Jenny

Level 4
NepNeppu
NepNeppu
Omega
IGN: NepNeppu
Date: 07/07/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

THIS IS A LONG TERM SUGGESTION! Not a fix that can be done in a day or two.
As Nattyloo06 said below, everyone should give clear feedback in this comment, if disagreed or wanting to add something more.
Instead of grouping up and clicking on signs, how about grouping the list of people who want to buy the apartment rooms/houses into a LIST?
When the apartment rooms/houses are going to be expired in maybe 12 hours or less, a LIST will be opened for people who want to buy them.
Players need to pay for the full price of the properties to get in the LIST. You just have to click on the sign in order to get in the LIST.
The full price need to be paid, to prevent scenario where player have enough money when got into the LIST, but when the player was picked, he/she does not have enough money to pay for it anymore.
You can simply remove yourself from the list by clicking on the sign again. Since you get a full refund after leaving the LIST, it should fix the issue of the owner of the property is back to pay for the property.
The LIST will be removed automatically when the property owner paid for the property again.
This can be fixed either by checking the balance of the player who was picked to own the property. If it's lower than the property's price, they'll be remove and another random player will be picked instead.
After the property expired, it'll just be like a lottery ticket, pick a random person in the LIST to own the property.
Those who are not lucky enough, they will get the full money return if they're in the LIST.
It does not matter how early/late you are in the queue. If you're in the LIST, you'll have a chance to buy that apartment rooms/houses.
There'll be a limit of how many apartment rooms/houses you can be put on the LIST, so that players cannot run around the whole map and click on every single signs to get in the LISTS. You can change your LIST to different properties for a certain number of times, when changing to a different LIST, you'll be refunded the amount of money you put in for the LIST.

If the properties are being sold to other people, a command such as /apartment transfer [IGN] should fix this issue.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Fair play for everyone - No more BS like lag/ping issue, intentional/unintentional cheating (blocking the signs/players from clicking on the signs)

1688672341405.png

Last edited:

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

not a good solution to this. why?

there are people, such as myself, who get houses and keep those houses. in other words, I have had my house since last year September. it’s almost been a year since then. if people are paying the full price for this “queue” only to wait forever, then they’re wasting their yen. in the case that whoever has the house has plans to keep paying for it, what if someone in the queue finds a better place and buys it? or what if they’re no longer interested?

Jenny

Level 4
NepNeppu
NepNeppu
Omega

there are people, such as myself, who get houses and keep those houses. in other words, I have had my house since last year September. it’s almost been a year since then. if people are paying the full price for this “queue” only to wait forever, then they’re wasting their yen. in the case that whoever has the house has plans to keep paying for it, what if someone in the queue finds a better place and buys it? or what if they’re no longer interested?

for this “queue” only to wait forever
So you're saying other people did not wait on a property for more than a week? There are people who waited 2 weeks for different properties, running around the block like a headless chicken and fail to own them.

then they’re wasting their yen
I've fixed the post according to the queueing system.

"in the case that whoever has the house has plans to keep paying for it, what if someone in the queue finds a better place and buys it? or what if they’re no longer interested?"
If you have the house, you can literally disown the place, what do you mean by this? Can you explain your scenario with more details?

uta

Level 104
wavestalker
wavestalker
Omega+

to me, this doesn't really make sense... there doesn't seem to be a way to leave the queue if someone clicks the sign. i think the system right now is as good as it is, even with its flaws, if someone is blocking a sign at an apartment you could always send a message in the help channel in the roleplay hub discord or something...

Lazeas

Level 47

If there was a house queue system it should only activate/allow people to queue when the house is under 1 hour of ownership. People would be able to unqueue whenever and if the house owner comes back to put more days in last second, the queue would get cancelled.

that's probably how it should work if they add it but either way I don't agree with it bc prob too much work and its the same thing in the end.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
So you're saying other people did not wait on a property for more than a week? There are people who waited 2 weeks for different properties, running around the block like a headless chicken and fail to own them.
Just because the property is about to run out DOESN'T mean that it'll be available! The owner can, at any time, renew another 30 days. This would only make them run around MORE because they have to try and find all these different houses that'll most likely be paid for. Sometimes, I wait till the last day before I pay my rent because I'm lazy. If anyone was queued on my house, it's a waste of yen. Even if it were 1 week, someone can still renew as well, because I renewed mine as 25 days so I'd have nearly 2 months.

If you have the house, you can literally disown the place, what do you mean by this? Can you explain your scenario with more details?
yeah, but how is someone meant to know that someone is about to disown it? it is RARE to see someone disown a house for no reason, because houses are EXTREMELY hard to get and better than apartments. if someone is disowning a house, it's probably because they sold it to someone else (that's another point but ill delve into that in a second). other than that, most people wait till someone hasnt been on for a month straight, or till someone forgets to pay rent/can't.

another point is the fact that some houses are sold to other people. what if someone wants to sell their house to a specific individual? that makes it so it's physically impossible because if they disown the house after being paid, someone else would get it by default.

Nattyloo06

Level 14
Nattyloo06
Nattyloo06
Omega+
+1

I love this idea but maybe instead of being able to que [or however you spell it] at one week, make it so you can only que a sign when its about to expire that day. This way house owners have time to buy they're property's if still willing to own and others who are wanting the property don't waste they're time. If this was really added into the server it would definitly be helpful but with all this feedback I'm sure you could make a better and more clear thread. Now could everyone who's posted in this thread so far give clear feedback here, in this comment if disagreed or wanting to add something more. <3

Jenny

Level 4
NepNeppu
NepNeppu
Omega

to me, this doesn't really make sense... there doesn't seem to be a way to leave the queue if someone clicks the sign. i think the system right now is as good as it is, even with its flaws, if someone is blocking a sign at an apartment you could always send a message in the help channel in the roleplay hub discord or something...
+1

I love this idea but maybe instead of being able to que [or however you spell it] at one week, make it so you can only que a sign when its about to expire that day. This way house owners have time to buy they're property's if still willing to own and others who are wanting the property don't waste they're time. If this was really added into the server it would definitly be helpful but with all this feedback I'm sure you could make a better and more clear thread. Now could everyone who's posted in this thread so far give clear feedback here, in this comment if disagreed or wanting to add something more. <3
If there was a house queue system it should only activate/allow people to queue when the house is under 1 hour of ownership. People would be able to unqueue whenever and if the house owner comes back to put more days in last second, the queue would get cancelled.

that's probably how it should work if they add it but either way I don't agree with it bc prob too much work and its the same thing in the end.
Just because the property is about to run out DOESN'T mean that it'll be available! The owner can, at any time, renew another 30 days. This would only make them run around MORE because they have to try and find all these different houses that'll most likely be paid for. Sometimes, I wait till the last day before I pay my rent because I'm lazy. If anyone was queued on my house, it's a waste of yen. Even if it were 1 week, someone can still renew as well, because I renewed mine as 25 days so I'd have nearly 2 months.

yeah, but how is someone meant to know that someone is about to disown it? it is RARE to see someone disown a house for no reason, because houses are EXTREMELY hard to get and better than apartments. if someone is disowning a house, it's probably because they sold it to someone else (that's another point but ill delve into that in a second). other than that, most people wait till someone hasnt been on for a month straight, or till someone forgets to pay rent/can't.

another point is the fact that some houses are sold to other people. what if someone wants to sell their house to a specific individual? that makes it so it's physically impossible because if they disown the house after being paid, someone else would get it by default.
The post has been edited to try to fix these issues. Thank you guys for the suggestions.
I'll stay on this post for a lot longer so that everything will be cleared.

Lazeas

Level 47
The post has been edited to try to fix these issues. Thank you guys for the suggestions.
I'll stay on this post for a lot longer so that everything will be cleared.
I still think it's better if you could only queue when 1 hour left instead of a day, that way they dont need to add /apartment transfer thing.

Also I dont think staff will accept this because it seems like a lot of work + current system works fine

Good suggestion tho

Jenny

Level 4
NepNeppu
NepNeppu
Omega
I still think it's better if you could only queue when 1 hour left instead of a day, that way they dont need to add /apartment transfer thing.

Also I dont think staff will accept this because it seems like a lot of work + current system works fine

Good suggestion tho
I know. It's just a suggestion.
And, I'm thinking of one day because it would allow more people in different time zone to also buy the property without waking up at 5am in the morning, but it's just my own opinion.
Maybe I could put it to 4-5 hours, or 12 hours max.
But yeah. Thanks for the input o7

Eucatastrophe

Level 13
Eucatastrophe
Eucatastrophe
Omega+

What's the point in a queue system if the first person in the queue would be the first to get a property? At that point, you might as well just suggest people click on signs to be next to own certain properties. The current system is, in my opinion, flawed, but this suggestion is just putting extra coding for virtually no reason. There could be many alternative and better solutions to housing than this. What's the real problem?
Patience.
People complain because they have to wait long periods of time to get a property. The truth? Many people go inactive and lose their property, just to have it taken by someone who will later go inactive as well. Maybe we should have a system that automatically disowns the properties of people who have been offline for 30+ days. See how that is a much simpler and more direct solution? That is but one of many other possibilities.
Personally, I don't think this system would benefit the server.

Jenny

Level 4
NepNeppu
NepNeppu
Omega

What's the point in a queue system if the first person in the queue would be the first to get a property? At that point, you might as well just suggest people click on signs to be next to own certain properties. The current system is, in my opinion, flawed, but this suggestion is just putting extra coding for virtually no reason. There could be many alternative and better solutions to housing than this. What's the real problem?
Patience.
People complain because they have to wait long periods of time to get a property. The truth? Many people go inactive and lose their property, just to have it taken by someone who will later go inactive as well. Maybe we should have a system that automatically disowns the properties of people who have been offline for 30+ days. See how that is a much simpler and more direct solution? That is but one of many other possibilities.
Personally, I don't think this system would benefit the server.
Please read the post properly before commenting. I have changed the "queue" to "list" instead so that it makes more sense.
This is not a queueing system where the first person in the queue got first.

Last edited:

Eucatastrophe

Level 13
Eucatastrophe
Eucatastrophe
Omega+
Please read the post properly before commenting. I have changed the "queue" to "list" instead so that it makes more sense.
This is not a queueing system where the first person in the queue got first.
Queue, list, it doesn't really matter. Even a list is flawed. A lottery system? What happens if a player has gone inactive but is part of a list? Do you really think that being randomly chosen is better than trying to get a property yourself? I could see a list system being abused just as much as a queue system. In fact, I could see it being even worse than the current system. People with alts can just join the list and increase their chances. Even if it were to be against the rules - would that really stop people?

Lazeas

Level 47
Queue, list, it doesn't really matter. Even a list is flawed. A lottery system? What happens if a player has gone inactive but is part of a list? Do you really think that being randomly chosen is better than trying to get a property yourself? I could see a list system being abused just as much as a queue system. In fact, I could see it being even worse than the current system. People with alts can just join the list and increase their chances. Even if it were to be against the rules - would that really stop people?
you don't need to be so negative about it. If this system was implemented the way I said, it would be preferred over the current one, but the current one is okay for now. The alt thing would be an issue though.

Eucatastrophe

Level 13
Eucatastrophe
Eucatastrophe
Omega+
you don't need to be so negative about it. If this system was implemented the way I said, it would be preferred over the current one, but the current one is okay for now. The alt thing would be an issue though.
It's not really a negative or positive thing, it's about whether or not putting in the effort for something equally as bad as the current system is worth it

Users who are viewing this thread