KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

(Main) jenison_
(ALT - account I am applying on) akiyolover
What is your discord username?
jeni1255
Describe your activity on the server:
Pretty active! I am in college so I’m usually on in the evenings each day for about 5-6 hours, and I’m on during the weekends for the majority of the day. I am also very active around the holidays. I have been on SRP since 2018, so I’ve been around to watch all the changes made to the server, watched players come and go, and I have had the opportunity to take part in many events.

What is your timezone?:
EST
List your current and past applications:
Spanish Language Application - ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/its_jenifers-spanish-application.15524/
Nurse Application - ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jeniferlaurens-nurse-application.20297/
Korean Language Application - DENIED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application.20302/
Korean Language Part 2 - ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application.20341/
French Language Application - ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application.65684/

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I have always been interested in writing. The process of creating characters and brainstorming complex backstories and story arcs for them has always been a passion of mine. Before I found this server, I typically wrote stories with a couple of friends. We always enjoyed spending our afternoons, evenings, and even time at school working on our characters and having them interact with each other. Even to this day I continue to write in my freetime creating all sorts of characters, giving them each unique and interesting backstories, and even creating entire worlds for them.

In 2018, a friend of mine and I scoured the internet for a roleplay server on minecraft. We had been watching some minecraft roleplays online, and we both admitted we wanted to try it out. So, my friend discovered SchoolRP and we logged on. Of course as newbies we kind of sucked, but within a few weeks and months of continuously being on, our ability to write detailed actions strengthened, and we got a hold on how the server worked. It became a source of enjoyment and connection for us.

Throughout the years, I joined different teams and even at one point joined the Hospital faction. The time I spent in the Hospital faction was thoroughly enjoyed, and showed me that there were so many other routes I could go down for roleplay. My actions improved in length and detail during my time as EMS and it gave me fresh motivation for roleplaying.

I was also a part of the Spartan cheerleading team for a few months, and even got a couple jobs at different restaurants. It was so much fun getting all sorts of different experiences. For a while, I did engage in CrimeRP and found myself enjoying being able to interact with so many different people who made their roleplay descriptive and interesting. I connected with a lot of players through CrimeRP and it surprisingly gave me the chance to develop my characters further.

Present day, I have a neat, small group of friends that I met through SRP and we each share a love for writing. We care for the characters we create and have a passion for writing, which is something we can pursue through SRP.

What is your motivation for applying?
Back when I was an EMS, I fell in love with the different style of roleplaying it introduced me to. There was so much dedication everyone poured into their roles, and I was able to really develop my writing skills and get to see SRP from an entirely different view. When I had to leave due to real life events, I found myself really missing what the hospital faction gave to me. The people were amazing, the style of roleplay was so enjoyable, and I have always been so interested in the medical field so it gave me an opportunity to explore my passion. This time I am applying for a psychiatrist to get a new perspective in the hospital, and I have always enjoyed being able to help and comfort others. Though I am a pre-nursing major, psychology has always been something that interests me. In my free time I have sat and read articles by psychiatrists, and done research on a lot of mental health disorders. And now that I’ve had a few years to settle and develop my writing even more, I would love to be a part of the Hospital faction again and dedicate what time I usually spend sitting around doing something new and exciting!
Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

Psychiatrist
What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
I’m currently in college studying to be a nurse so I have a bit of understanding of how hospitals work, and what each of the professions are responsible for! Down below I have the definitions for some of the hospital roles and my knowledge on what they do/are responsible for.

Doctor:
Doctors are commonly referred to as physicians. They go to school for an extremely long time, perfecting their knowledge on the human body and ensuring they’re prepared to hold a human’s life in their hands. There are so many specialties a doctor can focus their careers in. Cardiology, Neurology, Endocrinology, Gastrology, Dermatology, Anesthesiology, Family Medicine, etc! There are so many options for doctors, and each field is just as important as the other. Each field works together to ensure the human body is functioning the best it can, and that if something in the body is broken, diseased, or struggling, that they are there to do their absolute best to help that patient heal.

There are also different rankings of doctors. First off, at the bottom of ‘the food chain’, we have residents. These are doctors fresh out of medical school, entering hospitals and paving the first bits of their long, challenging career. They are here to learn some more, following behind their teachers and cramming all sorts of new information in. Medical school can only prepare you so much for the real world, so they look up to their teachers for guidance and knowledge. Next, we have the ‘official’ doctors. These guys have completed their residency and are now educated and prepared enough to no longer need constant supervision. Now, it’s time for them to be the doctor in charge. They teach other newbies, treat their own patients, and are able to prescribe treatment plans. And finally, we have the Attendings. These doctors have dedicated so much of their life to their career and specific field, earning them this big title. There is a ton of respect given to Attendings, especially from their coworkers.

Psychiatrist:
These guys are well versed in the brain and mental health. It is their job to sit and guide patients through any struggles they may be having mentally and set out a unique plan for them. The brain is a tricky, complicated muscle, and there’s so much unknown about it. A psychiatrist may not be a brain surgeon, but they have a strong understanding of how it works, and what medicines or treatment plans will work better for someone struggling mentally. Their job is to also be compassionate. Some doctors can be detached and lack emotion, but these guys have to always engage and connect with their patients on some level. Without trust or feeling comfortable, a psychiatrist cannot do the best they can for their patients. Residency, official, and attending works the same way for psychiatrists as it does for doctors.

Paramedics:
The ones who get a good amount of the action. They are the first ones to arrive at a scene, forced to evaluate their situation swiftly and make split second decisions. Not only do they have to worry about their injured patients on scene, but they have to ensure everyone else on scene stays safe, too. They work closely with KPD, having their backs when the situation calls for it. Paramedics have to provide any type of medical care for the patient they are responsible for. If their patient is in critical condition, they must do what they can to keep that patient alive for the transport back to the hospital.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes, I acknowledge I can be demoted at any given time.
Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I acknowledge and agree I will be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role if I am accepted.
Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I acknowledge that I must attend training if I am online.
Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, I acknowledge that I must keep ICly things IC and not OOC.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:

Amoret Lévesque Tokugawa
Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Female. She/Her.
Character’s Age (if accepted):
Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

B.S. in Biology
Masters in Psychology
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Character’s Nationality:
French
Character’s Marital Status:
Dating
Character’s Religious Denomination:
Amoret had never been exposed to religion as a child, but growing up and being surrounded by others she learned the basics about some religions. It was the Tokugawa family that introduced her to Shintoism and took the time to educate her about it. The lifestyle she has developed and grown into while living in Japan has been influenced by the god they follow, Yatagarasu. Through this god, Amoret’s goals aligned perfectly with their teachings as she was already seeking to guide others, and now she uses the teachings of Yatagarasu to encourage herself and others in their life.
Character’s Spoken Languages:
French & Japanese
Backstory (100+ Words)
Amoret Lévesque Tokugawa, the eldest daughter of four. She was born in the Côte d’Azur, France, fortunate enough to be born into a wealthy family. Her father was a remarkably successful anesthesiologist, and her mother was a respected scrub nurse. Despite her mother taking some time off work after each pregnancy, Amoret still found herself having to step up and help parent her sisters. When her mother would eventually return to work, and both parents were gone for long periods of time, Amoret was usually left to look after her siblings and make sure they were all fed, bathed, and staying on top of their studies. There was a large age gap between Amoret and the second oldest, Noémie, who was born when Amoret was seven years old. Granted, their parents would hire babysitters or have their grandparents look after them, but even her own sisters viewed Amoret as some sort of parental figure. And as the oldest, many expectations were set for Amoret. When she failed to meet these expectations, she was met with great disappointment and consequences. She wasn’t allowed to hang out with anyone if she had exams, projects, or school work that needed to be done. School always came first. Her younger siblings were let off easier though, and though it frustrated Amoret, she didn’t blame her sisters for her parents' mistakes.

In fact, as she got older, Amoret was able to realize from a young age that the way she was being treated was unfair. All the other kids her age got to hangout, go to events, and actually live their childhoods, but she had always been forced to focus on her school and hobbies her parents wanted her to do. And even though she hated missing out, she always put her best effort into her work and hobbies. Yet that wasn’t always enough for her parents. As any human, Amoret failed a lot. Sometimes she would fail a test, or flunk a project, or not perform well enough, and her parents would be livid. She could rarely find solace in her mothers arms, but her mother always sided with her father. At the young age of fifteen, Amoret had to learn to be graceful and forgive her parents. Despite how angry she was, and how much they hurt her, how could she hate the ones who fed her? Cared for her sisters? And at rare times supported her? In fact, it was the way her parents behaved that piqued her interest in psychology. She wanted to know why people behaved the way they did, why parents treated children the ways they did, etc. The more she learned, the more fascinated she became with the mind. By seventeen she knew that she wanted to become a psychiatrist. Fueled with a personal motivator, Amoret prioritized her studies in her University, got herself into med school, and even tutored others in her class. Her passion and drive to help others through psychiatry has never dulled, in fact it has continued to grow throughout her residency.

Amoret attended a University in France and completed med school there, but she moved to Uji, Kyoto, Japan for her residency. She had connections with a family that lived there, the Tokugawa family. They knew of her interest in wanting to live in Japan after visiting it for Noémie, who had moved there for college. Noémie and the Tokugawa family helped Amoret learn the language a couple years in advance of her moving to Japan, so once she got her residency approved for a hospital in Kyoto, she was already familiar with the language and culture. They continued to educate her further in Japan’s culture once she actually moved there, and now since most of the Tokugawa family is located in Karakura, she is looking for a job at Karakura Hospital so that she can be closer to her family.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Psychiatry is Amoret’s medical specialty. She grew up as the eldest sister of four, their age gaps ranging from seven to twelve years. Despite their endless arguments, her younger sisters would always come to Amoret for advice out of fear of their parents' judgment. She learned from a young age how to appropriately be there for another person, and was always noted by others to be remarkably mature emotionally growing up. Additionally, the way her parents treated her started Amoret down the path to understand the mind and how it works. Through her early research, the more she learned about the brain the more interested she became in psychology. And as the years progressed and she continued exploring this field of the mind, she grew a passion to take on psychiatry and follow the path to become a psychiatrist.
What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Amoret pursued her psychiatry residency through the University Hospital at Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine. She completed four years of residency there, and is looking to continue her career in Karakura, Japan.
Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Yes, Amoret has gained valuable work experience from her psychiatry residency in Kyoto, Japan.
Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Yes, Amoret double-majored in psychology and biology.
SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Amoret stands tall and confident at the height of five-foot-eight. Her thick, wavy hair falls down to the end of her ribcage with neatly styled curtain bangs framing her face. Those long locks are a natural shade of light blonde, soft to the touch and to the eyes. It holds a natural shine to it, giving one the impression that her hair is well cared for and healthy. A pair of light blue eyes further accentuate her natural beauty, always possessing a look of warmth. Stare into those tender eyes long enough and one might feel inclined to spill their life story to her because they simply emphasize her safeness. Her pale skin is dusted with freckles, a feature she has never felt insecure of. And despite her lack of strenuous physical activity, Amoret has a curvaceous body that is usually emphasized by her sense of style. She is commonly seen wearing flattering work pants, and blouses or long-sleeves that fit her form. When she speaks her tone is smooth, very pleasing to one's ears and offers a further sense of comfort to her patients. There is a hint of an accent when she speaks, due to the fact she is not a native speaker of the Japanese language. However, her voice is free of judgment, and is constantly edged with tenderness and engagement. Her engagement is also reflected in her body language and eyes, showing her patients that she is always attentive and truly listening to what they are telling her.

How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty, Amoret is respectful and professional. Once she walks through those doors, her personal life stays outside of the hospital. She never brings her own problems or personal information with her on the job. Her sole priority is her patients. They come first to her, and they deserve her undivided attention. She also makes it her goal to get along with her colleagues, though of course she has had her experiences with difficult coworkers. Instead of feeding into any immature drama, Amoret opts to simply remain professional and do what she can to ensure no further drama ensues when working with them. Due to the hospital being a very serious environment, Amoret always makes sure to not involve it in petty drama, nor does she allow for her or her coworkers' personal lives to get in the way of saving another life. Though, during slow hours at the hospital, or even throughout her shift, Amoret is always watching and observing those she works with. Her interest in others' behaviors does follow her through those hospital doors, having her note the way different personalities mingle to work together to solve a difficult diagnosis, or how the different physicians react to whatever situation comes through their doors. How people work, what makes them tick, is very intriguing to her.

Off duty, Amoret is a lot more relaxed than she is on the job. This is the time she allows herself to process her emotions and what is going on in her personal life. If she had a difficult shift, she has this little ‘ritual’ she’ll do right after it to avoid having it burden her at home. Like what she does with the hospital, once she leaves the building she prefers to leave what happened on her shift in the hospital. It isn’t her goal to take it home with her (besides, doctor-patient confidentiality). Once she’s home, she allows herself as much time as she needs to recover from her shifts, taking care of herself and getting house chores done. Oftentimes after she has had a power nap or a couple hours to unwind, Amoret will invite a friend or two out for a lunch date or a walk around town. As much as she enjoys solitude, she also enjoys surrounding herself with the few close friends that help her not lock herself away in her apartment. Without them, Amoret would probably rot in her bed binge watching TV shows until her next shift.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Amoret tends to lean more towards working better with others. While she can get a lot more work done on her own, it helps her to collaborate with others and receive their input. She values all opinions, and will sometimes go out of her way to ask others for their suggestions. It aids her in viewing a question or problem from different perspectives, and it is this method that really gets her brain juices flowing, enabling her to come up with an answer or solution. Her pride and ego are never a problem on the job, she finds no shame in asking others for help - only when she is completely stumped, though. Amoret does find more satisfaction in completing her work on her own.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Amoret has always wanted to settle down and start a family, but she never had the time to truly think about it due to the amount of time and energy she put into staying committed to her studies. However, now that she has been with her boyfriend for ten years, and she has completed her residency, Amoret has been able to slow down and start really thinking about it. She would love to expand her current family of three (their pet dog being the third addition). Additionally, Amoret is dedicated to progressing her career. She has several goals for her career, and those goals include achieving promotions, conducting research and studies on the brain, and to - of course - help her patients reach their goals. Her biggest role as a psychiatrist is to ensure that she gives her patients the treatment plan that will best get them to the finish line. She wants to work with them so that the mental illness they are struggling with no longer has a harmful impact on their life.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Amoret is commonly perceived by others as being a calm and collected woman. It is unheard of to see her lose her patience with a patient or a coworker. She is remarkably patient and professional, always looking to deescalate a situation rather than standing by and allowing it to grow in intensity. Her gentle demeanor and welcoming smile are the most noticeable traits of her’s that help patients feel at ease with her almost immediately. She is hypervigilant that her body language invites the patient in rather than making them feel unheard or judged. Many of her patients have described her as “safe”, and that is her goal.
However, this contrasts how Amoret sees herself a great deal. More than she would like to admit, Amoret is constantly on herself, belittling her work. Having to consistently deal with a wide variety of emotions as a living, Amoret has learned to detach herself from taking on her patients emotions, and does this to avoid being overwhelmed by all the emotions she is exposed to. She believes this makes her appear cold to her patients, coworkers, and even her friends, leaving her to stress over if she has unintentionally offended someone, or prevented her from connecting with her patients. Due to this anxiety, Amoret is always tiringly aware that she is coming off as welcoming and safe for her patients, her fear of shutting them down great.

:)

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put into their application.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread