies with will definitely be a hassle, at the same time i do expect to learn quite a lot from this job as it's one of the very few that let you freely explore what it's like in this position as well as finding out about new things while doing research on certain topics, it is a learning opportunity for me and will let me grow a reputation amongst the people in this city which will help me in my future endeavors

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
N/A

Fluent Languages (Underline your native): Japanese English

PROMPTS:

KARAKURA NEWS
KARAKURA’S RUINS

To no one’s surprise, there are many unused and abandoned spaces that take up quite a lot of space in Karakura and act as criminal hideouts or hotspots for illegal activities. In this report, we dive into the different unused locations around the city and suggest some uses for them.​

Karakura's Powerplant
Let’s start off with the most obvious one, the Powerplant, located at the abandoned tunnel. This place is like hunting grounds for criminals and home to gang conflicts, it’s gotten to the point where ‘caution signs had to be put up, and that’s not for the possible radiation poisoning you could get as it blew up 2 times! I have absolutely no idea why it hasn’t been demolished yet as it is a hazard to anyone even passing by it, it’s scouted by KPD more than anywhere else in the city, Photos below show the area in it’s ruined state, the outside is an absolute mess! The inside isn’t as bad but is as much of a hazard

Masamaru Station
Next off we have the abandoned train station, located under the church/graveyard. previously known as the Masamaru Station. This area has been around for quite some time and goes under the radar of many pretty easily. It's obviously unstable and could collapse any minute, gang tags everywhere, taking up alot of useful space, if replaced this area could be turned into something like a dunker. Storm shelter but large enough to fit the city, Karakura attracts alot of disasters so this wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Masamaru Station

OLD MECHANIC

this area has been renovated, destroyed, replaced so many times it's hard to keep count! s why did it stop here? the word says a gang used to run this turf, what makes it worse is that it's located right beside the Club Lux! maybe the owner let it stay there for suspicious reasons? who knows, i know this could definitely be turned into something more useful like an actual garage and not an old run-down mechanic shop.

OLD LABRATORY?
This odd looking area is quite large on the inside, nothing works and it's definitely been there for a long time, though no one uses it, getting access is pretty difficult as there's another entrance somewhere else in the sewers, not even the criminals of Karakura can get access to it, with its massive volume it can easily be turned into something like a check point for the sewers, multiple doors with different directions, even a map of the place

INTERVIEW

KARAKURA NEWS
Hello, Karakura, looks like it's that time of the week! another news day, what are we talking about this time? well we have an interview with
Kazuki Bushido, who claims to be an old swordsman from a faraway village, maybe we can learn some things eh?

For this interview, Bushido will tell us about his history and his ways as a swordsman, along with what he thought of Karakura while being here.

Goro Tachitsu
''Well, Mr. Bushida, I'll fill you in on how this works, in modern days people come up here to
talk about different topics, for example, I have you up here speaking about yourself and your culture,
so all you have to do is answer questions I ask you with what you feel would be appropriate, does that make sense?''

Kazuki Bushida
''Yes! That seems very clear, I'm guessing this will be released for the public to see? if so hello Karakura! this is Kazuki Bushida from Shikoku Island!''

Goro Tachitsu
''Well shall we begin? first i'll ask you, how long have you been a 'swordsman' before and what was it like living like one? I'm sure you have very interesting
stories on your training and things like that. On top of that Shikoku island is quite a beautiful place with some nice mountains! what can you say about that?''

Kazuki Bushida
''Yes yes! Shikoku is my homeland i me and my brother lived up in the mountains most of our lives, it was apart of our training process,
becoming a swordsman isn't as easy as picking up a sword and swinging it around, It takes years to perfect your style, I'm currently thirty years old and I've been training since i was around five years old! it's only normal for my family tradition, and we not only wield swords but other weapons as well!''

Goro Tachitsu
''Five years old?! that's a really long time! that means you must be very skilful in what you do! honestly it takes dedication to commit to something
for that long, tell me what foes have you encountered while being a swordsman of your class, and which do you think was the hardest one?''

Kazuki Bushida
''Let me think... ah yes! i've faught many foes and even experienced some wars! sometimes we'd use swords and sometimes we used other hand held weapons such as Naginata's, HellBirds and regular spears! i'd say my strongest foe i ever faced would be my older brother! he's way more experienced and stronger, faster too..
he taught me everything i needed to know about swordsman ship and its traditions after i got older,''

Goro Tachitsu
''Your brother? that does seem interesting, why did you and your brother decide to become swordsman in the first place? you say its family tradition,
is it normal for the men in your family to take up that role? and how long has this tradition been going?''

Kazuki Bushidsa
''Yes! the tradition has been going on for quite sometime, since the eighteen hundreds! our family lineage comes from very strong
swordsmen so the next generation becomes better than the last, but i am afraid that that tradition might not live on,
due to the modernization of Japan and the new laws put in place against concealed weapons it is quite difficult to survive as a swordsman.''

Goro Tachitsu
''Oh.. that is very unfortunate, that transitions us to our next segment, what do you look of modern day Japan? you say you were isolated from industrial revolutions
and all of that, i cant imagine not being able to do what you have to because of the sudden changes, if you had any what solutions
have you came up with to battle this unbeatable foe of yours?''

Kazuki Bushida
''I forgot to mention that me and my brother are vagabonds, we travel around the world to different rural areas and that's how we avoided this modern revolution.
and because we are Vagabonds we don't plan to stay in Karakura for long, as you know it's stained with the blood of the innocent and plagued by corruption, it's sad to see but its not the only city like this, this is the only way we can keep going as swordsmen really.'

Goro Tachitsu
''Well that does seem like your best bet, i do sympathize with you on your current issues and do wish you luck on whatever decisions you decide to make, and i think this is a good way to end off this interview aswell, Thank you for joining us Mr. Bushida and thank YOU for joining us Karakura!

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:
  • Please get in touch with me via Discord @Aania to start the process and get you set up!​

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread