Event Purge Event Ideas

For official event threads

timothy

Level 31
kufn
kufn
Omega+
My take on this!!

The purge isn't all about murder and arson!!
- I feel like this is a big one. I've only seen suggestions regarding murder and arson . . . and I feel like you guys should remember that there are way more crimes to commit than that. For example, theft! Let's steal the original document of the Constitution of Karakura or something! Major Vandalism; yeah, spray painting the Police Department would be fun. . . but let's chop down the wood that holds up the pier!! Something big! Do you hate your teacher or professor? Kidnap their kid and hold them for ransom... IDK!

Government Officials of importance have immunity from the purge.
- The mayor, deputy mayor, commissioner, and hospital director would have immunity from the purge rules. This means that they are not to be touched during the purge. Of course, if the people playing these characters wish to ignore their immunity, they shall participate in the purge.

Police officers are also able to wave away their right to purge to protect the government officials for say. . . a bonus?

Make sure that there is a way for citizens who choose not to participate in the purge to be safe.
- I believe in the series that hospitals act as safe zones. Hospital workers who choose not to participate in the purge may sign a contract giving up their right to purge, and this extends to anyone inside the hospital. This means that if you enter the hospital during the purge and commit an illegal act, you are still subject to the law. Also if you enter the hospital and then leave the hospital to commit a crime, then you are still subject to the law.

Please include a well-thought-out combat system to make this go smoothly!!!
- I've never really been into combat roleplay, but if I had some clear and easy-to-understand rules I would be so down to join in!

Overall I think having "Play To Die" would be a great idea and motive towards this comment! I think having people fight against each other over a game is the best way to take over the idea of the purge event! I would love to have peoples play a children's game and see who loses! Well If ya win you earn money and your life. If ya lose well....

If you see any animes like, Alice in Boarderland, Tomodachi Game, Deadman Wonderland, etc! You would understand where im coming from!
Overall, I don't necessarily agree with the "play to die" strategy all that much. I guess that's just personal, but I believe the majority should "play to live." I guess we've never really seen a purge main character who looked for the action, but I guess it'd be fun!

Swap the KPD and GangRPers' arsenals. Give criminals tranquilizers & tasers whilst giving KPD anything from the black market profile.
I mean, if you can get your hands on it, you can use it, regardless of your occupation or status as a criminal.

Actually another idea I have in mind. Why not-- every thirty minutes (or any slightly longer time period), set a bounty on a random person for the prize of more weapons that may give you an advantage? Just a thought.
I really like this idea, though I think that it should only apply to members of the event team rather than a random nonconsenting player!

- The Reveal of BMD: Okay let’s say the government, so KPD and Gov and EMS if EMS is allowed, is corrupted and they’re like crazy so going around injuring the innocent or even killing the innocent. Now the only way to get weapons to protect yourself is through BMD. From my knowledge no one knows who the BMD leader is. Gang members have only came across the dealers of BMD. What if gang members and the innocent teamed up with BMD to get weapons to defend themselves from the corrupted government officials. After a battle between both sides, maybe the commissioner reveals the BMD leader before the commissioner gets caught off guard and gets attacked from behind. And that ends the battle between both sides from the BMD leader being revealed and the innocent winning from the corruption.
I don't know about this one, unfortunately. I just don't see the leaders of the black market going through the trouble of revealing themselves for this purpose. Government workers would not be "corrupt" because it is their right (just like normal citizens) to purge too. That means that during the purge, everyone who isn't a high-ranking government official or a hospital worker who gave up their right to purge (mentioned in my suggestion) would be seen as equal under the eyes of the purge. Don't get me wrong though, in theory, it would be fun for like a TV show, but I feel like it wouldn't be fun to roleplay out. I LOVE THE OTHER IDEAS!!

I'll respond to more later!

DokiBird

Level 111
Dokiibird
Dokiibird
Omega
Now to say, if you havent seen the purge yet. I would love you to do so.
(
)

I'm not too sure if this is gonna be added, but ever heard of Class weapon?

If you havent, in the purge franchise theres four classes of weapons. (there were more, but cant remember)

Class 1 weapons: These are likely to include non-firearm weapons, such as knives, clubs, and other non-lethal weapons.

Class 2 and 3 weapons: Semi Automatic rifles, and handguns.

Class 3 weapons: These include machine guns, suppressors, and short-barreled shotguns/rifles

Class 4 weapons: grenade launchers, flamethrowers, mortars, bazookas, and shoulder-fired missiles

blah blah blah
now to talk about kps things well, i'm agreeing with kufn. Why should we spawn camp killing everyone? How about we master vandalize the entire event, I hate my teacher of a father and im going to kill his son icly

also i wanna play to live and snipe someone with an m1 grand

timothy

Level 31
kufn
kufn
Omega+
Now to say, if you havent seen the purge yet. I would love you to do so.
(
)

I'm not too sure if this is gonna be added, but ever heard of Class weapon?

If you havent, in the purge franchise theres four classes of weapons. (there were more, but cant remember)

Class 1 weapons: These are likely to include non-firearm weapons, such as knives, clubs, and other non-lethal weapons.

Class 2 and 3 weapons: Semi Automatic rifles, and handguns.

Class 3 weapons: These include machine guns, suppressors, and short-barreled shotguns/rifles

Class 4 weapons: grenade launchers, flamethrowers, mortars, bazookas, and shoulder-fired missiles

blah blah blah
now to talk about kps things well, i'm agreeing with kufn. Why should we spawn camp killing everyone? How about we master vandalize the entire event, I hate my teacher of a father and im going to kill his son icly

also i wanna play to live and snipe someone with an m1 grand
I also thought about this but decided to not include it in my suggestion since SRP is mainly melee weapons (not including tasers or tranquilizers), so I didn't find it necessary. It's mainly due to the Minecraft EULA.

timothy

Level 31
kufn
kufn
Omega+
UPDATE:

I just thought about it. Obtaining weapons and items should be legal (or at least easier) the days before the event. Think about it: most citizens in the Purge franchise stockpile weapons and create safety mechanisms (safe rooms, etc.) to protect themselves against the Purge. Usually, they'll have licenses to have these weapons, or they're just flat-out legal outside of the Purge time frame. For example, pocket knives are legal in the United States where the Purge takes place, so most people own them ahead of time. I would argue that most citizens on the server do not have any sort of weapons because of their status as illegal in Karakura, so realistically, the only people who would be able to protect themselves would be GangRPers, since they stockpile weapons.

As I mentioned before, we can fix this by making it easier or legal to obtain weapons the days before the Purge. I believe that is the most simple fix to this issue, instead of flat-out giving people weapons for free as some people suggested before!

ps; When I say make them legal, I don't mean legal to use freely, just to own.

Last edited:

DokiBird

Level 111
Dokiibird
Dokiibird
Omega
I also thought about this but decided to not include it in my suggestion since SRP is mainly melee weapons (not including tasers or tranquilizers), so I didn't find it necessary. It's mainly due to the Minecraft EULA.
Wouldn't it be fun to break into a home and find a lets say.. Karambit.

Infi

Level 137
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Some build and level design suggestions to optimize the best event flow possible;

- Utilize the school as the spawn point. players should spawn in the center of the school and be encouraged to spread out around the building to avoid chunk lag and crashing. (That said, the school should be barriered off until the event starts)

- Put the player cap at 500 players. We all know what happens when too many players are in one area. (By allowing them to spread out before the event starts it should negate the number of players that join)

- Remove access to apartments, estates, beach, sewers, and forest. If you let players spread out too much they’ll end up never finding each other

- Throughout the event, host mini flash events every 30-45 minutes that encourage players to get closer to each other and take risks. Can be anything from supply drops, plane crashes, hospital alarms, etc

- Enable PvP for 10 minutes at a time every half hour. This will give a little more event flow

- Give staff/ET access to a command that teleports dead players back to the school gym where they can log off or hang around.

For moderation sake as someone who built and helped moderate our last purge event; don’t get too tied up in moderating every single player. It’s physically impossible to be there for every situation. Trust players that when they die, they do what they’re supposed to do

Best of luck event team

timothy

Level 31
kufn
kufn
Omega+
- Remove access to apartments, estates, beach, sewers, and forest. If you let players spread out too much they’ll end up never finding each other
I think that there should be some limitations to where players can go, but I feel like taking away access from all of these places might be overdoing it you know? 500 players is a lot of people (I agree with that suggestion 100 percent,) but I feel like taking away access from these places will hinder the roleplay aspect of the event. It would ultimately force players into PvP situations and that's not what the purge is necessarily all about.

However, I would love to hear your feedback on this because you always make great suggestions!!

The spawn point idea is also good, but I'm not sure how they would moderate who dies and who doesn't if it happens through roleplay.

Infi

Level 137
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I think that there should be some limitations to where players can go, but I feel like taking away access from all of these places might be overdoing it you know? 500 players is a lot of people (I agree with that suggestion 100 percent,) but I feel like taking away access from these places will hinder the roleplay aspect of the event. It would ultimately force players into PvP situations and that's not what the purge is necessarily all about.

However, I would love to hear your feedback on this because you always make great suggestions!!

The spawn point idea is also good, but I'm not sure how they would moderate who dies and who doesn't if it happens through roleplay.
You’d be very very surprised how players during AU events simply just run and hide. If you give access to every apartment block you’d be opening up way too many opportunities to hide & never be found. The event shouldn’t have a map so large that by the time 2 hours flies by there are still 100+ players alive. Think about SchoolRP right now. Many people will think these restrictions will speed up the event, however most players aren’t adrenaline junkies and will most likely spend their time hiding. Players will still have access to faction buildings and houses, to roleplay in, but everything at a higher Y level or below the ground should be blocked off

AU events are very fast paced and not meant to develop lore for characters. Although it’s nice to roleplay out running around in a purge, the idea of alternate universe events are to take a break from the usual roleplay experience and bring something fast paced and not complicated

timothy

Level 31
kufn
kufn
Omega+
You’d be very very surprised how players during AU events simply just run and hide. If you give access to every apartment block you’d be opening up way too many opportunities to hide & never be found. The event shouldn’t have a map so large that by the time 2 hours flies by there are still 100+ players alive. Think about SchoolRP right now. Many people will think these restrictions will speed up the event, however most players aren’t adrenaline junkies and will most likely spend their time hiding. Players will still have access to faction buildings and houses, to roleplay in, but everything at a higher Y level or below the ground should be blocked off

AU events are very fast paced and not meant to develop lore for characters. Although it’s nice to roleplay out running around in a purge, the idea of alternate universe events are to take a break from the usual roleplay experience and bring something fast paced and not complicated
I guess you're right! To be fair, I've never actually participated in an AU event, so thank you for the insight. Though, I think the beach is a fairly open place with minimal hiding spots. Maybe restricting access to the water would be a better idea?

DokiBird

Level 111
Dokiibird
Dokiibird
Omega

Ever just 400 people on the server will lag the server heavily... (on srp main server there was 350 people and my fps went from 530 to 430) (lets just disable buttons :smile: and not place furnaces)

idcvesper

Level 8
My take on this!!

The purge isn't all about murder and arson!!
- I feel like this is a big one. I've only seen suggestions regarding murder and arson . . . and I feel like you guys should remember that there are way more crimes to commit than that. For example, theft! Let's steal the original document of the Constitution of Karakura or something! Major Vandalism; yeah, spray painting the Police Department would be fun. . . but let's chop down the wood that holds up the pier!! Something big! Do you hate your teacher or professor? Kidnap their kid and hold them for ransom... IDK!

Government Officials of importance have immunity from the purge.
- The mayor, deputy mayor, commissioner, and hospital director would have immunity from the purge rules. This means that they are not to be touched during the purge. Of course, if the people playing these characters wish to ignore their immunity, they shall participate in the purge.

Police officers are also able to wave away their right to purge to protect the government officials for say. . . a bonus?

Make sure that there is a way for citizens who choose not to participate in the purge to be safe.
- I believe in the series that hospitals act as safe zones. Hospital workers who choose not to participate in the purge may sign a contract giving up their right to purge, and this extends to anyone inside the hospital. This means that if you enter the hospital during the purge and commit an illegal act, you are still subject to the law. Also if you enter the hospital and then leave the hospital to commit a crime, then you are still subject to the law.

Please include a well-thought-out combat system to make this go smoothly!!!
- I've never really been into combat roleplay, but if I had some clear and easy-to-understand rules I would be so down to join in!

Overall, I don't necessarily agree with the "play to die" strategy all that much. I guess that's just personal, but I believe the majority should "play to live." I guess we've never really seen a purge main character who looked for the action, but I guess it'd be fun!

I mean, if you can get your hands on it, you can use it, regardless of your occupation or status as a criminal.

I really like this idea, though I think that it should only apply to members of the event team rather than a random nonconsenting player!

I don't know about this one, unfortunately. I just don't see the leaders of the black market going through the trouble of revealing themselves for this purpose. Government workers would not be "corrupt" because it is their right (just like normal citizens) to purge too. That means that during the purge, everyone who isn't a high-ranking government official or a hospital worker who gave up their right to purge (mentioned in my suggestion) would be seen as equal under the eyes of the purge. Don't get me wrong though, in theory, it would be fun for like a TV show, but I feel like it wouldn't be fun to roleplay out. I LOVE THE OTHER IDEAS!!

I'll respond to more later!

Ofc I totally agree with play to live! still brings in the same concept as PTD!

kustomzero

Level 137
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
Another idea moment oh em gee. Before I list this idea please do know that I’m not entirely sure this will be allowed but hey it’s the thought and effort that counts.

- Street Racing Weaponization: Okay so this is specifically for the street racing gangs out there and those who are interested in it. If you’ve seen Mad Max or played Cyberpunk 2077 the street racing side gig then you’ll probably see where this is coming from. To make it more interesting during the purge event and to cause more adrenaline rushes and chaos what if the street racing crews came together and was able to have modifications for their vehicles. Such as armory attachments and plates, having weaponized attachments such as spiked reerings, blades on the vehicle, flamethrowers, smoke and gas dispensers, net catchers, all that jazz. I would also say guns like machine guns and turrets however that probably won’t be possible. I believe this idea would be very entertaining and enjoyable for the street racing crews out there. And this could also help KA-Automotive during the purge event as well bringing in more customers to rent what they offer. I’m sure more of this can be thought over with the street racing crews and the crime community if this idea were to go through for the purge event.

Disclaimer: This wouldn’t be vehicles killing players. It’d be vehicles attacking other vehicles. This idea is to just add more danger and thrill in street racing for the purge event.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread