Higher than average

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
No

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Caretaker

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
A caretaker for schools is similar to a custodian since they have basic tasks of patrolling the halls, classrooms, etc to make sure that the area is clean and safe. They typically hold tasks that are short enough to be lumped along with others like cleaning, making repairs, basic security, and making reports. Caretakers also need to be somewhat social since they need to be able to work with the entire staff team instead of working alone. Overall, caretakers need to have multiple abilities and patience to work all around the school depending on the task.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve been casually roleplaying for years, but specifically 1.5 years on SRP. I’ve jumped around and done various versions of RP within the community like sportsrp, gangrp, etc.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Latin language application | accepted

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
_prozy [21] [College] [M] [Cheerleader]
seplophobia [14] [Grade 8]

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

He would remain calm and keep a somewhat deadpan expression as he politely asked the student to stop. If they continued he would give another warning, except this time sterner with a mention of detention. If it got past the point of three warnings he would give them detention.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
He would enter the situation while keeping a safe distance to avoid getting harmed since it’s safer than intervening. He would verbally warn the students fighting in hopes to de-escalate the situation enough to finally step in. If the students were injured, he would send them to the nurse and take the time to hear both sides along with any extra input from witnesses or other staff. Finally, he would send them to detention either during breaktime or after school if they were well enough to attend.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
If he witnessed an inappropriate action, he would contact a higher-up about the situation. If the employee was acting in a way that caused immediate danger, he would approach them in an attempt to persuade them against doing said actions. After removing the immediate danger, he would then report them to a higher up.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
He would remain quiet and usually only speak when spoken to. He doesn’t hate social interaction but wouldn’t actively pursue conversation or casual interactions. He would also do whatever he needed to do within the break room somewhat quickly just to get back to whatever task he was working on beforehand.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
walked along the hall with his gaze swapping from the floor to the students walking around, checking for anything out of place or areas that needed to be cleaned.
/me nodded to the passing individual with a friendly grin, pausing to see if there was a situation he needed to step in on.
/me noticed the crowd of students standing around the back entrance of the school, stepping up to them with a calm tone. “Remember to stay on campus grounds and be in class.” He continued on with brief glances towards the hopefully departing group.

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):
Jack Denvers
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Preferred Name: Jack

Age (Minimum is 25): 25
Religious Denomination: Episcopalian
Marital Status: Widowed

Academic Degree: Master’s degree
Year of Graduation: 2017
Major(s): Literature
Minors: Music

Nationality: American
Current Location: Karakura, Japan
Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese, Latin, Sign language (Japanese)

Backstory
Jack Denvers, commonly referred to as JD, grew up as the son of a Christian pastor. At a young age, he both learned various points of religion from the bible as well as branched out to learn about other cultures. He had been raised to learn Latin as a way to read an untranslated version of the bible along with the English version. After reaching his middle school years he gained a very common interest in Japan. Since he had already had experience with learning a language, he decided to study Japanese during his free time. Around the last two years of high school, JD decided to fully take up learning Japanese instead of casually. He grew up constantly running into issues with his father and his very strict parenting, going as far as to get multiple facial piercings and even body-modified horns. After he graduated high school and hit his 18th birthday in October, he dropped everything and moved to Japan to get away from his home life. He spent the first year hopping from hotel to hotel until he decided to move to Karakura for its lower price range and community college at 19. He spent his first year studying music and living unofficially within the fraternity. The second year, at 20, he joined the Spartan Cheerteam and became an official resident of the now combined Spartan housing. Even after falling victim to situations with the city’s crime issue, he has since recovered both mentally and physically. Although he still has a faint stutter when he talks due to brain damage he endured, it mostly flairs up in situations he gets stressed in. His original plan was to study literature and become a teacher, but he started to reconsider his career path. He also hoped to start working within the same building he once attended. While he continues his studies elsewhere, he sought out working as a caretaker for KHS and the combined college since it is a more familiar environment and something he would be able to ease into for a job since the typical career is out of his abilities.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I've gone through a few years of Karakura's Community college and I am much more comfortable getting a job within a familiar environment as well as interacting with the other employees. I am already seeking a long-term career as a professor in Literature and being able to start in a school environment would make the future transition much easier.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I already have relationships formed with some faculty as well as students so I would get along much better when working with the students. I also know when to stay professional at work and how to separate work life from personal life.

Extra
N/A

Additional notes about your application: N/A
Do you have any questions?: No​

Last edited:

suneaterchan

Level 105
Thank you for taking the time to apply! Fortunately, today, your application for CARETAKER has been
ACCEPTED!
. . .

Welcome to the team! In order to move forward. . .

Ensure that you are in the Karakura Academics Discord
Contact SUN#0040 over Discord to obtain your required roles and for any other necessary information

Users who are viewing this thread