.。*゚+.*.。 aspen's professor application :3c .。*゚+.*.。

OOC SECTION

What is your Minecraft username?:

toxigenic (applying account)
caysvie (main)
lautturi (alt)

What is your time zone?:
EEST (Eastern European Summer Time)

What is your discord username? (eg @muffincats)
caysvie

Link all previous applications you made on the server:

FACTION APPLICATIONS

LANGUAGE APPLICATIONS

Describe your activity on SchoolRP:

If I’m being completely honest, my activity’s been pretty on and off since August, due to my school starting and my final exams beginning. Before that, I was very, very, active on the server - logging on every day; to describe it in the simplest terms. Now, at the time of writing this, my exams have been wrapped up for the rest of this year, giving me some more time to work with, which has caused my activity on SchoolRP to skyrocket in recent weeks. On weekdays, depending on the day and my motivation, of course; I could be online for a few hours, as for the weekend; I’m a lot more active, being capable of spending multiple hours on the server (and I usually do...).

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:

Roleplay has been one of my hobbies ever since I was young, ranging from ‘playing house’ as a kid, to fully creating my very own characters and using those within a WhatsApp group chat with a bunch of my friends. As for SRP, my first time joining was in 2018, but honestly; I wasn’t the most active player within the community. Of course, I roleplayed with my friends and had fun on the server back then, but I didn’t exactly “branch out”, by this I mean I didn't join any factions, didn't participate in any specific roleplay such as GangRP, etc. After around a year, I moved on to other hobbies and left SRP behind, rediscovering it and joining again in the summer of 2022. That was, too, followed by a break until I returned at the beginning of 2023, which was when I started being a lot more active in the community, joining factions for the first time. Joining factions has given me experience within roleplay that I had never gotten in the past, since I had, for the most part, played a Grade-12 character exclusively. I have recently also joined a sports team, specifically, the Spartan Track team. I've been actively playing on SRP, and I've also participated in many types of roleplay outside of factions - those including, but of course, not limited to; GangRP (and CrimeRP), which wasn't my thing, if I'm being completely honest, FamilyRP, HospitalRP, etcetera, etcetera.

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:

caysvie | College-B[Track]
lautturi | Doctor

What is the subject you want to teach?:

Chemistry

TRIVIA SECTION

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:

Ever since I joined the server, I’ve looked up to the teachers, wanting to one day be in their position; roleplaying in the teaching position myself. I've had my eye on the professor and/or teacher faction for a while now, even applying to become an HS teacher at one point, but unfortunately I removed it due to my disappointment in the quality of it. I've thought about applying for the professor role instead, but I never got to writing up an application for myself - until now! Up until this point, I haven’t gotten the opportunity to roleplay as a teacher or as a member of faculty overall and it’s something that’s intrigued me for a while now. Since I have only roleplayed a student within the school setting of SRP, I have always wondered what it would be like to be on the other side, to be in the position of the teacher or the professor, instead of the student. To put it simply, I'm curious to see what it's like to be the teacher, instead of the student, for once. Chemistry is also one of my absolute favourite subjects when it comes to sciences and it’s something that I’d like to share my knowledge on, even if it’s through something as small as a Minecraft school lesson. I believe roleplaying as a professor would also be an opportunity for me to learn more and to touch up on my knowledge and skills since making classes does take a lot of planning and writing.

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:

Molecular building! I’d provide the students with plastic molecular model building kits (itemRP, of course) and let them build molecules, real ones or not. These could be graded, or they could simply be done for fun. The students could also take their shot at naming the molecules they’ve created.

Everyone’s favourite; Kahoot! I’d host a class with a Kahoot, seeing what the students already know and what we need to work on. Based on the Kahoot, I could work on the material and the themes that I take up in class; maybe even removing some things from my plan eventually.

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:

Visiting the forest. It would be a great opportunity to discuss the chemistry of the plants, soil, etcetera; and of course, show the students real-life examples with the plants within the forest. This would also allow the students to learn about the chemistry of the life around them, even if it is something unmoving like plants or fungi.

SCENARIO SECTION

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?

First things first, they'd get themselves close enough to the group, in an attempt to figure out what exactly was happening. Or they'd just walk up to the group, and ask what exactly is going on. Surrounding a rival team's member doesn't look very good for the college jocks, which would cause Yuan to still tell them to disperse, even if their intentions seemed harmless. Of course, if anything more severe was happening, Yuan would hand out detention slips.

Your character would be supervising detention, one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?

Yuan lives by the term, “There are no stupid questions.” But of course, there are exceptions. Her actions in this situation are as simple as telling them to continue their work, and asking unnecessary questions are simply making their own time in detention longer. Afterward, she’d simply ignore their questions, unless they had something genuine to ask.

Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and calling out other students in the class, what would your character do?

She would pause her lecture or lesson and proceed with a verbal warning. Nothing too harsh to begin with. Of course, they’d also inform the cheerleaders what would happen if they didn’t comply. Maybe something along the lines of…

“Turn the music off and quit making comments, please. People are here to learn, you may exit my class if you aren’t willing to.”

If the cheerleaders didn’t comply, Yuan would simply remove them from her class, if they caused any further issues, Yuan would issue them detentions.

Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up but it didn't help, what would your character do?

First order of action - picking up their radio and getting back-up from other members of faculty. Yuan is 5'2'', there's no way she's going to try breaking up a full-on fight by herself. Even though they do have a bit of a pessimistic outlook on situations like these, if there's a student who is significantly overpowering the other or if it's in other words, "an unfair fight", she would jump in and try to separate them, even if she has to physically put herself in between them. Of course, after the backup arrived, or the fight ended, Yuan would hand each of the students a detention slip.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

Yuan Weizhe, is the stereotype of the quirky chemistry teacher. Don’t judge a book by its cover, though. Even though she does put on a silly front, that’s all it is; a front, a bit, if you will. She found it a great way to keep her class entertained, to keep them focused on the actual material. Lian, themselves, are quite the academic. She possessed a doctorate by the age of twenty-nine, having spent most of her life by a school desk, surrounded by books. Yuan loves their students, caring about their education and well-being more than anything. Her eyes may twitch a bit here and there when encountered with students that make her work more difficult - but that doesn’t change her feelings toward the group as a whole. As for teachers, they’re her colleagues. She works alongside them, and they work alongside her. Not much else to say about them.

Yuan, themselves, are quite the androgynous person, when it comes to their style of clothing, hair, etcetera, at least. They stand at the majestic height of 5’2’’, not having grown much since their teenage years… Of course, she won’t let height intimidate her - most of the experiences she’s had are with taller people, many of whom have been intimidating in the past. Exposure therapy, if you will.

Just because their personality may be a bit quirky, doesn’t mean that it’s visible in their clothing. Yuan usually wears a lab coat at work, since she, of course, has to show off the fact that she is a chemistry, a science professor! Why get a degree, if not to show it off? Outside of work, she really couldn’t care less. Baggy T-shirts and sweatpants or jeans are the way to go!

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
Make sure this is over 100 words.

(556 words, 3162 characters.)
The 28th of November, 1987. Yangshuo, China. Specifically, 12:45 PM.

After a long, and stressful pregnancy, Yuan was finally welcomed into the world. Yuan’s mother would’ve wanted a sibling for her, but right after they were born - she was told it was far too risky. And, to the worry of her mother, Yuan was quite the introverted child growing up, not possessing many friendships or relationships outside of the usual familial ones. Yuan found comfort in art, cartoons, and playing pretend by herself. They didn’t need any friends, nor did they want any.

Of course, this wouldn’t and didn’t affect the path that they, later in life decided to follow. There’s no doubt of the work that she put in to get where she is now, either. Yuan spent most of her nights huddled around textbooks, reading into the subjects she had in school. During her high school years, every single wall of her entire room was covered in ripped-out pages of her notebooks, displaying mathematical formulas and examples, pages upon pages of biology notes, and, of course, chemistry notes. All of that studying, writing, and all the long nights, finally paid off when she graduated top of her class at 18 years old. 2008, specifically.

Yuan was so happy it was finally over with, and they were ready to start a new chapter in their life. With this chapter beginning, they packed their bags; leaving the town of Yangshuo behind and buying a one-way ticket to China’s capital, the metropolis; of Beijing.

She enrolled in Peking University, getting her Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry and Molecular Engineering in 2011, going on to get herself a Master’s degree right after graduating, for what they at the time saw as the last time, in 2013.

After she finished her education, she went into the field of chemical engineering. It was quite lonely work, since the majority of the time, she worked by herself. They hadn’t realised how much they craved the social interaction which they used to get from school and university, which caused them to quit after two years of working in chemical engineering. Yuan ended up right back in the position of the student, by the school desk, surrounded by books. At this point, it was also safe to say that Yuan was thirsty for information; desperate to learn more.

They completed their doctorate, or Ph.D. in 2019, but were unsure of how to proceed from there. Of course, you can’t study for the rest of your life - she would’ve had to enter work life again at some point. She thought about it and decided to go for a professor or teaching position, giving herself a chance to teach others, instead of being the student herself. And this is what she did. Yuan was at this point also desperate for a new scenery, a new start for themselves. So, they did what any person would do, and moved to another country, Japan specifically.

Yuan got a job teaching chemistry at a high school in Hokkaido - but she found it to be below her pay grade, considering that she has a Ph.D. But of course, she loved the concept and the actual job of teaching. They decided to resign from their position after three years, now applying for a position at Karakura Community College.

IN-CHARACTER SECTION
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you, replace the underscores [ _ ] with your answers)

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Full Name:

Yuan Weizhe

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss/Mx.

Given Name(s):
Yuan

Preferred Name:
Yuan

Gender & pronouns:
“I would call myself non-binary, they or she work just fine.”

Religious Denomination:
Agnostic

Marital Status:
Unmarried

Nationality:
Chinese

Current Location:
Hokkaidō, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
Ph.D. in Chemistry

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Chemistry

Minors:
Biology and Physics

Native Languages:
Mandarin

Other Languages:
Japanese and English

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Chemistry

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):

I’ll apply for Mandarin if this gets accepted.

Last edited:

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
Accepted!
Congratulations, please make sure you're in the Karakura Academics discord, and ping me in #help (@muffincats) to receive your role. You can request your role in game by making a ticket. If you are not in the discord please make sure to join https://discord.gg/xQBHzyNE4Y

Users who are viewing this thread