mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Prosthettics' Lore-Team Application

Prosthettics

Level 40
Prosthettics
Prosthettics
Rich

IGN: My main account is Prosthettics (formerly minerpro6969), and my other account is CombatKatana.

What is your discord name and tag (name#0000)?: Obi-juan#7238

What is your timezone/What country are you from?: My timezone is Pacific Standard Time (PST), and I'm from Canada.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?: Yes.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?: Yes, I fully acknowledge this.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team: Things that may obstruct my progress on the Lore Team could be common things, such as writer’s block or IRL commitments. Nonetheless, I will always do my absolute best to complete all assigned tasks within their designated time frame, as well as attend every single meeting or event.

What makes you different from other applicants?: English has always been my best subject in school, which has been a driving factor for my writing. I have fun with trying out different ways of writing and utilizing different styles where I feel they would be best. I’m good at taking a topic, such as a person or place, and creating an entire story about it, explaining why it is the way that it is, how it got there to begin with. I can come up with ideas of what to write on the spot, but I prefer to spend a little bit of time brainstorming a few different ideas before I begin writing.

What makes you passionate about writing?: Typically, everyone enjoys what they’re good at. I’ve been writing for years now, after starting out mainly because of my love for reading novels. I have fun with world building, and creating story arcs. SRP has been a great tool for me to breathe life into the characters that I’ve created, allowing me to have them written out and experience the world through their shoes.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?: I do, I have written plenty of creative writing assignments, both in classes as well as in my free time for my own stories. I have also written lore and been a part of the Lore Team for ‘Salem’ on RPM, owned by RoseRP. I’d like to think that my experience with the lore team there would be similar to the SRP lore team, however with the SRP Lore Team being on a much larger scale.

What is lore to you?: Lore is the backbone of any fantastical world, it’s what holds everything together. Just like history in the real world, everything would be meaningless without lore. It exists to add flavor to a setting, a character, a story arc. It helps one understand how something works, or how it came to be. It also acts as an explanation for how a character behaves, the histories of a protagonist and an antagonist. I feel that good lore adds a degree of complexity to situations and the world surrounding it, as having one-sided linear characters or events is just simply boring.

WRITING PROMPTS

Write a 200-400 word story for a day in the world of Karakura:

Alex would awaken in a frenzied heap to the sound of his alarm clock, blaring a horribly sharp and obnoxious tune. He’d instinctively smash the palm of his hand directly into the ‘snooze’ button, before realizing that the clock before him had read 8:35AM. He’d feel his stomach drop for a brief moment before instantly skipping roughly half of his morning routine, trying to get to the school as fast as humanly possible with hopes that nobody would take note of his mild lateness.

He’d step outside, struggling to quickly lock his front door on his way out as he rushed in the direction of Karakura High. A calm morning breeze with a scent of mildew would lightly move through his hair as he ran, school bag half-slung over his shoulder whilst he tried to shove his baseball bat into it haphazardly.

Hospital staff from next door would be in the lobby, sipping their morning tea and coffee, waking themselves up for what would be another bustling day. They’d be giving mixed looks of slight disapproval as well as mild amusement as they watched the very disorganized frantic boy run past.

Shop owners and adults alike would be making their way to work and would be walking down the sidewalks opposite Alex, puzzled looks placed upon their faces as they watched the boy in the red and black baseball jacket run past them, seemingly with tunnel vision of getting to somewhere quickly.

Alex would come to an abrupt stop at the road just between the plaza and the school. He’d then quickly look both ways for vehicles, and upon not seeing any, would move to run across the road in an attempt to skip walking all the way to the crosswalks. As soon as his shoes touched the other side of the road, a booming voice came from behind him commanding “No J-Walking!” Alex would jump out of his skin momentarily, before quickly making a poor attempt to apologize to the police officer of which had just seen him do something unlawful. The officer would simply gesture his hand to keep moving, as he turned away without another word to resume his patrol.

Alex would finally hit the front gate of the school, glancing at his watch which would read 8:42AM. He’d sigh, and simply mutter to himself “Another day in Karakura.” before finally stepping in past the front gate.

Write about your favorite physical aspect of Karakura (things like classrooms/gardens etc.) Why? What makes it special?:

The most widely known yet unknown place, full of unanswered questions, the Karakura Sewer System. An seemingly endless, and sometimes quite literal maze of dense, dirty water and claustrophobia-inducing salted grey stone. The place where people from all backgrounds go. From students feeling adventurous, to murderous criminals looking to be shrouded to the police hunting them, to thrill-seeking gamblers that are looking to bet money on hard-hitting fighters brawling within the hidden underground fight club that resides there.

There is truly no other place like the Sewer System anywhere else in Karakura. Every time anyone goes down there, they are always left with far more questions than answers, no matter how far they go, no matter how deep they delve. You will find remains of what would have been laboratories, experiments, supercomputers, all hidden under a veil of secrecy. There would be blank white rooms, dotted in unsettling liquids. Homes for organized criminals, even an eerily empty abandoned nightclub, a cold shell of what it used to be.

It’s easy to accidentally stumble upon one of the many sewer entrances within Karakura, from the c****s to behind apartment blocks. It’s even easier to get lost inside, allowing you to aimlessly traverse the tunnels, feeling the dense stale air hit your face as you continue on, listening to the squelch of your own shoes for every step you take. A true utopia for an inquisitive person.

Thank you for taking the time to read this application, and thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread