HarryE_Styles

Do you have any previous bans/warnings?:
None

What is your time zone?:
Pacific Standard Time (PST)

What is your discord username and discriminator? (e.g. Tippie#6666):
elianacaptol#6753

Link all previous applications you made on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/service-dog-application.50893/ (denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lost-bike-after-it-poofed-and-reappeared.50287/ (accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/new-place-of-worship-suggestion.48696/post-157002 (reviewed)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/suggestion.47392/ (denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.43669/ (accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/apartment-error.42056/ (denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/age-change.37879/ (accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/model-usage.37710/post-118270 (denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lost-vehicle.37581/ (accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/age-change.36645/ (accepted)

Describe your activity on SchoolRP:
I am on the server almost every single day. I am starting my second year of college, as a full-time student, in a few weeks so I won’t be on for as long as I go on now, but I will still find time to get on after my day of classes.

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:
I joined the SchoolRP server in December 2020 but didn’t get serious about playing until January 2021. I have been playing every day since. I have a great friend group on the server, I am head of a family and higher-ups in a few. I originally started to do roleplay around 2016 on Wattpad. I used to join and create different roleplays. I haven’t done it in a while and have mainly been using the site to read.

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:
College Bachelors, College Swim (EllieStyles)
Grade 9 (HarryE_Styles)
Dog (_Harry__Styles_)
Bear (HazOneDirection)

What is the subject you want to teach?:
Music appreciation. Music appreciation is a division of musicology that is designed to teach students how to understand and describe the contexts and creative processes involved in music composition. For this subject, I would teach students about music from different eras from the music of today, to the music from a hundred years ago. We will be discussing songs by artists and talking about the meanings behind the songs and the lyrics. We will also be talking about the history of specific instruments, some would include the guitar, piano, and woodwind and brass instruments.

TRIVIA SECTION

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:

My motivation for becoming a professor is that I want to teach. I also want my first SRP job to be a professor. I do want to become a shopkeeper in the future on SRP, but I want to wait until I am ready to apply. I especially want to teach the subject and educate people about artists they may not know about. One thing about me personally is that I love music, whether it’s listening or playing the guitar. Originally, the subject I wanted to teach was “Harry Styles and the Cult of Celebrity: Identity, the Internet, and European Pop Culture,” which is a class that is going to be taught at Texas State. The course would focus on British musician Harry Styles and popular European culture to understand the cultural and political development of the modern celebrity as related to questions of gender and sexuality, race, class, nation and globalism, media, fashion, fan culture, internet culture, and consumerism. I decided not to do this as it was my obsession taking over and not me being professional. If I did go with this subject, I would plan on not doing just Harry and doing other artists, such as the Beatles and others. I then thought of music sociology but decided against it as I am not fully educated in the subject, but still know enough about it. This is how I came up with music appreciation, which is an actual class I took during my first year of college and I enjoyed the class. We ended up going through music from the Renaissance era till the early 2000s and music now. I plan to teach about all types of music whether it's new or old or if the music's in different languages, I want people to learn about them. I will still have a lesson about Harry Styles but the lesson will not just be about him.

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:

1. One class would be a fun trivia game of music jeopardy. I already have a whole google slide for it. How this class would work, is teams of two will pair up if there are a lot of people. The categories would be music related, such as finishing the lyrics, naming the artist, and naming the song based on emojis, instruments, and genres. This would be when I have been teaching for a good while so people would know. We would most likely have to do the game in a VC in the KA server, but if not I would still be able to make it work one way or another. The winning person/team would win 2 reward tokens each. This will be a great class to have as it will build students' bond with each other as they work together with finding the answers. It will also allow students to learn about songs and artists that they may not know about. So, it will be good ICLY and OOCLY and that's what I will be planning on doing for all the classes that I plan on teaching.
Link to the template that I will be using to create the Jeopardy game - https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/12doMMkehEMlhaNcEJFT1r6Rfs6iWH4hK1p0xN-N6dOk/edit?usp=sharing (the template is not mine, but will be filled in with the proper questions and answers when the time comes)

2. This particular class will be part of the religion/culture lesson that I will be doing for a few weeks. The whole lesson will pertain to listening to and discussing the music of different cultures and religions around the world. I will need to do a lot of planning for it OOCLY which I will take my time on. This lesson will be about Judaica music which I have a lot of knowledge about. For this particular one, it will be for two periods. For this specific lesson, we will be discussing Judaica music. I will not be pushing any religion or views onto anyone ICLY or OOCLY, all we will do is listen to music and evaluate it and have a discussion. No part in any lessons would I push anything onto people ICLY or OOCLY. The same thing would be for other religions/cultures that are a part of the lesson. It will cover modern and more traditional songs. What would happen in the first period, most likely in period 2? I will start the class off with what we will be doing. I will then “put” a list out of different songs, I will just put a playlist link in /looc to a Spotify playlist and if needed, I will have a youtube playlist prepared. What I would instruct the class to do is pick two or three songs you may not know, and listen to them. I will send out a google form where the students will fill out answers to questions that I will have listed. They would have the rest of the period to work on the assignment and they would have period 3 to work on it before period 4. The assignment will pertain to people doing oocly research, I will be around to help if people need help. It's not going to be a long hard assignment, it's mainly going to need the students to talk about the songs they chose and evaluate the words and why the song was written, and what the song is about. During period 4, the people who have done and turned in the assignment will have a chance to talk about the songs they chose and what they thought of them. The period would be used as a discussion period. I also decided a google form would be better since you can only write so much in a book but can write a lot on a google form.
Link to the playlist that I will send out, I will most likely make a new one with fewer songs - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3JaC24uf3Qg0CmvRUCItb6?si=51987ea60b30437d
Link to the google form that will have the assignment - https://forms.gle/o9Y7N1RQ4GN82CHi6

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:
This field trip will allow students to show off their creative side. I will host a class during period 2 in which I will announce the field trip, which will take place at the stage at the Eden Tree. I would then go to explain what we will be doing, in which everyone will write a song about an experience or someone or something that means a lot to them. The ones who don’t want to write a song will find a song based on the prompts that I have stated previously. When it is close to the end of class, I will explain what we will be doing the next period for the field trip, in which the people who want can perform the songs they wrote or covered. The people who join the field trip and not the previous class will still be able to join and participate. If they have a song written or a cover already prepared, then they can perform. One thing I forgot to mention, students will have the option to do it with a partner or on their own, the same goes for performing. When students go up to perform, they will have a few questions to answer to everyone, what's the name of the song? If it is not an original, who is the song by? Why did you pick this song? (only if it's a cover) What or who did you write the song about? (for the originals) after they answer those questions, they would be free to go perform their song. This field trip would allow

SCENARIO SECTION

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?

Aleksander would be eying a group of college jocks around the bobcat jock, as he has a conversation with a few of his students that were previously in his class. He would excuse himself from the student and make his way over to the group of jocks, eying the situation that was happening. He would give the college kids a stern, but yet calm look, “I have been watching you guys interact with this young bobcat here, and it doesn’t seem too, nice” he spoke to them, as he folds his arms over his chest as he leans back onto his heels before speaking again “you guys are in college, not primary school. Don’t think I will go to your captains to tell them you guys are acting like children and not responsible adults to be on their team. If I have to, I will even go to the Dean because college is for adults, not for children” he would look between the college kids “now if you guys don’t want a detention, where you will be cleaning my classroom with toothbrushes, I suggest you run along and leave these bobcats alone” he finishes as he watches the Spartans run off before turning to the bobcat “my name is Professor Horowitz if any college kid, jock or not bothers you, come to me and I’ll deal with it” he says, patting the student on the shoulder before going back over to the students he was having a conversation with earlier.

Your character would be supervising detention, one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?
The male would be on his laptop, prepping lessons for his next few classes, when all of a sudden he sees one of the students, not doing their detention task and instead, talking with other students who were doing their assignments and just want to go home. He looks over at the student, slightly closing his computer, looking over at the student “since it seems you are struggling with completing your assignment, can you please move to a seat where no one is around you? It’s the end of school and I know all of us in this room want to go home, including me.” He says to the student as he watches them move to the front by where he was at. He gives the student a nod before going back to his computer. After a few moments, the same student would start “quietly” asking him questions that don’t even make any sense. Aleksander being the person he is, doesn’t answer. Instead he gives the student an annoyed look “since you can’t be quiet. I want you to sit right here next to me on the floor and sit quietly for 25 minutes, after that you can leave. If you keep talking and being annoying, you will be here much longer and I know we both don’t want that” he says to the kid as they get up, taking a seat on the floor. For the next 25 minutes, the student was quiet. The other students would do their tasks and turn them in before leaving. Soon enough Aleksander excuses the student from detention, not before threatening them to be cleaning his entire room if the incident happens again. He cleans up his stuff before leaving the room and heading home to see his friends.

Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and calling out other students in the class, what would your character do?
Aleksander was writing things on the board, an announcement about something exciting that he was planning on doing with his students. He wasn’t paying much attention to his students, but when he did, he could hear music and talking. He would let them have their moment of fun before finishing up and slowly walks up to his desk and leans against it, crossing his legs at the ankles. He would look out at his students, clearing his throat “I was going to announce a fun and exciting thing that I have had planned, but that can wait for another day” he says before going over to the group of cheerleaders, seeing them pause their music, looking up at him. He smirks at them before going back over to the front of the class “I was planning on having this some sort of discussion with y'all on a later date, but we can do some of it now” he says before looking over at one of the cheerleaders “what is one person you like listening to?” he asks before getting an answer and asking the same question to some of the other cheerleaders and other students. He then looks back over at the cheerleaders “if you guys haven’t noticed, everyone here has different music tastes. I do not want you guys to be playing your music in this class again because if you do, I will be issuing detentions and taking your phones for the whole school day. So, don’t try me”

Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up but it didn't help, what would your character do?
Aleksander was walking around the school, heading over to his room when he saw a fight going on with a few students. He takes out his radio, calling for an extra hand before placing the radio back in his pocket. He quickly walks over pushing away the students who are fighting, standing in between them and giving them all a stern look “I don’t know what happened and don’t care about what happened, but I want all of you to come with me to my class to have a chat” he says to the students, taking them to his class while radioing for the nurse for the ones that need, he lets them into his class and telling them to sit at a desk, but not desks next to each other “y’all are already getting detention, but I want to let you students know that fighting and violence are not allowed on campus. You can get suspended or even kicked out for fighting and I know any of you would want that” he would tell them as the nurse comes in to deal with the injuries that needed to be tended to. “I am letting you guys go, but I will be seeing you guys later in detention. If I hear or see you guys fighting, it will not be good for either of you.” Aleksander says to the students, letting them go and giving a goodbye and a “have a good rest of your day,” to the nurse, before going off with the rest of his day.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?
Aleksander Horowitz. 29 years old. Born in Bronx, New York. The Russian-American would be standing at the height of 6 feet tall. The white-skinned male would have nicely trimmed dark brown hair with brown eyes to match. His nicely structured face would not be clean-shaven. He would have a nice toned body, he does stay in shape but he is not too crazy about working out. Growing up he wasn’t a social butterfly, he kept to himself, while still having close-knit friends. In the classroom and helping others is another story, he loves to teach, especially about music. He can talk and teach about music for so long and can just keep on going. Outside of school and teaching, he would occasionally go out with his mates for drinks, but if not he is at home prepping lessons. When he is with other school faculty he will strike up a conversation with whoever is there about really anything.
He has a passion for music which began when he was little. He didn’t know he wanted to teach music until his junior year of college. He doesn’t know what he wants to do after teaching, but it’s going to be something with music.

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
Alek’s mom comes from a Jewish Russian family. They had to leave everything they had behind and flee the country for their own safety. They packed all the things they could and left. The big family of 3 children arrived in New York, they were glad to know they were safe. His father was born in New York, as a single child, and had no religious background whatsoever. When they met, his father knew he fell in love. Alek still remembers how they would tell him the story, and his dad looked as if he was falling in love all over again. They married when they were barely in their 20s, his dad even converted to Judaism as his mom wanted a religious background for their kids as that was how she grew up and wanted to do the same for her kids. Alek was the youngest of 3 children, although the first two were twins, one boy, and one girl. Alek’s love for music started when he was only a child, listening on the radio to all the music they could offer him from classical to the music he would hear at Saturday Shabbat morning services, to even pop music. He loved it all. When he turned 13, he of course had his Bar Mitzvah, just like how his older siblings had a B’nai Mitzvah as they are twins. His parents raised him and his siblings in a loving Jewish home. Growing up Alek had a hard time deciding what was his path in life, but he knew music was his greatest passion in life. That was until his college years. That’s when he moved to Washington, maintaining his Jewish background as a part of his life. He enrolled in college to study music and got a part-time job as a high school student teacher. As he was working one day, he sat down and realized how much he likes this job. That is when he decided to become a music professor. He studied hard to get his Ph.D. from New York University. After getting his Ph.D., he moved to Karakura to pursue his dream to become a music professor.​

IN-CHARACTER SECTION

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Title: Mr. Legal Name: Aleksander Horowitz Birth Date: 7 / 23 / 1993
Preferred Name: Mr. Horowitz or Mr. H
Phone Number: (030)-081-6338
0 - Female
0 - Other, namely _________

Religious Domination: Jewish
Martial Status: Single
Nationality: Russian-American
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

2 - APPLICATION DATA

Preferred teaching subject:
1st choice: Music Appreciation 2nd choice: Music 3rd choice: Sociomusicology aka music sociology
List other subjects you are qualified to teach: Sociology
List any activities you are willing to supervise; i.e., clubs, groups, drama, etc.:
Musical groups, school functions, clubs, sports events, etc. Willing to supervise anything.

3 - PREVIOUS EDUCATION
Place of study (School, University, College, etc)
Date From
Date To
Fulltime / Partime
Qualification with Grade, Class / Division
Subject Specialism(s)
Age Range
River East Elementary8/18/986/12/03FulltimeElementary School DiplomaN/A5-9
Booker T. Washington Middle School8/16/036/13/06FulltimeMiddle School DiplomaN/A10-12
Eleanor Roosevelt High School8/12/066/6/10FulltimeHigh School DiplomaN/A13-17
Bronx Community College8/25/106/6/12FulltimeCollege AssociatesMusic Education18-19
The University of Washington, School of Music9/29/126/3/14FulltimeCollege BachelorsMusic Education with a double minor in sociology and music20-21
The University of Washington, School of Music9/29/146/3/16FulltimeCollege Masters and Teaching CertificateMusic Education22-24
New York University9/1/165/10/20FulltimeCollege PhDMusic Education24-27
EXAMPLE:
Karakura High
EXAMPLE:
2000-08-12
EXAMPLE:
2006-08-12
EXAMPLE:
Fulltime
EXAMPLE:
Highschool Diploma
EXAMPLE:
N/A
EXAMPLE:
12 - 18

4 - PROFESSIONAL CAREER - PRESENT SCHOOL (or another place of work, leave empty of not applicable)

Name of School: ___________________ School Type: _____________ Ages: ____________
Address of School: __________________
Date of Appointment: __ / __ / __
Post subjects taught and special responsibilities in the present post (where appropriate):
_______________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Reason for leaving:

5 - PREVIOUS TEACHING EXPERIENCE (leave empty if not applicable)

Post ( Name and type of school): River East Elementary, Elementary School
Date from: 8 / 25 / 10 Date to: 6 / 12 / 12
Ages Taught: 5-10
Fulltime or Partime : 0 - Fulltime
X - Partime
Subjects Taught & Responsibilities:
Was a teacher's assistant for my first year in a 3rd-grade class. During my second year, I was a teaching assistant again, but for the music teacher, and dealt with all the grades.
Reason for leaving:
Was only planning to work there while in community college. Ended up getting into the University of Washington, School of Music for my bachelor's and master’s degrees so I had to move to a different state.

Post ( Name and type of school): Ballard High School, High School
Date from: 10 / 1 / 12 Date to: 6 / 3 / 16
Ages Taught: 13-18
X - Partime
Teaching assistant for the music teacher for two years while I was getting my bachelor's (2012 - 2014). Student teaching, my third year, teaching music appreciation and music classes (2014 - 2015). During my last year, I was teaching Music Appreciation classes and Intro Guitar on my off days (2015-2016).
Reason for leaving:
Left because I was going back to New York to get my Ph.D. Loved being in Washington, but NYU has such a good opportunity for me since I would be close to home and would be able to see family.

Post ( Name and type of school): New York University, University
Date from: 1 / 23 / 20 Date to: 5 / 10 / 20
Ages Taught: 18 and over
X - Partime
Was not a teacher, but instead, I was a tutor for music majors. I did not plan on working at a school while getting my Ph.D., but I decided to do tutoring since I was still getting paid, but not as much work as working at a school. I helped people with all things music whether it is music theory or music appreciation, I helped everyone.
Reason for leaving:
I graduated with my Ph.D. and was planning on moving to Japan.

Post ( Name and type of school): ___________________
Date from: __ / __ / __ Date to: __ / __ / __
Ages Taught: ________
0 - Partime

Post ( Name and type of school): ___________________
Date from: __ / __ / __ Date to: __ / __ / __
Ages Taught: ________
0 - Partime

6 - QUALIFICATIONS

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.): Associates in Music Education
Obtained on: 6 / 16 / 12
Institution where obtained: Bronx Community College

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.): Bachelors in Music Education with a double minor in sociology and music
Obtained on: 6 / 3 / 16
Institution where obtained: University of Washington, School of Music

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.): Masters in Music Education
Institution
where obtained: University of Washington, School of Music

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.): Teaching Certification in Music Education
Institution where obtained: University of Washington, School of Music

Type of Qualification (Minor, Major, Certification, etc.): Ph.D. in Music Education
Obtained on: 5 / 10 / 20
Institution where obtained: New York University

7 - CLOSING

Any extra notes about you or your application (if applicable):

Signature:

biancha (1).png Date: 8 / 28 / 22

beige minimalist shape twitter header (1).jpg

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #professor-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/wcAdvrRP

Users who are viewing this thread