What is your Minecraft username?:
the_twnk_dragon

What is your time zone?:

+5:30+ GMT

What is your discord username?

therainbowlemon

Link all previous applications you made on the server:

Describe your activity on SchoolRP:

Currently Andy hangs out in the library, and my activity is usually between 3 - 6 hours. I try to be active during icly school hours.

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:

SRP is the first ever roleplay server I have interacted with, and it caught onto my interest real quickly. I find myself in exciting lore situations, including a lot of classes, interactions with teachers and also outside of school.

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:

Currently all my characters are 12th graders. Andy is someone who helps people in a very non violent way, and is found relaxing learning more things in her free time.

What is the subject you want to teach?:

I wanted to teach psychology in health. (Major and Minor disorders, alongside Basic psychology including conditioning, learning, etc.)
It is a class that is missing, and I think it would be an excellent addition to the college class roster. I have experience studying various aspects about psychology in real life, and my partner also keeps me up to date as she is a practicing the******. I think my personal need to learn more, combined with my extreme interest in psychology can make this work out real well.

TRIVIA SECTION

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:

Andy has always wanted to help people. She believes teaching is the most rewarding profession. Her keen interest in life is to learn and grow and utilize the knowledge she has to make the world a better place. She has studied tons of books on psychology, and always keeps updating herself with the latest update on mental health. She believes that if this subject were taught properly, the world would be a better place, and college is the foundation of such basic systems.

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:

For my first class, I would be doing a quick introduction around class, understanding everyone's need and motivation around studying psychology. Since it is a complex subject, I will stress on the importance of how each motivation will be different from the other students. After spending the first half of the class on introductions, I will be playing a game of hangman with basic psychology terms. This will make the students pay attention as they would have to guess the words. The Three words that would be heavily focused on will be the basic functioning required for the human conscience i.e. Behaviour, Cognition and Emotion. This would ideally take in most of time in the class, and the class will carry forward into the next period where I would be asking them their understanding of these three words. Alongside examples.
The best answers will get a reward, and that should conclude the first ever class with Andy Adachi.

For my second interactive session, this would be a class on personalities. I would be giving the students a personality test they will need to complete.
(https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test)
It would be a fun test introducing pop psychology to real psychology. Once the students finish the test and have their results, I would be discussing each individual results in class (with consent of course). It would be a live case study and open discussion on how even in the same room, there are multiple personality types, motivated to study psychology. At the end of the first class, I will divide the students into teams and ask them to prepare a skit basis their personality types.
In the second period, the students will have to enact the skit that most accurately depicts their personality types. The most creative and best skit would win rewards. ( I can do reward tokens or yen basis how well it goes)

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:

I would like to take my students to the Karakura Hospital, Psychiatrist wards to discuss some case studies as well as medicine used for treating various disorders. On the day of the excursion, I will contact the hospital and ask if they are available to talk to the students who have an interest in the subject. Talking to psychiatrists in the hospital will give an excellent chance for the students to learn more about the practical use of psychology. While it is not important that all mental disorders require medication, the understanding of what does and does not from a psychiatrist will be a great insight and learning for the students. I would also ask the hospital to show the uniqueness of a therapy room, and how it helps keep patients calm with little details.
The goal is to spend a few school hours learning as much as they can about practical use of psychology.

SCENARIO SECTION

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?

I would slowly approach the situation as I would be unsure if they are friends or causing an issue. I cannot assume negative intent. After politely asking what the students were doing, I would hope that the presence of a professor would mean they would not harm the bobcat student. I would try to hear out both sides, however my attention would be to protect the lone bobcat student. If they would still continue to pester the student, I will warn them once that if they continue harassing the student it will be detention for them. If they still don't back off, I will radio in for additional assistance after writing a detention slip. The students safety is my top priority.

Your character would be supervising detention, one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?

Andy would try to hold back a smile, because she knows she has been inquisitive in the past. She would quietly walk up to the student and whisper.
'Hey bud, I know you are curious, but talking is not allowed in detention, read the rule board. If you have any questions you can come and ask me after you are done with your detention, otherwise, I may have to bring in SLT for you breaking rules.'
Andy would walk back with a smile, and observe if the student was asking questions again, if the student did she would just shake her head before saying, 'I warned you' before contacting/reporting it to SLT.

Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and calling out other students in the class, what would your character do?

I would first locate the source of the music and then slowly approach them with a smile.
I would slowly smile before firmly saying, 'Thats a nice phone you have, can i check it out?'.
Once the cheerleaders would hand their phone, I would quickly keep it in the confiscated section and smile before responding, 'You will get it back after class,'

Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up but it didn't help, what would your character do?

Andy's first reaction would be to radio in for help, as she was unable to start the fight, and then she would give a warning to the students that if they didn't stop fighting , she will issue them a detention. If the students still continue fighting, she will quickly try to step between the two parties while help arrives. While waiting she would patiently hear out both sides, and give detention to all the students who threw a punch.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

Andy Adachi is a 5'10 ft , girl with short curly hair. She always wears very comfortable clothing and does not care about how people view her fashion choices. What makes Andy unique and different is her warm but playful attitude towards anyone she meets. It is easy for her to make friends, and it is even easier for her to really sit and listen to anyone who really wants to be heard out. It is one of the reasons she is so passionate about teaching psychology.
Andy thinks students are the foundation for a better society in the future, and thinks they can be molded into kind and gentle beings in these trying times at karakura. Andy really enjoys how certain professors and teachers interact with each other, and she hopes to be able to contribute a little into their lives. While their subjects don't align, their hearts definitely would.
Andy has a strong sense of right and wrong, but is not judgemental. If she watches someone do something wrong, she may give. a friendly warning but wouldn't go out of her way to teach them how to be better. She has a strong belief in people having free will, and she honestly believes the kindness and patience can help the world be a better place.

Andy wants to continue to be a professor well into her 50's. Its all she has ever wanted to do, help students learn how to understand the human mind and be better individuals in the future. She also learnt JSL so that she can communicate with all kinds of students.

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
Make sure this is over 100 words.

Andy is of Indian decent but was born in Japan. Her parents had immigrated to Japan before she was born and after giving birth to her, they died in a car crash when she was 5 years old. Andy is a happy kid and was fit right in with the foster families she was placed with. She made friends with everyone before finally moving to Karakura with her new adoptive family, the Adachis.
She has a need to help people as she wants to make the world a better place. She wants to become a professor of Psychology so that she can teach people how to communicate better with each other and foster understanding between people. She studied her bachelors and masters from Delhi University back in India. She got a full scholarship and recommendation from her teachers, which made her join in as faculty for 1 whole year teaching 1st year students of college. She missed Japan however and realized she needed to get home.

She applied for a position for a professor of psychology in Karakura hoping to start a new department, and while waiting for her application to be accepted, she also learnt JSL so that she can be inclusive in her teaching.

IN-CHARACTER SECTION
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you, replace the underscores [ _ ] with your answers)

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Full Name:
Andy Adachi

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Given Name(s):
Andy

Preferred Name:
Andy

Gender & pronouns:
Cis Woman and She/Her

Religious Denomination:
Agnostic

Marital Status:
Unmarried

Nationality:
Japanese/Indian

Current Location:
Karakura

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
1 year of teaching experience in Delhi University, taking classes for first year students in basics of psychology.

Working Experience (# of years):
1 year (Mentioned above)

Academic Degree:
Masters in Psychology from IP college, Delhi university, India

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Masters in Psychology. (India)

Minors:
Bachelors in Psychology. (India)

Native Languages:
Japanese, JSL

Other Languages:
Russian, Serbian

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Psychology (Health)

Extra:
Andy enjoys kindness and listening to students, she hopes that she could help more people consistently in this position.

Additional notes about your application (if any):
Andy is a 12th grader icly currently, but the lore and sources of study are correct icly, infact its one of the best universities in India. Hopefully this is sufficient to start a department.

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
Accepted!
Congratulations, please make sure you're in the Karakura Academics discord, and ping me in #help (@muffincats) to receive your role. You can request your role in game by making a ticket. If you are not in the discord please make sure to join https://discord.gg/xQBHzyNE4Y

Users who are viewing this thread