mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Quick suggestion

KingSaiko

Level 6
IGN: KingSaiko
DATE: December 12th
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: If someone’s inventory glitched due to a server bug, they should be exempted from ic punishments for not having ID, if provided proof or submitted a inventory request beforehand. I was afk at /warp spawn and when I tab back in game, a detective was questioning me threatening me icly with his ‘last warnings’ as he saw a cigar in my hand. Firstly, I feel like if a player is at /warp spawn this shouldn’t even be taken icly as it’s a warp and multiple people are stacked on eachother and it just isn’t realistic to pop out of no where. If it was in the middle of plaza I’d understand a bit better. However I tried explaining my situation where my inventory had glitched previously due to the basketball courts. I’ve ALREADY submitted item requests to get them back a day ago. If my inventory did not glitch I would have had my fake ID with me. Although because of the server bug, I did not which does not make it my fault. This situation should have been handled oocly as there is enough proof straight on the forums where I requested an inventory glitch a day ago before this situation. However a moderator, Cloud_divider sided with KPD which resulted in me paying fines for not only the cigar but ALSO not having the ID which should be voided as I would have had it if not the glitch (30,000 yen total)

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: It would benefit the community because warp spawn should be a safe zone for people who aren't even roleplaying to just relax and not have to worry about the downsides of roleplay in game. Roleplay is supposed to be fun, the systems are quite enjoyable but sometimes can be too much with little factors like this. Would be one less worry for players and hopefully no one else has to deal with a situation like this in the future because there is nothing fun about it.
[IMAGES IF ANY]

Last edited:

Tequila

Level 1
If your inventory was glitched and your fake ID was lost due to server bugs, shouldn’t the whole situation be voided? The fact that you have already made a inventory request with proof of a fake ID disappearing a day ago, this should’ve been handled oocly and yes you should have been exempted as technically you would have still had a fake ID in your inventory if the server bug did not occur. I’d say this situation was handled poorly and it should be voided. The moderator could have just asked for evidence of losing your inventory, which you’ve already posted a day ago too…

Prizebox

Level 9
If you had the afk tag, then the cop should have ignored you, if not then he was just doing his RP job, you were aware that it's illegal to have a cigar when underage so you knew the risk. Now for the ID situation, I've always been against that law, but that stays icly.

KingSaiko

Level 6
If you had the afk tag, then the cop should have ignored you, if not then he was just doing his RP job, you were aware that it's illegal to have a cigar when underage so you knew the risk. Now for the ID situation, I've always been against that law, but that stays icly.
I wasn't marked AFK, since I had it in the background and I talked in /looc chat before going AFK again. Either way I normally would have a Fake ID but my inventory was glitched from the bball plugin the other day and I just find it unnecessary when it occurs in /warp spawn

DarkEclipic

Level 158
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
I get that your inventory glitched, but if you knew you didn't have an ID(Normal IDs cost 5k from a Governor or even a Fake ID which can be bought from the BMD) then you shouldn't have been holding out any of your 'illegal' items in your hands.

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
This is an incredibly niche situation that has likely only happened to less players than I'd be able to count on one hand. Just use common sense, if you don't physically have your fake ID, don't use age-restricted items in public.
Next time, just continue pretending to be AFK. As long as you don't move and keep your mouth shut, they won't be able to prove you're NOT pretending to be gone. I never said this, btw. No proof.

Warp spawn should be a safe zone for people who aren't even roleplaying to just relax and not have to worry about the downsides of roleplay in game.
100% no. I understand that spawn is a popular place for people to congregate, but that doesn't mean you should be immune from the consequences of your actions there, regardless of how minor you perceive them to be. Its cool if you want to AFK or chat with friends in LOOC, but your character still occupies that space ICly and you should be aware that things can and will happen in roleplay regardless of whether you'd like them to.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
So you lost your inventory and fake ID then decided to walk around and afk at spawn with an item you need that ID for, knowing full well you had lost it for the time being and that all IC consequences are still at hand during the time your inventory was gone,

it seems like your making a suggestion to avoid the punishment of your own mishap instead of accepting the fact you were not patient enough to wait for an inventory return to be accepted or reviewed.

Spawn is not a “safezone”, it is a “public-zone”, no IC punishments are or will be exempt there

KingSaiko

Level 6
So you lost your inventory and fake ID then decided to walk around and afk at spawn with an item you need that ID for, knowing full well you had lost it for the time being and that all IC consequences are still at hand during the time your inventory was gone,

it seems like your making a suggestion to avoid the punishment of your own mishap instead of accepting the fact you were not patient enough to wait for an inventory return to be accepted or reviewed.

Spawn is not a “safezone”, it is a “public-zone”, no IC punishments are or will be exempt there
Alright so you guys do make good points and I do understand that I shouldn't walk around with a cigar without my Fake ID, or without my items coming back, but then again the suggestion was originally created in the first place because I feel as if there should be a safe zone where people who aren't trying to roleplay can just relax and talk in local chat- which should be at /warp spawn in my opinion because that's just where we spawn in. This may not change much, but I just created this post because the spot /warp spawn should be an area where people just spawned in and aren't really roleplaying yet so they should be exempt from situations like this, which is just my opinion and my suggestion to add in. I did not create this post because of the lack of patience, but because I just don't want future players who spawn in to deal with such a rare scenario.

It's also not fair for you to accuse me of being impatient since I never actually complained about not having my inventory due to the glitch. I'm also not trying to "avoid" any punishments here, I just felt it was an unfair situation.

Last edited:

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
If you had the afk tag, then the cop should have ignored you
The afk tag does not exempt anyone from IC consequences. If you're AFK and they can't search you, they'll get a staff member to help them be able to

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Alright so you guys do make good points and I do understand that I shouldn't walk around with a cigar without my Fake ID, or without my items coming back, but then again the suggestion was originally created in the first place because I feel as if there should be a safe zone where people who aren't trying to roleplay can just relax and talk in local chat- which should be at /warp spawn in my opinion because that's just where we spawn in. This may not change much, but I just created this post because the spot /warp spawn should be an area where people just spawned in and aren't really roleplaying yet so they should be exempt from situations like this, which is just my opinion and my suggestion to add in. I did not create this post because of the lack of patience, but because I just don't want future players who spawn in to deal with such a rare scenario.

It's also not fair for you to accuse me of being impatient since I never actually complained about not having my inventory due to the glitch. I'm also not trying to "avoid" any punishments here, I just felt it was an unfair situation.
The place you want technically exists, it’s the tutorial, either way, having a place void of all roleplay would discourage in character interaction, which is not what we want on a roleplay server, I do not think this is too great of an idea

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
In a sense I agree. I don’t believe that server issues should cause IC punishment such as explained above.

(Though do note if you’re aware you have an “illegal” item out then you’re considered to be aware of the consequences of not having your ID.)

Then again, if there is an active forum post requesting for the item back, then you technically have it on you in character as it was glitched out of character, so theoretically it’s still there and able To be roleplayed with as the forum request is still pending.

+1

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
or just use common sense and don’t do anything that would require your id without actually having it. police shouldn’t have to go through the hassle of asking for a pending item request, as that’s just a waste of everyone’s time

just simply drag and drop it to the top right of your inventory so you can go afk without any worry

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread