Accepted Poseter | Maths Teacher Application

Poseter

Level 12
Poseter
Poseter
Omega+

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

Poseter is my main account however I do use Kritiqual as an alt.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

Yes, theo 테오#8977.

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes, however talking is not something I feel very comfortable with doing.

How old are you? (Optional):

16 years old.

What is your time zone?:

CST.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes, I do acknowledge that if I am inactive I will be demoted.

Describe your activity on the server:

Before I used to be daily active but now since I have a real life job, activity is a bit harder to keep stable. My activity is lower than before however, I am active quite often and tend to log on even if it's just for a few minutes or for an event. Due to it being the summer as well, more free time is on my shoulders. However, when school does begin to start up again, my free time will be even lower to due my studies.

Do you have any previous bans?:

Yes, I had a 10 day ban at the beginning of 2023.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Poseter Art Teacher Application | Denied

Poseter Ban Appeal | Denied

Poseter Korean Application |
Accepted

Poseter Korean Application | Denied

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

I am currently a college student with a bachelor's degree.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I am applying to be a math teacher, however, I am looking to teach Algebra 1.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

Motivation isn't something simple, especially when it comes to being a teacher. My motivation is wanting to understand the learning abilities of real people. I have taught Algebra 1 virtually before and have no problems with it. Students all have different ways of learning and that's what I want to understand. My motivation isn't simple, it's not just me wanting to teach a subject that I love, it's me wanting to understand the abilities and mindsets of others. I want to be able to learn more about people so I can put that knowledge forth to bigger areas such as real life teaching. Even if it's just tutoring, allowing myself to know the different speeds as to what my students will learn will make my life a whole lot easier later when I do actually teach and tutor students. I'm already coming up with ideas as to how I will figure things out, especially when students come at random times during school. Some come during 3rd period, some come during 4th, and some come in the middle of a random lesson they've never learned before. Especially learning students who are younger and haven't actually had a chance to learn Algebra at all. It makes me want to help those so that in their real life studies, it can be made simpler for them and actually had a hand at something that may be difficult or harder for some to learn.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

Yes, I understand that I am applying for the teacher role of an Unqualified Teacher, and if my application is accepted that I will have to undergo teacher training.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

The logs are for the teachers to log their classes so they can get their quota for the month. This allows SLT and Admins to know the inactivity, activity, and paychecks of their employees. These logs will tell how many people were in the class, how long it lasted, and of course who taught it. They also show what happened during the class, allowing everyone to get an insight of what happened in case of an emergency. Teachers must complete at least 10 classes to get their quota for the month.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Class rules should be made based on the teacher and how strict they feel they need to be. Classroom rules may not always be in favor of the students but they always make sure the student is/feels safe. Class rules should motivate the students to do the right thing without any hiccups, but even in times when students are not very rule following, there should be consequences that are known and aware to the students. They should be made simple but explanatory. Classroom rules should also apply to the type of class that is being taught.

Rule 1: Be ready and respective.

Being ready and respective allows for much to be done. It is self-explanatory and there is no need to explain it. However, this rule explains that you need to be respectful to all. Being respectful towards classmates and the teacher shows you are ready to learn and are actually putting the effort into the class that you came for. Students should always be doing their best when it comes to learning and showing that you are putting effort into it allows for better teaching and smaller problems. This rule also follows along with the actual school rules. So this means no masks, fighting, weapons, instruments, music, or any other disruptions that may come up. The classroom is a learning space not and concert room.

Rule 2: Sit and silence.

Silence doesn't always mean being completely silent. It just means to be quieter to allow your teacher to actually teach. Sitting is self-explanatory, there is no reason to get up from your seat unless asked. Following rule 2 shows you are following rule 1. There is no need to be loud as everyone in the class can definitely hear you. There is no harm in sitting next to your friend and whispering the latest drama to them without disturbing the rest of the class. Moving may distract others and may even put pressure on them. Students can get distracted and earn secondhand embarrassment from students who just do what they please.

Rule 3: All attention with opportunity.

All attention to the teacher gives you the opportunity to be more involved. Students who are completely discouraged to do their work won't get the same freedom as someone who's been paying attention all class as it's not fair to those who do pay attention. Those who pay attention will know what they need to do and will not need to ask twice. Allowing all attention towards the teacher means you are learning and giving the others the opportunity to listen as well. No student should be pushed out, all should be available to ask for help if they need it.

Rule 4: Your best is better.

Students should always put forth their best efforts even if there is not much there to put forth. Motivation is key to wanting to learn and achieve personal and overall goals. Whether this is someone wanting to learn how to fit in or someone wanting to learn how to simply use a pencil. Those who do not put their best efforts into learning don't learn, and they struggle with further instructions. Like said in the previous rule, students should all get the opportunity to learn, and putting in your best efforts allows that in any case scenario.

The overall rules should always be, be respective, listen, and learn.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

Roleplaying has always been my favorite thing to do in my life. I've always wanted to be a part of something and give those who are struggling a reason to continue roleplaying. As for myself personally, I have been roleplaying for quite some time now. I will admit it, I started off roleplaying in 5th grade on Roblox. I roleplayed with my friends in a place that had a few houses and a school. There was always drama in the group and looking back it feels funky the way we roleplayed. Later I started playing Hypixel Housing when I got my first Java MC account. This is where tiny roleplays would take place, I would give up and leave then all over again. None of them really stuck with me. At around the start of the summer of 2022, I joined SRP for the first time. I really just looked like a noob, I had no experience with reality based roleplaying and the commands just confused me. When I actually began to understand how to roleplay, it gave me the chance to be better at it. Thinking back to before, 2022 me would never believe I am writing an application for a Math teacher. Expanding my roleplay experience is something I've always wanted to do and SRP allowed me to gain more experience in roleplay. Learning terms, getting confused about terms, asking questions, and nearly quitting so many times, here I am with in my opinion the best experience in roleplay I've ever had.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD

↳ Meaning:

Head of Department

↳ Description:

This teacher is in charge of a whole faction or a certain department. Teachers who would have things they'd need to say would go to their HD. They look over their department(s) to make sure there are no hiccups. They are teachers who are proven to show leadership and acknowledgment. These teachers have the highest authority in their department, and for example, the math HD, the head department would be the highest rank in the math department.

- QT

↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher

↳ Description:

These teachers are no longer in need of training. They are one step above the newly qualified teacher as they are no longer in need of special care. These teachers have been around longer than the rest and have a larger knowledge of.. well everything. These teachers have more experience in teaching and have more freedom. They are the highest teaching rank however are not quite an HD.

- NQT

↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description:

These teachers have become official teachers. They aren't quite new to the teaching world as they are just done with training. These teachers are not fully qualified due to them just being done with their training. These teachers need more experience in teaching but do not need training to continue with their teaching. These teachers can actually teach classes alone without the supervision of the principal.

- UT

↳ Meaning:

Unqualified teacher

↳ Description:

These teachers have just been hired! They need to experience training even if they already have had training. These teachers are trained to be a good fit for their subject, but can not host classes. The principal needs to see them in their spotlight to be able to see whether or not they are a good fit for their next step, newly qualified teaching. During this role, it is good for these teachers to spectate classes to get an idea of what they want their lessons to look like.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in and out of the game should always follow the procedure, conduct, and develop mindset.

Procedure:

Procedure means to strategize the way you are teaching. You are going to want to create an atmosphere that you have the intention of teaching a certain way. Teachers guide students in a path that the student themselves take even if the teacher does not know what path the student is taking. Every little bit of planning a teacher will do may affect the way a student lives their life. They are to understand a student's skills to learn and perform. They are to find the little bits that a student gives, such as a learning problem, a listening problem, or anything along those lines. Teachers should provide help and support to the students at all times and should follow a procedure that they have made for themselves. Teachers should always have their students in mind and should always feel the need that what they are doing may not be enough for some students and should always plan a backup procedure. This goes for all teachers, in an out of the game.

Conduct:

Conducting doesn't always mean making sure everyone is following a path. Conducting means allowing management to take place. Management means change and overlooking, it means to see the problems and to be able to fix them. Teachers should be able to take sight of a problem and fix it immediately or even just over time. Some problems take time to fix and may not always have an easy solution. Teachers need to guide a student in the right direction even if that teacher does not know the right direction for the student. A direction doesn't always mean one, a direction can turn, swift, zigzag, and even turn around and loop! Conduction can change a lot especially if you set it up that way. Allowing yourself to show the students what they may be having a hard time with can allow you to be upfront about a problem and change it. The problem may not always be the student, the problem may even be the teacher, however, a teacher should be able to understand that the way they are teaching or conducting may not be the best way to do so. Allowing change can fix problems and have a better insight into a solution.

Develop:

Developing means you are changing one's mind to be better. Development in anything means you are working on a way to fix or build. Development can be put on hold and can even be fixed when there is a problem that has occurred. Preparation should always be the number one for development. You can't go into anything without a plan or else it may fumble to the ground. A plan should be easy to follow and it should be able to be altered. Once you have a procedure, you can put it into action and conduct it, and then the development process begins. Teachers need to have motivation and be willing to actually do so. You need to change the way you teach if it's not correct, and even if you have a plan and are conducting it, it doesn't always mean development is taking place. You can always begin, restart, change, and end. There is no stopping the loop until the student completes and achieves their goal.

Salary:

Teachers all across the world have different salaries. Even in SRP! All teachers earn a maximum of ¥500,000 per month. However, certain teachers earn and certain base pay for completing their quota of 10 classes. NQT's earn ¥350,000. QT's earn ¥400,000, and so on. Every 5 classes after the 10 completed quota, the teacher will receive a ¥50,000 on top of the paycheck, but as stated they can only gain a maximum amount of ¥500,000. Teachers also can only teach 4 classes a day so reaching the quota should be no problem.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

None other than the reason being in the name of the server! Without teachers, SchoolRP would not be SchoolRP. Teachers do the most for the name, as if we had no teachers there would be no point and it would just be a City RP. Teaching is a significant job and without them, the whole point of the server would be no more. They give a reason to be on the school campus as otherwise, students would have no reason to continue staying on campus.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

I am unfamiliar with the system but am willing to learn the lesson planning system. As to what I have learned, it is called MosCow which stands for Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have!

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Byungho Lee, otherwise known as Benny, is a very patient and kind man. His last name has changed quite a few times from Laresca.. to Lee... To Garcia.. to Lee! He is a very chill guy who wants everyone to look at him as a person they inspire. He wants to show that he knows a lot! He loves teaching others about things they wouldn't have, such as sports. He is very athletic but he is kind! Some athletes are known to be jocks or mean but he wants to show not all athletics are that way! He may not have thought much about his future until he felt he wanted to teach people about things he has enjoyed. He wants students to learn in a fun way because sitting in classes is not fun for him, so he wants to change that and make it fun! Benny is 6'4 and may continue to grow, but he seems to be staying the same height. He may seem tough on the first encounter but is most definitely not that way!

He has always had a different mindset from everyone else. He's always focused on what's wrong and what's right. Seeing others do stupid things makes him regret ever listening into the conversation. He wants to learn more about people and their behaviors but he wants to do it in a calm way, not a way that may get him in trouble. Following the rules is something he's always done however just because there are good people out there doesn't mean they are always good. He has done bad things in his life but he's always regretted it thinking that if he continued or did worse, then what would have happened and where would he be now?

Benny's plan for the future was always short of thought. He wanted his life to take him wherever it would take him. This is hard for him because he wants to be dedicated to many things. He wants to get better and show and brag to others. He made dumb decisions just like everyone else and it's affected his future certainly, but it doesn't mean it'll change him as a person. His thoughts are his thoughts and only his. He's always had an interest in being in the position of the teacher, standing in front of students, all eyes on him, and letting them feel the relief of actually understanding. He loved getting up in front of the students when there was an opportunity to act or demonstrate something. He wanted to make everyone laugh and feel that they made the right decision to be there. He wanted to make his classmates know who he was even if they never were to have another interaction.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Byungho would make sure he was the bigger person in this situation. If he were to hear swearing, he'd know it wasn't just affecting him, it'd be affecting other students as well. Especially if it was during a period. Byungho would approach the group, first showing them that he is asserting dominance and that he should be listened to, or else there'd be consequences. Byungho would calm the situation down, making sure to be a safe distance away from each student in case any were to get angry with him. He'd begin to ask how to lead to the situation whether it was a fight or a disagreement. He'd make sure the situation wasn't leading anywhere and was not escalating. He'd make sure to remind the students that what they were doing was not allowed in the walls of the school, and also remind them that there could be students studying. He'd allow them to know their rights as a student, but not take it too far and abuse them.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

Although Benny is patient, there can be sometimes when it's tested. In his classroom, he makes known that rule 2 is to sit and be silent enough for the teacher to teach. He'd make sure that the problem at hand wasn't himself, and if it was, he'd change the way he approached this situation.

If it was the students who choose not to listen, he'd take a more assertive approach. He'd begin by showing who is the teacher in the room by raising his voice but not to the point of yelling but to the point of direction. If the students calm down, he'd thank them for listening and even maybe give them an award to show it's good to listen. However, if the students still are acting like monkeys, he'd begin to get a little more strict. He'd find the main problem whether it's two or more students arguing or just someone refusing to quiet down. If someone is refusing to quiet down, he'd tell them he may kick them out of the class if it continues, however, if they do, he'd tell them to sit down and see him after class so he can tell the student if they were to do it again, he won't give them a warning next time. If it is two students fighting, he'd go to the students and ask them what was going on. He'd then regrettably threaten the students with detention if they did not listen and sit down. In fact, he'd tell them to sit away from each other. Fighting is not allowed in his classroom and he doesn't take it lightly.

If the students are not listening due to his selfishness, he'd make sure he knew that was the issue. He'd want to get them back on track by doing something the students would enjoy. He'd know whether that was leaving the classroom or not learning. Taking a break from learning every so often is no big issue. He'd say they can take a few minute's breaks or play a little game. Of course, it'd need to be Math related, however, he'd try to make it fun for the students. He'd fix the problem by making it better for the students, not himself.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Byungho would definitely take a small nap if he could any time. Even if it's just resting his eyes. If he wasn't feeling tired or there was a chance he could do some work, he'd get right to it. He's at work and he's there to do work, so why not get something done? He'd check his assignments and make sure there are no mistakes.. he tends to make them a lot. He'd organize papers, grade assignments, and maybe jot notes down of certain students or classes. Byungho doesn't really like to read as much as he used too, however when he does he likes to take his notebook and draw whatever scene he's reading. If there were other teachers in there, he'd conversate so he could get to know his coworkers. Maybe he could even plot to give them a little gift? Who knows!

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

Introduction: /me would stand up in front of his board, tall and proud. He'd wipe off any excess chalk on the board and turn to his students. &f"Hello, everyone I hope you are having a lovely day today. I hope we have no problems in the future and we all get along. My name is Mr. Lee, and I hope to address you students as you wish." &uHe smiled as he turned around writing his name on the chalkboard. &f"I hope to leave a good impression and don't want to force you guys into work on my first day, so why not a game?" &uHe smiled as he looked at the students waiting for their response.

Putting students back on track: /me would look at the students and notice they are lost. He chuckled to himself but raised his voice for the class to hear. &f"Any questions can be asked even if it's a dumb question, but I bet no one can ask a dumb question." &uHe'd smile to himself knowing many students would attempt to ask the dumbest question this planet could give someone. He took out the chalk from behind and turned around as the students began to ask the questions. &f"I'll write any dumb question on the board that I hear." &uHe chuckled, freezing completely.

Plan time: /me would take out his notebook and open to a new clean page and plop it in front of him. He'd yawn a little bit but grab a pen and begin writing some notes. He'd write previous class notes, future references, and ideas for future lessons. He'd grab a cookie that was laying on the table and snack on it while he wrote down some notes. He was so focused that he wouldn't even notice a fly. He pushed the crumbs of the cookie off the table and his notebook while he continued to write with his pen. He wrote down any and all ideas that came to his mind so the paper looked jumbled, but at least he understood it.

Disciplining a student: /me would look at the student in their face, disappointed with their behavior. His face could clearly be shown as bitter. He'd stand up front the student, looking down at them at their seat. &f"Have anything to say for yourself?" &uHe'd ask before hushing the student. He'd be as quiet as a mouse but his face said everything. Byungho would place a paper on the student's desk with a pen in front of him. He'd write a problem. &f"Solve this problem 5 times." &uHe said as he walked away, continuing his lesson as normal.

Backstory

Byungho Lee, otherwise known as Benny in most cases, was born on May 5th, 1996, in Seoul, South Korea. Currently, he stands 6'4 tall but won't be growing any taller. But with all this height, comes all these problems. Benny's life has always been chaotic but not the chaos you'd be thinking. Was he shot? Was he abused? No, in fact, he's never been shot. Only stabbed. Some may think Benny's life is not suitable for some, but Benny thinks his life was way calmer than any life that lives in Karakura.

As a child, Benny grew up with a loving family. Although he moved quite often. He was born in Seoul, South Korea, and lived there for a few years of his life before moving to America for quite some time. Although during this period Benny never picked up on any English. This time in America only lasted for a few years, though. For Benny's studies, he was homeschooled most of the time. In and out of school due to his language barrier. He was struggling with both languages so he gave up on English. When Benny moved back to Korea, an incident happened that would change his life forever. This incident would go unmarked in his life and he'd tried to forget but whenever he saw fire, he remembered every last detail in flashbacks.

To put it nicely, Benny's entire family was nearly killed by his own father. Benny was only just 12 when this happened. His younger brother was 10, and his twin sisters were 8. He had a baby brother as well who was just under 3 years old. For a few nights in a row, his father had gone missing and never even told anyone in the family what he was doing. In fact, they'd never find out. During the night, Benny was sleeping soundly only until his little brother, Jaelin, shook his body to wake him up. Suddenly, the smell of smoke filled Benny's lungs as he sat up. He immediately was terrified and ran out of the house. He turned around when he didn't see his siblings, only his psychotic mother out on the street with the sirens only just a few blocks away. He nearly ran back into the house when he saw Jaelin run out of the house with his twin sisters. Benny questioned where their baby brother was but soon it was too late. The house engulfed in flames, blew up with his baby brother still inside. The 4 who were standing just a few feet away from the front door went flying and nearly flew 20 feet. His sisters landed in the grass however Jaelin and Benny landed on the street, but it only gave them minor injuries. Jaelin already had a few burn marks. Their mother screamed their baby brother's name as the firefighters arrived. The house was completely blown into pieces. Benny now only remembers the screams of Jaelin, his mother, and his two sisters while he stayed silent knowing there was nothing he could do. They only figured out it was his father once they caught him and questioned him later.

After the incident happened and they were all released from the hospital with only minor injuries, all 5 of them moved into Benny's grandmother's house. They lived there for a few years until Benny decided he wanted to go and study abroad in Japan. He heard about Karakura and the wildest adventures it seemed to bring its residents. He knew his grandmother knew Japanese so to start learning it, he went to her first. His grandmother taught him many different words, manners, and how to be polite. It didn't take him long to learn as much as he needed to before moving to Karakura. It was an experience, to say the least.

During Benny's stay, he had many incidents with many people. Such as being an outcast, then joining clubs and teams. Benny has always had a love for exercise as he wants to make his body the way he wanted it, with abs and muscles. He had a few broken bones here and there but that didn't stop him when his body changed a little. He'd had a lot of bad experiences that negatively affected his body but he always kept going. He joined track thinking it would be fun, but in his mindset, it really wasn't so he knew that if he were to teach, it definitely wouldn't be PE. He thought about teaching in his fantasies but never really thought it'd come true. That was until he had to pick his major in college. In a panic, he had gotten a major in education but wanted to do something on the side so he wouldn't get bored with his major. He studied mathematics on the side but when he got his associate's degree in math, he switched his minor to arts & design. He got his bachelor's in education and finished his bachelor's in Arts & Design. With his love for all things math, art, and teaching, he wanted to combine them all together, because what's this knowledge used for if he doesn't use it in the real world? He applied to different schools around the area but didn't get accepted but even if he did, it didn't last very long, however, his last chance was Karakura.. his childhood school!

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Byungho Lee

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

Mr

Given Name(s):

Lee

Preferred Name:

Benny

Age (Minimum is 27):

Male

Religious Denomination:

Atheist

Marital Status:

Single

Nationality:

Korean

Current Location:

Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

1 1/2

Academic Degree:

Associates & Bachelors

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):

Education

Minors:

Arts & Design and Mathematics.

Native Languages: Korean
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: N/A

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread