mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Punishment Improvement

_BritishAutism_

Level 103
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+
The issue is the litebans api being annoying asf to work with (LiteBans is the plugin RPH and almost every reasonable server uses for punishments)
And switching plugins would mean an unban-all (Yikes!)
They could just write in the ban/warning reason exactly what it says in this screenshot

_BritishAutism_

Level 103
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+
so you're actually suggesting something like

** Rule 0 - Said "blah blah blah" in chat rudely! (Mod notes: [the user's message was received as offensive to players])
YES LOL! I must've explained it all wrong, thank you so much for explaining this

__SnowStorm

Level 17
girl me too, it's been a day
I agree that staff should format their reasons like this (Ignore the message ID stuff)

Something where it says the: Rule No, The description of the rule they broke, An imgur link for proof if the mod feels like it (Optional), (What they did and how it breaks the rules)
Screenshot (5400).png

Joe.exe

Level 50
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
+1
I understand and agree with your point of view. Some people believe that not disclosing specific information is to protect victims. So I would like to ask you, does this rule infringe on the rights of the accused?
Even if a person is tried, he should be informed of why he is being tried. You cannot force a person to confess unconditionally and accept punishment.
If a person is convicted without sufficient, public evidence, this is a serious violation of human rights and a fundamental violation of the "Presumption of innocence".
You claim that this is to protect victims from further harassment, but as long as they are willing to find, harassers will always find victims in some way. Why don't we make it public to prove the authority of the rule and fair and open trials?
The presumption of innocence is a legal principle that every person accused of any crime is considered innocent until proven guilty. Under the presumption of innocence, the legal burden of proof is thus on the prosecution, which must present compelling evidence to the trier of fact (a judge or a jury). If the prosecution does not prove the charges true, then the person is acquitted of the charges. The prosecution must in most cases prove that the accused is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If reasonable doubt remains, the accused must be acquitted. The opposite system is a presumption of guilt.

Popo

Level 61
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
I understand and agree with your point of view. Some people believe that not disclosing specific information is to protect victims. So I would like to ask you, does this rule infringe on the rights of the accused?
Even if a person is tried, he should be informed of why he is being tried. You cannot force a person to confess unconditionally and accept punishment.
If a person is convicted without sufficient, public evidence, this is a serious violation of human rights and a fundamental violation of the "Presumption of innocence".
You claim that this is to protect victims from further harassment, but as long as they are willing to find, harassers will always find victims in some way. Why don't we make it public to prove the authority of the rule and fair and open trials?
Last I checked, SchoolRP doesn't fall under the United State's legal system. I am not sure why we are quoting this for something much lighter than a conviction. If anything, administration just wants to keep all the drama of, publicising evidence and therefore exposing the reporter's identity, out of the way. We have seen a lot of instances where staff members or even normal players got doxxed for these occurrences. It's not unlikely for these to happen now.

kustomzero

Level 144
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
+1
I hear what this suggestion is trying to say. I believe when given out warnings staff should at least give a brief explanation on why the warning was given within the warn description. I completely understand that staff don’t hand out information that can reveal who the reporter was of the situation and that can lead to issues such as harassing the reporter from the person who got warned. However, I believe those who do get warned have a right to know what they did wrong. Simply stating “OOC Toxicity” or whatever one got warned for doesn’t fully explain what it was. Instead like the examples of what user SnowStorm showed could work. Doesn’t have to exactly copy that but a better warning system that will help players see what they did wrong and understand it. Staff are already busy enough and so having people go into their DMs asking why they got warned brings more things on their plate on top of whatever they’re doing. If a better system was in place it’d keep staff members from getting DMs asking why they were warned and it’d most likely keep them from being even more stressed than they already are. And overall it’d help players understand what they did wrong and learn from their mistakes to not do it again if a clearer and better warning system were in place.

NoZinth

Level 201
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+

I'm mostly against this suggestion and think it's a poor idea and will massively discourage players from reporting serious rule breaking. When a player is warned, it's typically put into one of several categories, e.g. OOC Toxicity, Spamming, etc. Which when thinking back to your previous actions you're typically able to deduce what happened and why you were warned, however in other cases you are not able to figure out why you were warned, and you simply just make a ticket asking "Hello, I was warned for x could I know why?" and then depending on the situation you'll either be given further information or told that we cannot disclose it. Should you feel that a warn was given wrongly and have no recollection of doing any wrongdoing then that is what our Staff Report system is for.

TLDR; We have systems in place to handle warning verification internally through staff reports, make a report if you feel you've been wrongly punished.

KimiNoUso

Level 346
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- As we've said previously, we do not share evidence to protect any reporter identities.​
- If you wish to find out a ban reason, you can always appeal. 9 times out of 10, most people already know why they're banned.​
- If you wish to have a confirmation on your ban e.g. you have a question like "Is my ban false?" "I want to see evidence", you can make a Staff Report using your Ban ID and a Senior Admin will look into the evidence and confirm whether or not your ban will stay and provide a little further insight without revealing key/protected information.​

Users who are viewing this thread