IGN:
OYOL

DATE:
15/3/23

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR
MENTION:

Changes to rule 8.5a.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
So you don't have to check yourself what rule 8.5a is, here it is: "You cannot bait police officers into leaving the station by purposely luring them out of the station by committing a crime (e.g. wearing a mask and using a weapon in front of the police station). This is a loose rule, however, a staff member is free to decide whether or not a certain action baits a police officer." I can't necessarily think of any reasons as to why it is an issue using items, taunts, whatever it may be, to bait officers out of the station, as long as you have an IC motive to do so. I understand that it is a 'loose rule', but I don't understand why it is a rule in the first place. Now, as for fear role-play, you should not commit crimes to do so, however what's the issue with items such as masks and doing it verbally. Making this suggestion, the only thing that I can think of is that a character could be possessing an illegal item, or they should fear the possible outcome, therefore disallowing baiting.

Below will show an example of when I think it could be allowed:

Players 1 and 2 enters the police station. They see their target at the front desk alone, both entering with the pure reason to lure, 'bait', the officer out of the station. Said officer demands them to face the wall, and they do so. They then run away, possibly making the officer go after them. The officer is lured to a location where players 1 and 2 assault said officer.

This is just a rough example I came up with that would go against the rule, by book, however, it is stated it is 'loose' and can be decided by staff. But to me that example is baiting and described what the rule says not what to do perfectly. I also understand an officer, more than likely, would not chase them in this case, instead following on CCTV and calling for backup, however, it's the idea that matters since it is a mistake that could very well be made by an officer.

I'd like to hear other people's views on this since I can't necessarily think of anything else, and I am unsure if that is enough reasoning for the rule to stay in place or not. This is more of a discussion than me arguing that it should be completely changed, since I am unsure in that regard.

Last edited:

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
The reason why this rule is in place is because people abuse the fact that there is one officer online (their target) by looking at the leaderboard (metagaming). Regardless, it should always be assumed that the police station is full of officers whether you see any on the leaderboard or not. Normally, a criminal will not try to major/kill a cop if there is backup, which it SHOULD be assumed since you're right outside the police station (you know, the place where officers work). So, as far as I can see, the rule is fine as it stands, and even if you think a certain situation is iffy, it's directly stated in the rule that a staff member may confirm whether something baits an officer or not.

However, other ways of baiting are allowed; you may "call-bait," which is the act of luring an officer to a certain place by saying there is some sort of emergency there. You just can't do things that are like the example in rule 8.5a

OYOL

Level 12
The reason why this rule is in place is because people abuse the fact that there is one officer online (their target) by looking at the leaderboard (metagaming). Regardless, it should always be assumed that the police station is full of officers whether you see any on the leaderboard or not. Normally, a criminal will not try to major/kill a cop if there is backup, which it SHOULD be assumed since you're right outside the police station (you know, the place where officers work). So, as far as I can see, the rule is fine as it stands, and even if you think a certain situation is iffy, it's directly stated in the rule that a staff member may confirm whether something baits an officer or not.

However, other ways of baiting are allowed; you may "call-bait," which is the act of luring an officer to a certain place by saying there is some sort of emergency there. You just can't do things that are like the example in rule 8.5a
Thank you for explaining further

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
no, but only because it has something to do with cops and or gangrp, idk i didn't read the suggestion past the first few lines

cho0ii

Level 169
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

The main two reasons why this is in place is so players can't bait officers out of the police station to either run, be searched, attempt to flee and the possibility of being tazed comes into play. Once being tazed the player will automatically gain permissions on that officer. This is to prevent unnecessary perm baiting on officers, as players who are involved with crimeRP want to kill officers often for the bragging or to gain reputation among the community or gang, as they consider it a big thing. A second reason is to prevent the possibility of item mugging. For example:

Player A comes to the police station with the intention of retrieving a baton, they lure Cop B out by wearing a mask and attempt to attack, which is where the will most likely take out their baton. Upon doing this player A takes the advantage and tries to steal the baton, succeeding and fleeing from the area.

And technically, they can claim that they mugged the item out of self defense, turns into a whole situation and then you have to call on staff to sort out the situation.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Reasons stated above. Assuming your character doesn't want to be caught, walking up to the kpd and baiting out an officer seems like the last thing they'd do...

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
If you really want to "bait" an officer, there are other ways to do it other than pulling out a weapon in front of the police department. I'm not going to state specific examples since I don't really want to promote IC damage towards by own faction, but you can ask many experienced players (or staff) about past attempts at trying to lure officers outside. Also, bait 110 calls are allowed and it's a way safer way to carry this plan out without having to be reckless with your character

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread