Private Reporting

pashy

Level 183
IGN:

PashOP

DATE:

2/28/2021

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

So. . . I wanted to suggest making the "BAN REQUEST" forums private only for staff to view. Players, of course, can make their reports, but they can't view each other's reports. It's to keep the reports more confidential. I personally don't have any problem reporting someone for doing something, but sometimes it comes to a report I want to keep private and not for everyone to find out, and I hate bothering staff in DMs.

It's even a lot better to make it private only for staff. The players don't have anything to do with a report.

Giving this a fast example, reporting a bypasser.​

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
+1

> Staff members, are staff members for a reason, you may think yourself that you’re bothering the staff members with valid reports you want to make, but trust me, that isn’t the case; staff members are there for a reason and you can contact them anytime whenever regarding help in-need, so don’t be shy to do so.

- As for the private reports part, yes I agree. If you wish to create a report about someone, I’d prefer making it in private instead of publishing it to avoid any hate send to that person, or to receive any hate from that exact person. I feel like it’s more safer if you made a report in private, but that’s what I think of course.

- Once again, you can always DM staff members regarding a report you want to make, just ask in #help for someone whom can deal with your report or is available to do so.

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
+1

Yes I completely agree with making the ban requests private. As first of all, if you make a ban request about a player that most likely will see the ban request and some may become toxic towards you for reporting them. So it would be much better to make them private so no one knows who reported anyone

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
1+/N/A
Agreed! I'd rather not report someone and then be harassed for it. I had this similar issue on another server where I reported someone and they found out and decided to spam my discord alongside attempt to dox me.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
I completely agree with what you said and I want to complement.
In addition to everything you said, we have no idea of most people on the internet, it may be rare to happen, but what if, after you report someone, that person goes after your discord, for example, offending you, threatening you, and etc.
It would be much better and safer if it were as you proposed.
+1

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
IGN:

PashOP

DATE:

2/28/2021

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

So. . . I wanted to suggest making the "BAN REQUEST" forums private only for staff to view. Players, of course, can make their reports, but they can't view each other's reports. It's to keep the reports more confidential. I personally don't have any problem reporting someone for doing something, but sometimes it comes to a report I want to keep private and not for everyone to find out, and I hate bothering staff in DMs.

It's even a lot better to make it private only for staff. The players don't have anything to do with a report.

Giving this a fast example, reporting a bypasser.​
Totally agree with you in an aspect but the reason why it's public in the first place, is giving whoever accused a chance to defend themselves. Usually, it isn't that serious, so having whoever your reporting react in a certain way isn't too common though if you really do want to keep it private, go to DMS then- As long as it's relevant and is pretty serious, you can expect a quick response.

Users who are viewing this thread