anxietydemon
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
My timezone is MST
LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
N/A
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I would describe my activity on the server as very active, I am online most of the day
And spend some of my time at night playing. I spend 4-5 hours or more on the server
and I have been active since 2021 and I have a lot of free time to do
various things on the server. I have spent time doing a variety of
Interactions with many characters and delt with many different scenarios.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
I am applying for the position of Priest.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I have a very good understanding of Shintoism as I have looked into the religion along with
using my roleplay character Komoshi Hanata to have a better feel and more information about the religion, I have visited the shrine often
and got used to most Shinto customs and what the religion has to offer though,
I am very excited and want to learn more in detail about the religion from anyone who is willing to teach me more.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I think what makes he different from other applicants is I can adjust easily and catch
on to things quick like learning, differences in schedule. I try my best to
get a catch onto what I am interested in.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes I understand.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Komoshi Hanata
CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr.
CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single
CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
French, Japanese
CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030-613-6558

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
When I was younger I visited the Shrine often and met Hanae Tominaga, I spent 2 years coming back to the shrine and learned what her jobs included and what she did. I had also gained
enough experience to help her with spirits and cleansing, she taught me a lot of what priests and maiden’s jobs had and how much responsibility it was.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
From my time visiting the Shrine previously I understand information that was open to me by Hanae Tominaga and I know that the Shinei Seinaru Monastery is
a sacred place and is related closely to the Shintoism
religion. I am somewhat unfamiliar with all of the History of the Monastery but I am aware it was rebuilt twice
and I am aware that its staff are have helped people with spirits and firmly believe in them and different Yokai which I have helped with and delt with shrine staff.
I have started to continue to look into more details of the history of the Shrine Monastery as I have been in Prison for the past 2 years and seeked help.

The information I have been able to learn is limited but I am open to learn more by anyone who is able to teach me about the history of the Shrine

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
[!]There was a red envelope with a black seal on the front[!]

Good afternoon or morning to you Monastery Lead

I am coming to you with a request to prove that I can take care of the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery
for proper introduction my name is Komoshi Hanata and I had visited often and helped a previous maiden of the shrine named Hanae Tominaga. I have been looking for help and wanted to be able to find it at the shrine while being able to prove that I can take
the responsibility of the shrine and respect it. I hope you accept me and give me the chance to prove I can take care of the place with dignity.

-Sincerely
Komoshi Clemintine Hanata

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Komoshi Hanata was born in Nantes, France in 2002 to Blanche and Remy Hanata.
Blanche was his father who served in the French air force and Remy was a nurse at a local hospital, during Komoshi’s upbringing he had a peaceful and kind upbringing until at 16 he was forced to join
a Russian Bootcamp for basic training. Komoshi after his few months had been traumatized due to
being weak and giving up early, he had been beaten for this and locked in a closet
For more unruly harm. He had escaped and took a boat home with only the uniform on, Komoshi had then gone home but found his mother falling ill and his father went into deep depression and started drinking. His mother dying soon after he returned, he started to help a infamous mafia in France to earn money. After a year he found the school of karakura that seemed to interest him as he saved up money for college. As he turned 17 Komoshi had arrived in Karakura, within the first few days he was attacked by a ruthless and unknown gang along with a single friend, they had taken his left eye and carved into his stomach. They left them both to die but he was rescued by a close friend Calico O’Sullivan and treated for the injuries. Soon after he had promised to find the person who took his eye and went back into a life of crime for more than 4 years. He had left the gang he was apart of which was a vigilante group called Oatke-Tatsu, after being tortured mentally and psychically by his second in command and another trusted member. He had left and been hired by a man to knock out and take their arm, which lead to his arrest, 2 years later Komoshi was bailed and started to turn his life around by getting mental help by a psychiatrist and followed a maiden called Hanae who cared for him and helped him with his problems.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Both Priests and Maidens clean around the shrine, help in rituals and
Selling items related to Shintoism at the shop. Both perform dances and assist in prayers as well.
What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
Hold the ladle in your right hand and pour water on the opposite hand, once done switch hands and do the same. Once done do the same to your left hand then take some of the water into your mouth and spit it into the drain, not the basin.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
You must go to a jinja and offer food and water to the specified kami that is set at the jinja
then pray using a norito you will write your prayer on an ema which is used to set prayers and
wishes from people to the specified Kami.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
You must perform a purification ritual , then clean each tool and the teapot. After you have done that, heat the water until it boils and use matcha powder and mix it well into the water and stir until it mixes fully. Once done pour the tea into the provided cups you have and enjoy.
You must make the tea and serve it in a cup.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
A Tamagushi is a type of offering made form a akaki branch, these are used in rituals, funerals and for marriage. An
An Ofuda is a talisman which is used as protection and can be changed based on what it can be used for or change its meaning to protect from specific things. An Ofuda is also used to ward of bad spirits or energy via the symbol inscribed on it. A Kagura Suzu is an instrument used to make music and perform rituals and prayers along with being used commonly at marriages.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
My character has had a past in crime and during so he had learned to worship Tsukuyomi
which is of the moon since most of his crimes had been in the day as he was ambitious and risky during his
life of crime. Instead using the night for relaxation and reflection for his past choices and
motives he used to make those choices.
───────────────────────────────────────​

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app due to its lack of detail. Feel free to reapply in the future, we'd love to see you become a member of the faction. Continue to visit us!​

Users who are viewing this thread