mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

princesoda- News Reporter Application- July 11th, 2020

soda

Level 12
[OOC Section]

IGN (In-Game Name): princesoda

Previous bans: https://schoolrp.net/threads/nitrosoda-ban-appeal-old-ign-threepunchteen.17306/
upload_2020-7-11_18-38-54.png

Describe your activity on the server: Regularly 2-3 hours a day, due to some issues I'm dealing in the real world that for personal reasons I will not put on this application. My time can be limited to strictly 2 hours. Eventually, this will change and I should be more active than this. DM if you want to know more by using the Discord user below.

Do you have Discord? Yes, you can find me on Discord by searching the user just soda #0023.

Do you have a microphone? Earbuds that are mediocre but still work as a mic, yes.

List your current and past applications:
First Police Application(Denied)
Second Police Application(Accepted)
First Italian Language Application(Denied)
Second Italian Language Application (Accepted)
Rank Change (Accepted)
College Application(Denied)
Custom Scripts Application (Accepted)

What is your motivation for applying?: Being fired from the KPD, instead of discouraging me, has opened my eyes to other jobs I might want to try out. Out of all the jobs to apply for, News Reporter seemed like a perfect fit for my character and my own passion for writing as well.
Being able to roleplay beside more experienced writers will help me become a better writer myself, which can do wonders for me not just in the roleplay world, but in the real world as well. Since the possibilities in Karakura are just about endless, this brings many chances for me to become a more advanced roleplayer and learn more about other characters via writing reports.
I've spent most of my SRP career on a student character, and I think id enjoy being side-by-side with the more mature adult cast of characters as an adult character myself. For me, it's all about the experience that really boosts my motivation to its limits.
But all in all, I just want to have a lot of fun. And try new things, just like any human should. I think being a News Reporter could be a lot of fun for me, honestly. The endless possibilities, reports, or just things in general that could happen just excite me.

What knowledge do you have of journalist Work?
There are many types of journalism, but focusing on news journalism, there are a variety of ways to publish journalist work. The three main ways include online on a website, a report on TV, or posting it on a newspaper.
When posting a report on a website, the author/journalist needs to do their best to hook the reader/audience in. This results at the beginning of a story starting with the point or lead to lure the audience into reading. The author would provide pictures, captions, and links to other sources. One thing I have been told many times is that citing sources is very important when it comes to writing an informational piece about an event or thing.
A TV news report usually includes a daily forecast(the weather, chance of rain, cloudy or sunny, etc), and maybe one or two reports about events going on around town or something government or political based. There could also be stories about criminal related things, Karakura having a crime rate that tends to be higher than average.
A newspaper is the most old-fashioned and outdated way to publish news, but it still works. A newspaper usually includes anything an online report would, with a hook, images, and captions to lure in the reader/audience. In this age, newspapers aren't as common, however, there are many that still read it from time to time.
As mentioned earlier, citing sources on all of these is very important. Companies could get very frustrated and even sue over plagiarized information that they haven't been credited for.

Why are Reporters important to SchoolRP?
Reporters are needed to add a backbone of realism to the City Roleplay aspect of SchoolRP. Without daily forecasts, information about the latest crimes committed, or changes in the government, roleplay would be bland and not the same.
To further justify this, imagine SchoolRP without news reporters. There is a crime situation. Someone is murdered, the murder gets away, and police get to the scene- the dead body. Yellow tape everywhere. People watching the TV or would have access to one can't see the news. Because there is no news. Nobody knows that there is a murder amok running in the streets of Karakura.
Not only is this not realistic, it just proves that News Reporters are vital to SchoolRP even more.

[IC Section]

[CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE]

Tell us about your character, how do they look, what makes them unique? What are they like on and off the job? Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?:
Yamimoto Kazura is a 6'0 Japanese broad-shouldered man with a build that could be classified as medium to muscular, simply because his body is not excessively bulky at all. He has amber-brown eyes that contrast well with his jet black hair. His eyes always appear to be stilled and at ease, as his composure only breaks in rare situations, however, his thoughts can differ from what his facial expression depicts. In short, he can be challenging to read.

He only puts effort into the things he thinks are worthy of it, never pushing too hard unless necessary. When angered, he can be fierce and intimidating if need be. If he is happy, he usually never expresses his content with a smile. He is never ****y and almost always takes as many precautions as he can to maximize his confidence before making a decision.
During the work shift, Kazura is always thinking to stay afloat on how he can be as productive as possible. He is almost always independent and strictly does his own work only. He thinks he doesn’t have time to clean up other’s slack and focuses on himself. During his off-duty hours, he can get carefree. He’s always wise with spending money, paying taxes, etc. He knows how to be at ease without losing his smarts completely. He is almost always by himself and enjoys his alone time in various ways. His hobbies include photography, writing poetry and biographies, and other things of the literature nature.
In regards to how he treats his co-workers, it tends to be with equality and respect rather than as friends. He can be formal depending on his mood, or if the one he is conversing with is a higher-up. This seems like the most logical and easiest format for Kazura when it comes to how he treats his co-workers.

BACKSTORY:
Kazura Ruraki Kohakiru was born on May 25th, in the year 1994, in Tokyo born and raised by two caring, loving parents. Kazura grew up with the “cool kids”, or the more mature, popular group of children. His adolescent years were typical. He grew up the life of a normal Japanese kid until his teenage years were coming to an end.
At age 17, he witnessed the beating of a stray dog by a rich, higher-class man who tended to spit on anything that he didn’t think was perfect. Kazura jumped in, covering the dog. The rich man walked away, shamed by the young man who had served justice.
There were many situations like these that made Kazura’s mind flash with realizations that he was meant to protect and defend what he valued. Thus he joined the Karakura Police Department.
Unfortunately, he was fired before he could even reach the Patrol-Officer level.
After being fired from his job at the KPD, which he thought was his dream job, Yamimoto Kazura had nowhere to go. He was homeless with no money to work with for about a month until he found a convenience store job in Tokyo. He rented a small apartment where he hid out for the next couple of months, his life entering a bland sort of state with no color or excitement. He didn’t know what to do. He returned to Karakura in search of his younger brother. He didn’t know what he’d do once he’d find him, but it was worth a shot. But the shot was worthless. He couldn’t find his brother even after searching every corner of the city. His younger sibling didn’t answer calls or texts. He was disconnected from any sort of communication.
Kazura’s sanity was slightly slipping away- it had been over time. Although it wasn’t logical by any means, he checked the nearest TV to see if any news channels had anything on his brother- he was that desperate, even something so seemingly futile was worth it for him. But nothing. He decided that his brother was fine and he would eventually find his way back to Karakura.
Kazura, with some of his sanity lost, decided he’d become a news reporter. He dropped out of the store job- spent the next few weeks thinking. Regaining his sanity. But no matter what pathway he took in his mind, he always returned to the pressing fact: he needed to become a news reporter to survive. It was his last hope.
With his mental health restored, he decided to apply to become a news reporter.

[SECTION 1: Personal Details]

Full Name: Yamimoto Ruraki Kazura

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.

Given Name(s): Yamimoto

Preferred Name: Kazura

Religious Denomination: Athiest.

Marital Status: Single.

Nationality: Japanese.

Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

Phone Number: 940-124-168

[SECTION 2: Academic Details]

Years of training: 15 years.

Working Experience: 14 years in social work.

Academic Degree: Bachelor's Degree.

Year of Graduation: 2005

Major(s): Journalism

Minor(s): Psychology

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: N/A

Other notes: N/A

Last edited:

oph

Level 165
╰──➢ ;── [ACCEPTED] ──;

╭ ⁞ ❏. You should get door perms to the building soon. ;

┊ ⁞ ❏.You will receive all of your roles eventually. ;

┊ ⁞ ❏.Contact me once you’re online for your rank on the server (And door perms). ;

┊ ⁞ ❏.Read all chats listed under the “REPORTER” category. ;

┊ ⁞ ❏. Post a message in general of the K-News discord in order to receive your role quicker.;

Dm me on discord once you have read this message.

Users who are viewing this thread