mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

QUESTION FOR SRP TAILORS

DrainingFeeling

Level 59
DrainingFeeling
DrainingFeeling
Omega+
HEY! fellow tailors!! for those who have the current SRP shading, if you have any tips i could use that would help alot! i'm tryna learn the new srp shading as i am in tailoring block and hate my style :standing_man:

So! Please do send me any tips or study guides i can go by! I am also an artist so you dont need to explain the whole color concept to me! so just skip that part !! thank you! love you!

-Draining

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
Look at other people's shading, copy that then transform it to look different and into your own. that's what I did when i was starting out

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
What I like to do is start off by just planning out what the basic colors are and formatting it into the skin, then start shading from there. Like Polar said, copying from others can definitely help - the #skins channel in RPH is a major help with that.

DrainingFeeling

Level 59
DrainingFeeling
DrainingFeeling
Omega+
What I like to do is start off by just planning out what the basic colors are and formatting it into the skin, then start shading from there. Like Polar said, copying from others can definitely help - the #skins channel in RPH is a major help with that.
thank you so much!

DrainingFeeling

Level 59
DrainingFeeling
DrainingFeeling
Omega+
Look at other people's shading, copy that then transform it to look different and into your own. that's what I did when i was starting out
thank you even tho u tried stepping on me :rolls_eyes: anyways this helps! thank you sm <3

cupidd!

Level 4
cupieheart
cupieheart
Rich
HEY! fellow tailors!! for those who have the current SRP shading, if you have any tips i could use that would help alot! i'm tryna learn the new srp shading as i am in tailoring block and hate my style :standing_man:

So! Please do send me any tips or study guides i can go by! I am also an artist so you dont need to explain the whole color concept to me! so just skip that part !! thank you! love you!

-Draining

Practice always makes perfect! Don't be afraid to make mistakes, or ask for help for different colour palettes, I would also recommend studying up on your colour theories, like which colours go into which, but you've already said that that you're an artist.

You can always use colour palette generators and change them up a bit, but it gives you a rough idea.

Personally, I use 7 shades, 2 highlight shades, 1 base shade, and 4 darker shades, so begin with a base shade that could be darkened/lightened using your colour theory knowledge :)

DrainingFeeling

Level 59
DrainingFeeling
DrainingFeeling
Omega+
Practice always makes perfect! Don't be afraid to make mistakes, or ask for help for different colour palettes, I would also recommend studying up on your colour theories, like which colours go into which, but you've already said that that you're an artist.

You can always use colour palette generators and change them up a bit, but it gives you a rough idea.

Personally, I use 7 shades, 2 highlight shades, 1 base shade, and 4 darker shades, so begin with a base shade that could be darkened/lightened using your colour theory knowledge :)
thank you so much! <3 i appreciate the tips

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I was gonna drop some tips but what the others have said above are exactly my thoughts! Adding to what Eton said, utilize hue shifting to your style such as going up a certain amount of hues and keeping that the same way throughout your entire sha-bang. It's sometimes easier to prepare the 'pallate' you want to use before hand but test it out, I make my colors as I go only using one base color and building off of it.

ItsLucrator

Level 11
grp3
grp3
Rich+

-Draining

I literally practiced and asked others how they did it, sure you can copy other's and change it a bit but personally I think making it your own is what SRP tailoring is about, everyone having a unique skin to fit their characters personalities, etc. What I like to do is create a palette, then take those colors and change the hue, saturation and lighting. Eventually I get to the colors I like and add that to my color palette to make it different every time, if ever you need help you can DM me and I'll show you how to do it. though I'm not the best tailor on SRP I'd like to think I'm pretty good at the shading now. I basically just make lines of a really saturated light color shade that and then shade around it, with a bit of practice you'll see how you like shading and will get the hang of it. (for me, saturation is key) Feel free to DM me at zoe.#4212 Sorry for the late reply LOL

DrainingFeeling

Level 59
DrainingFeeling
DrainingFeeling
Omega+
u need help you can DM me and I'll show you how to do it. though I'm not the best tailor on SRP I'd like to think I'm pretty good at the shading now. I basically just make lines of a really saturated light color shade that and
SWAG! i've just been going through a deep tailoring block and hate my work even tho its original and all that jazz but i would just love to have a style similar to what's popular because i really enjoy the style and wish to learn it. i just never end up liking what i make when i attempt it

Ashtetic

Level 53
Ashtetic
Ashtetic
Omega+
Look at other peoples creations! Get inspired by them, ! If you keep doing the same process over and over again.. You'll get used to it<3 Copy others shading styles!<3 That's mostly how I was able to learn the new SRP shading

Users who are viewing this thread