Notable
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

Zacksoshawtious

What is your discord username?
zacktimekiller

Describe your activity on the server:
During the time of this application, I acknowledge that my timezone isn't the best - especially when there are Psychiatrists that do not cater to my availability within my time frame compared to my previous experiences within the former Surgeon division. Although, I believe that this is a perfect timing and opportunity, especially when I have a whole week off next week - giving me more of an incentive and a lot more free time to get ahead of myself by gathering as much of early-game experiences as I could - and have more room to be able to get on for training that is targeted for EST timezones. And with the addition, of making both skins and art this could affect and impact my availability and activity within the server, although, I have the intention and plan to gain more room for in-faction activities as well. However, I overall expect myself to get on for a standard 3-5 hours at least a day and more on the weekends, hopefully, especially when exams and intensive projects are over this semester that has been occupying me from the previous months. But, now I am confident that I have more loose and free time for a faction.

What is your timezone?:
GMT+8

List your current and past applications:
Faction Application(s)

SURGEON [EMS APPLICATION]: ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/surgeon-ems-application-zacktimekiller.59419/
PATROL OFFICER [KPD APPLICATION]: ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/zacktimekiller-kpd-application.61321/
[SHOPKEEPER APPLICATION]: DENIED
Character Authorization Application(s)
Height Authorization (6’9); ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/height-authorization-69-application-templarking69.59979/
All Language Applications; (ALL ACCEPTED)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/filipino-language-application.57939/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-language-application.58237/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-authorization-application.58282/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-language-3rd-language-application.58418/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-language-application-alt.59490/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application-templarking69.59992/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application-alt.61456/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/kazakh-application-alt.61503/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/second-language-italian-application-alt.61574/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/second-language-french-application-alt.62739/

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
My experience spans for over 9 or so years now, and has stemmed from my love in reading & writing. I’ve actively roleplayed at a young age until now, I’ve constantly exposed myself to roleplaying within a wide selection of communities from roblox roleplay, discord rp to minecraft including DnD. With most of my experience, By default, I have a strong preference to detail roleplay whenever possible, enjoying expressing my character’s emotions and thoughts regarding their action. I have a good incentive for the general rules of roleplaying, and have always been trying to improve on character development - roleplaying is not all about writing a character’s actions, but also developing and improving the character through the cause of their actions. I’ve been roleplaying within SRP for almost 8 months now ever since late January. And had familiarized myself with the community.

Regarding my roleplay experience within the SRP community; I have tackled gangrp/crimerp, romancerp, my previous experience as an EMS worker, and my current experiences taking on the role of a KPD member and so forth. I've dropped gangrp 3 months ago, and haven't really had a motivation to go back to it, I've mostly focused on my time as apart of the KPD - and having occasional interactions with other EMS members. Although, I've witnessed some odd situations and even partake in it; such as dragging the corpse of a bear to the morgue as instructed within a flash event (not a lot of people were happy that day, but it was truly understandable) - or, that time I have witnessed other members of the KPD discussing about getting a warrant on a sink through the radio.. Even so! I've been actively roleplaying within SRP and had always try my best to contribute to the situations that are happening.

What is your motivation for applying?
I'd like to take another attempt on the faction, even though I have previously failed my examination as my first time, as a second attempt, I strive to do better, and make up for my mistakes. I have full intentions on improving and learning from my blunders, I want and plan to put a lot of energy into passing my examinations next round, including contributing and putting more effort into the Hospital Faction. Especially, when I've enjoyed the time spent interacting and having fun with people within the EMS. Hopefully, I'd like to take this as an opportunity to surround myself with them more while tackling duties and working with them within the hospital. I want to recreate new memories and a fresh start while guaranteeing my stay by placing more elbow grease as my second chance. Additionally, I've come to the decision of becoming a Psychiatrist this time around, especially when I have a level of interest in psychology, and it's more easier to digest compared to general medical information - well for me at least. And currently, I am taking a psychology-related class this year so it would be much easier to settle in and immerse myself upon the role of a Psychiatrist.

Additionally, upon getting Psychiatrist, I'd like to use it as a motivation to overcome my fears and take on circumstances that I've always been doubtful of; such as common scenarios that can often occur as a Psychiatrist is not knowing what to say - or not finding the right words especially when it comes to more sensitive topics. For this, I've made a more engaging character that can help me go through this obstacle and think of more valid reasons that can lead to a sufficient response while attempting my best to not come of as insensitive or offensive in anyway. I'd like to challenge my wits and improve on my in-character engagement when having to deal with these type of scenarios and I believe exposing myself to this type of roleplay as a Psychiatrist can help enhance my ability and be more flexible.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

Psychiatrist

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?

I can't say that I have a broad knowledge of hospital work, however I am able to give a summary of what I personally know after working under and with the EMS faction from prior experiences in the past. Although, do be aware that I'm mostly speaking from old experiences and referencing ideas from my old notes - so I'm not quite accurate when it comes to new/updated information, etc.

The Hospital faction and the KPD do work together and can communicate with each other via the local radio. In common scenarios that I've experienced, is that the KPD often calls the hospital staff for blood tests and to help ICLY identify and confirm any finger prints on items that were involved within a recent crime. This also includes; requesting assistance in actively giving people immediate medical care on the field.
In addition, there are also in-character evaluations between psychiatrists and KPD officers to further evaluate if they are mentally fit to continue on working within the station. This also applies to hospital staff as well but with non-ems psychiatrists. (Referring to psychiatrists that aren't officially within the faction).

Upon joining the faction you will start with the resident role and will be given 2 weeks of training under your respective fields before taking upon the exam to hopefully get your next promotion, however upon failing you will be given another week or two to go through another training session, and at the end of the week, you will be given your second and last chance of taking the exam otherwise you will be kicked out from the faction if you fail again.

Work Ethic that applies to both out-of-character & in-character, however mostly oocly. The work ethics are rules that are considered common sense that applies to the faction and should be passively followed in and out of character when being apart of the faction.

The Work Ethic goes as follows;
Professionality is to be expected. All staff members must remain professional especially when under the presence of a patient, especially when treating a patient.
Important/Non-public information remains within the faction. Avoid leaking important content from the EMS server.
Unfair Quotas, you are not allowed to asks friends or other players to purposefully injure themselves just to treat them after for a quota. This also includes NPCing a surgery or a psychological evaluation, etc for a quota.
Remain within the hospital at all times unless you have acquired permission to by a higher up such as going off-duty, and responding to calls (From when I was a EMS, we were allowed to respond to calls if we're the only ones present, unless says otherwise). Or, going out on an authorized patrol.

DOCTOR;
Recently, Doctors and Surgeon duties have merged in one division or specialty. Their duties range extensively; professionally diagnosing patients for any medical ailments pertaining to their physical health and prescribing necessary medicine required. And, performing any necessary surgeries on the patient to maintain the person’s physical well-being, applying prosthetics through meticulous surgeries or repairing/replacing any damaged organs.

PSYCHIATRIST;
Medicating patients regarding mental health issues offering a proper psychological diagnosis, therapy sessions, psychological evaluation, including giving proper advice that can assist in improving one’s relationships or mental-well being and prescriptions that can help regulate and stabilize one’s mental psyche.

PARAMEDICS;
A new addition to the faction, Paramedics are actively working outside of the hospital responding to 110 calls, they are responsible for stabilizing patients to ensure an increase of the patient’s survivability and well-being to further prevent any damage to their body. They are the ones that prepare the patient for any necessary or required surgery for the doctors that are waiting at the hospital.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Absolutely, I am aware that I can be demoted at any given time upon acceptance as a member of the faction.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes, I plan to dedicate my time to the hospital staff role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Of course, my lack of competence is held accountable, and I will expect punishment for my inability to be punctual.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, everything that is happening ICLY is strictly within character and must be taken ICLY.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:

Aidoneus Vassou

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Male identifying, he/him.

Character’s Age (if accepted):
40 Years Old.

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Masters in Psychology.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Doctor of Medicine {MD)

Character’s Nationality:
Greek

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Greek, Japanese, French, JSL

Backstory (100+ Words)

Aidoneus Vassou, the first born and eldest amongst the two of his siblings, his childhood mostly resides in a small town within the confines of Athens, Greece under a relatively wealthy household with his father owning a large company. As a child, he was treated relatively worse compared to his other siblings, being forced to sacrifice most of his youth by taking upon the role of a volunteered parent for his younger siblings. He felt responsible to take upon the role as their guardian despite his age at the time - especially when his parents are both emotionally and physically neglectful. Despite their wealth, his father didn’t seek out proper care and supervision for his children, which had led Aidoneus taking upon that role. Growing up, he considered it a rough childhood, especially when he takes up most of the brunt for his siblings’ problems and actions. He wasn’t allowed to express himself or his opinions despite his stressful state which had resulted in his easily angered temperament, although, unlike his brothers, he put his own efforts in regulating his emotions.

As he got older, he was immediately situated in the life of business upon his father’s words, all throughout his life, Aidenous was never given the choice to say no. And, he didn’t quite want this life. But, alas, he went with it - having no other options left. During his teenage years, Aidoneus often gets sick from constant exposure to stress; having to deal with his father’s antics on top of taking care of his siblings, and focusing on his academics - his body was at the brink of shutting down. And as an opportunity to assert control of the situation, his father prevented Aidoneus from seeking proper and professional care, instead, all concerns were brushed off and was only given sketchy medicine imported from Asia. Without question, Aidoneus consumes the medication on a regular basis - only later realizing that it was laced with silver causing him to develop Argyria that permanently changed the pigment of his skin to a grayish-blue hue.

Having enough of his father’s antics, Aidoneus planned out his future within a different country, waiting for the day that he is deemed suitable and capable of taking care of himself outside of his father’s roof without his support or reliance. Immediately moving to Japan when the day comes, familiarizing himself with the culture and language as he continued to pursue his education within the country, although afraid that his father might scold him despite being in a whole different continent, Aidoneus still went with a business course, while going through a double bachelors program with psychology as his own irrational choice. Although growing an interest in psychology, he learned a lot about himself, and decided that pursuing psychiatry within the medical field would be the best option for him - soon growing a passion for the profession.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Psychiatry; it piqued Aidoneus's interests due to his obsession with psychological warfare as a young adult, wanting to explore more of the expansion in regards to the mentality of the human brain. Although it was an odd motive, he became hyper fixated on the subject the more he learned psychology within college. Afterwards, he had learned more about himself, and how wrong most of the events that had occurred within his childhood - giving it more thought, he became self-aware, and after maturing, he realized how affective psychiatry can be and how much it can assists those who truly struggle especially when mental health can easily be brushed aside or taken lightly. He wanted to be one of the few that decided to assist those that are struggling with themselves through professional guidance and care.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Aidoneus attended the psychiatry residency program within Osaka University Hospital.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Yes, Aidoneus has spent over 10 years as a Psychiatrist, mostly earning his experience within Osaka, Japan.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Yes, Aidoneus has earned his Bachelors in Science in Business Administration while pursuing a double bachelor program with Psychology at the time.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Of Greek descent, Aidoneus often presents himself in elegant and expensive outfits, investing most of his apparel on formal attire - his wardrobe is what most people would call ‘regal’ or ‘fancy’. Standing at a relatively tall height of 6’3”, Aidoneus possesses a slim, slender figure however lacking muscle definition, displaying his lack of intensive activity. An abnormal pale-gray complexion caused by one of the irreversible symptoms of Argyria, however, his skin is pristine and unscathed, with a tattoo of a jet black vine gracing the left side of his forehead. A set of gray-blue eyes possess an eerie sense of passion burning in ill-fiery determination mixed in with his signature dubious grin, and paired with his deep, oily voice - despite his benevolent or good-willed words lingers a deceptive tone. Steel blue hair kept fairly short with strands extending down past his shoulder, framing his face further emphasizing his angular jawline.

Art made by me! >:)

1692753349279.png

How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty; pertaining to his job and his duties, Aidoneus finds himself to be very stern and professional; engaging in his work with a specific work etiquette that he strictly follows - seemingly more distant in terms of emotional interactions, not quite the person to be easily attached especially when interacting with other co-workers, he isn't quite entirely distant though, just not someone who is looking for friends, but he doesn't mind the company or an exchange of gossip or discussion. He passively speaks in a formal manner, and rarely ever breaks dialogue. Aidoneus can easily be hyper-focused when working, mentally eliminating all distractions and primarily puts all of his attention to his work and attend to his duties with much efficiency. Prioritizing his job and ensuring that everything goes accordingly to protocol with sufficient quality. Although, there are occasions when Aidoneus feels like conducting subtle and harmless mental experiments between co-workers - only during dead hours though. When there is nothing much to do, he seemed to start some sort of pop-quiz through a plethora of very odd questions disguised as a conversation of interest or even make them interact with each other in such a unique way just to see if the results meet his expectations or because 'he feels like it'. To note, Aidoneus is very careful to make sure these 'experiments' do not trigger any sensitive topics. He often records the results in a folder he keeps hidden under his desk. This is how he passes time whenever there's nothing else to do.

Off-duty, nothing much has changed, his attitude and behavior still remains professional even outside of his work uniform, he seemed to be the exact copy of his on-duty persona. Although, there are slight shifts to his demeanor - a subtle change of character but not entirely big enough to change his entire conduct. He seemed less stern, and without anything to focus on, he seemed to be more relaxed and frequently engaging in conversation more often compared to his on-duty impression - willing to engage more in miscellaneous activities to get his hands busy. And, of course, he finds more motivation to do subtle social or mental experiments much frequent in his free time and whoever he meets will be subdued by his words.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Aidoneus much enjoys working on his own; it helps him think at a much faster pace and have a more pristine sense of mind rather than having to constantly interact and communicate with his co-workers or other people within the vicinity. He believes that his performance much increases and becomes efficiently faster than having another person around instructing him or having to hand out instructions himself. Aidoneus's ego has made him come to the conclusion that everything is best handled by him especially when he is a licensed professional, that help isn't quite required unless the situation ever persists and goes south - then he isn't afraid to call for help when necessary, and only if it's necessary. He tolerates assistance and company to a degree as long as they respect his work ethics and boundaries.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Aidoneus has always seemed disinterested with his love life; displaying a lack of care and affection at the idea of settling down - especially when he seemed to love his work above others, - he perceives marriage to be restricting, although he does occasionally consider it when the question is brought up especially when he is often pestered all throughout his life by his relatives.

Although, he always has a list of plans that he wants for the future and his primary goal is to achieve greater heights within his field of work; promotion, and having an end or desirable goal when working with patients that he often makes a chart to track progress and seek out improvements and so much more. Aidoneus cares much about his work that he has a simpler ideal life at the end of the rainbow, which is to live comfortably in a simplistic space surrounded by the smell of wooden furnish paired with the burning embers of a small secured fireplace in his study.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
At first impressions, Aidoneus can be commonly perceived as professional, diligent, and well-organized, often focusing and prioritizing his work whilst thinking ten steps ahead and prepared with a back up plan, to a back up plan, to a back up plan, and so on. With a witty and astute character, however, can often be mistaken for his harsh bluntness and shadowed by his haughty demeanor but easily redeemed with his ethical and virtuous character. Moreover, he has a short-temper that he tries to regulate through common breathing exercises or simply walking away, trying his best not to express much of his anger. And despite upholding a benevolent character, he seemed to be mischievous and deceiving on some occasions.

Aidoneus is mostly aware of how people perceived him except for his haughty and egotistical bearing that seeps through here and there. Undeniably, he is prideful of his achievements and astute observations, although he is unaware of how he expresses himself. Aware that he lacks a level of social understanding of what’s deemed appropriate sometimes, however, he has little to no care about how people perceive him, and prefers authenticity rather than fully adjusting himself to fit other people’s wants, unless deemed necessary in a professional line of work. Although, he is conscious of his empathy towards other people despite his hard-apathetic exterior; genuinely caring for other people but displaying his affection more throughout his actions rather than words which makes him deliberate and thoughtful of his words or actions around people who he respects or cares for.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
PENDING

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to place your application on pending.

- When more slots are opened, your application will be re-reviewed. If in this time you decide you no longer wish to apply, change the title of this thread to "REMOVE"

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend to pick players who have been on the server for a while and have a relatively clean history. One way to improve your reputation, and boost your chances of acceptance, is by applying to other factions/community teams.

- Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put into their application.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread